So I told a girl I was bi to see her reaction

*noticed how her lecture on 8th graders being too young to be thinking about sex speech was completely ignored* :(

Eight graders think and talk about sex. A lot. It's a fact. I have a niece in the 8th grade and she's absolutely obsessed with boys and her mom's overheard some rather adult conversations out of her when she's been on the phone. My brother-in-law and his wife have had to sit her down and really talk to her about sex in a very frank and open way, which I've gotta hand it to them was a big step on their part because they're horrifyingly religious so it was not easy for them to do. My niece was open enough with them to paint a pretty disturbing picture of just how obsessed her age group is with the subject of sex.

jag

Eight graders think and talk about sex. A lot. It's a fact. I have a niece in the 8th grade and she's absolutely obsessed with boys and her mom's overheard some rather adult conversations out of her when she's been on the phone. My brother-in-law and his wife have had to sit her down and really talk to her about sex in a very frank and open way, which I've gotta hand it to them was a big step on their part because they're horrifyingly religious so it was not easy for them to do. My niece was open enough with them to paint a pretty disturbing picture of just how obsessed her age group is with the subject of sex.

jag
Sweet. :up:

jag
That really is kinda sad. I understand about the hormones racing and all that, but dang, a pregnancy that young would sure put an end to a person's dreams of the future. :(

That really is kinda sad. I understand about the hormones racing and all that, but dang, a pregnancy that young would sure put an end to a person's dreams of the future. :(

I think what's changed is the attitudes about sex and the knowledge around it in today's youth as opposed to when I was a kid. I mean, I can remember being obsessed with sex at that age, but there was a certain innocence that went with it during that time period as well. Swiping your dad's Penthouse was racy. Now kids are giving each other oral at that age. I will say that the level of knowledge most of these kids have about sex and how to be safe and protect themselves is pretty astounding. It would be impressive if it weren't so alarming, really.

jag

I think what's changed is the attitudes about sex and the knowledge around it in today's youth as opposed to when I was a kid. I mean, I can remember being obsessed with sex at that age, but there was a certain innocence that went with it during that time period as well. Swiping your dad's Penthouse was racy. Now kids are giving each other oral at that age. I will say that the level of knowledge most of these kids have about sex and how to be safe and protect themselves is pretty astounding. It would be impressive if it weren't so alarming, really.

jag

It is pretty damn amazing how things have changed so quickly. Even when I was in middle school I can remember everyone whispering to each other and asking what "69" meant, etc. Now kids are experiencing 69 firsthand :csad: I don't think I even knew what a penis looked like at that age.

jag
I agree. Granted I am older than most of you, but 8th grade was all about getting a kiss if you were lucky. We didn't go around announcing we were gay or bi or actualy practiced anything. We all sorta understood that the harder stuff would come later. Now, if kids are getting into sex now so young, I really do wonder if sex will mean less to them, like it's a stupid toy that suddenly bites you in the ass because you didn't treat it with respect.

I agree. Granted I am older than most of you, but 8th grade was all about getting a kiss if you were lucky. We didn't go around announcing we were gay or bi or actualy practiced anything. We all sorta understood that the harder stuff would come later. Now, if kids are getting into sex now so young, I really do wonder if sex will mean less to them, like it's a stupid toy that suddenly bites you in the ass because you didn't treat it with respect.

Toys that suddenly bite you in the ass because you didn't treat them with respect are decidedly adult toys. :p

And, yeah, I'm older than most of the posters here as well, so I know what you're saying.

jag

and she didn't believe me so I insisted that I was. She stopped responding to me and when I called her she said she was annoyed with me and hung up.

:huh: What the hell is that about?

Maybe she didn't care and thought you were annoying calling her up saying that??

Maybe she didn't care and thought you were annoying calling her up saying that??
I think maybe she was just smart enough to know she was being toyed with and wasn't going to waste her time with anyone who wasn't going to be honest with her. I know I wouldn't.

yeah, was taht supossed to be that funny, was it intended? :woot:
I realized just how it could be taken right after I hit the "send" button. :p I rarely do anything genuinely funny on purpose. I don't have the knack.

I think maybe she was just smart enough to know she was being toyed with and wasn't going to waste her time with anyone who wasn't going to be honest with her. I know I wouldn't.

so thats why you left:csad:

*squeek is already married, but she loves LV anyway* :D

I daresay it hasn't been on track for some time. :D

squeek loves me....she wants to hug me....and kiss me....squeek wants to marry me:oldrazz: :oldrazz:
cool post

Btw, it was squeekness that ruined it with all the creepy/serious talk about youth sexuality, forcing jag to pry her eyes open to the horrible realities of the present day. :(

All I need to contribute to this thread is this:

:dry:

cool post

Btw, it was squeekness that ruined it with all the creepy/serious talk about youth sexuality, forcing jag to pry her eyes open to the horrible realities of the present day. :(
Sad but true. I guess I want all kids to be safe and free from trouble. It comes from being a mom.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"