So I just bought the long halloween

Just finished TLH and wow it was awesome. I need dark victory so I can continue the story.

I enjoyed Dark Victory a good deal, you can't go wrong getting that one.

BTW, Toxin72, Did you know that Dark Victory, besides being great, it also tells the origin story of the Robin. In fact, IMO the best scenes of DV were scenes with the Dick Grayson.

BTW, Toxin72, Did you know that Dark Victory, besides being great, it also tells the origin story of the Robin. In fact, IMO the best scenes of DV were scenes with the Dick Grayson.

No I didn't even know robin was involved in the story actually. Now I really know nothing about the comics but I would hope if anything that he's more like he is in the cartoon than in the movies or 60s tv show.

So I have a question about dark victory. Is two-face in it and if so is he still drawn the way he is in TLH? I loved his look in TLH and would love to see him used more while looking like that (though I would also take recommendations of other Two-face stories.)

So I have a question about dark victory. Is two-face in it and if so is he still drawn the way he is in TLH? I loved his look in TLH and would love to see him used more while looking like that (though I would also take recommendations of other Two-face stories.)

Yes Dark Victory is done by the same artist Tim Sale and yes same way as TLH

I actually went ahead and read The Dark Knight Returns first....as per advice from my local comic book guy, and it was an absolute masterpiece!!! Now I want to read Year One really badly, because Frank Miller is a comic god! No I'm not new to Batman...Just new to major storylines and the graphic novels. :word:

I finally got it in! I'm starting to read it.....................now!

If you like TLH and Dark Victory I also recommend Haunted Knight, it's another one by Loeb and Sale.

I know that there were several the only ones I remember are Scarecrow and the Mad Hatter.

The DC website
lists Scarecrow, the Mad Hatter, the Penguin, Poison Ivy and the Joker.

If you like TLH and Dark Victory I also recommend Haunted Knight, it's another one by Loeb and Sale.

Eh, it was okay. It was a letdown after having read TLH, DV, and then Catwoman: When In Rome.

I HIGhLY recommend When In Rome (moreso than Haunted Knight). It's hilarious, and a pretty good tie-in for Catwoman within TLH and DV.

How big of a role does the joker have in dark victory?

Alright so I went to get dark victory and it was sold out so I found another one done by Jeph Loeb and and Tim Sale called haunted knight. I haven't started yet so I'm wondering if it's a good choice and what you guys think of it.

I just bought Haunted Knight off ebay, and am waiting for it to arrive. Last night I read my new Arkham Asylum I bought the other day....wow it's amazing...and downright scary at times. It's a Batman Horror story, and I would suggest it to anyone that likes their Dark Knight...um...Dark. :grin:

I just bought Haunted Knight off ebay, and am waiting for it to arrive. Last night I read my new Arkham Asylum I bought the other day....wow it's amazing...and downright scary at times. It's a Batman Horror story, and I would suggest it to anyone that likes their Dark Knight...um...Dark. :grin:

I've kind of wanted to read arkham asylum but alot of people claimed it was bad storytelling. I guess I'm going to have to give in and find out myself.

No I didn't even know robin was involved in the story actually. Now I really know nothing about the comics but I would hope if anything that he's more like he is in the cartoon than in the movies or 60s tv show.

It's very much the original version of Robin, the little kid rather than the street-smart teenager.

I need to go buy Dark Victory ASAP. I love reading these comics and hope to have a decent collection soon.

I did finish haunted knight the other night and it was pretty good. My favorite story was the first one with scarecrow and then my second and third favorite comes in the order that their in. I didn't really care for the last one that much at all really but the other two made up for it.

I heard it is a good choice. I ordered mine August 18th from some BS comic shop on B&N. It still hasn't come in. I had to evacuate too because of the Hurricane so it is going to come in I bet while I'm gone. I'm pissed off to **** right now about it. It will probably ship back to the Warehouse and then when I get home I'll probably have to call their asses up to resend it to me and take another fudgin' month to get it! AHHH!!!

good luck down there. i hope you and everyone is safe and dry.

I'm going to finish up TLH in a few minutes. Now I'm trying to figure out what I should get next. I hear that the killing joke is kind of its own things but I also read its very short so I'm wondering if it's worth it.

killing joke is worth it. now get your hands on year one and TDKR asap.

The Dark Knight Returns is amazing...I would definitely suggest it be the next you pick up. :yay:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"