The Amazing Spider-Man So now we've seen both, which was the best? - Part 1

It is really a hit or miss. Half of people think this is the greatest movie ever and the other half think it is the worst movie ever. It is crazy how so many people can love a movie at the same time so many people hate the movie. There are really not many people that think the movie is just ok its ether amazing or just down right tearable to people.

You literally said the same thing 3 times in different ways. Your 3 sentences stated the same basic premise. All 3 of your sentences seemed to have a similar meaning.

You literally said the same thing 3 times in different ways. Your 3 sentences stated the same basic premise. All 3 of your sentences seemed to have a similar meaning.

Lol yeah I gusse that is true .I gusse I am just frustrated that a movie I love so much is hated by like half of the people lol

Saw both origin movies again, and here's what I thought of watching them now:
With the exception of the reason Peter lets go of the thief, I like the Amazing Spider-Man take on the origin more.
Garfield is better as both Peter and Spidey, for the most part.
Better love interest is in TASM1.
Raimi's movie has better supporting cast.
Maguire has a better Spider-Man voice.
Maguire wore the better looking costume.
The better villain is in the first Raimi film, he's well rounded, and his son is valuable for the story. I don't think Connor's son would serve much for a move story anyway.

The movie I like more overall is the Raimi one.

Both origin films were flawed but Raimi's was overall much better.
While a little too nerdy and obsessed with MJ, Maguire Peter was a lot more likable and grew much more. He also tried to cash in on his powers and had a more compelling dispute.
Raimi's film overall had a strong supporting cast; Webb's had a meh version of Captain Stacey and no J. Jonah Jameson and actually again not much use of Flash.
Dafoe Goblin paled compared to the comic book character but was still a pretty good character and villain, Ifans Lizard was pretty bad (the story felt much more like they were really adapting Ultimate Goblin but for some reason didn't want to use Norman from the beginning).
Both Uncle Bens are OK but Sheen a bit better, you get more of a sense of how he's close to Peter while Robertson is a bit only stern.
Harris was great as Aunt May, true to the original character but more restrained and realistic (as in the '80s-'90s comics); Field left little impression other than being somewhat modern but underused.
The love interest is where Webb is a lot better, Mary Jane is OK but it's pretty hard to see why Peter likes her so much (or why and how she would sincerely go from liking Flash to Harry to Spidey to Peter) while Gwen is very appealing (despite her science expertise being a little forced) and has a lot more chemistry with Peter. Peter revealing his identity fit with the different version of Peter and was one of the few changes interesting enough to justify itself.
Elfman gave much better music than did Horner. The action in both is so-so, a bit more entertaining in TASM but not by much especially since expectations were higher. TASM also has a slightly cooler and more believable costume but the classic costume is still good.
Organic webbing is meh but the creation of mechanical webshooters wasn't very believable and them never running out defeated the purpose. Both films pretty much didn't have the spider-sense which is probably too difficult a power to include in live action.

Yup, raimi spidey costume is look great & almost perfect so classic, but marc webb is look good too & modern

Both Story and VFx is good

Webb: Better lead actors

Raimi: Better story (but not amazing, only because TASMs suffered a lot)

I'd say that they're both on par with each other, however.

There is yet to be a Spider-Man movie that will leave me completely satisfied and blown away. SM1 is the only movie that's really done that but it still needs that little bit 'more'. It was great for an origin story though and I don't think they could have handled an origin movie any better.

Webb: Better lead actors

Raimi: Better story (but not amazing, only because TASMs suffered a lot)

I'd say that they're both on par with each other, however.

There is yet to be a Spider-Man movie that will leave me completely satisfied and blown away. SM1 is the only movie that's really done that but it still needs that little bit 'more'. It was great for an origin story though and I don't think they could have handled an origin movie any better.

Your opinion on Spider-Man 2?

By the way, a weird weakness of both versions is that in both Peter is bitten by one of several enhanced spiders, it's weird that some of the others haven't bitten other people and that that happening isn't even considered.

Well I wondered about that after seeing TASM1, although we learn that only Peter could have gotten powers because of his DNA.

As for SM1, I don't fully remember, but I'm assuming that only one spider escaped, and afterwards they kept a better lock on their habitat to prevent others from escaping, too. But for the purposes of that story, I don't think it was necessary to really address this.

I just realized in both of the origin films, SM and TASM deal with genetically modified spiders as opposed to strictly radioactive spiders.

That said, the genetically modified spider was zapped before it landed on Andrew's Peter so who knows?

Also, since I can't vote with the poll, I choose "I don't want to compare them" -- I love both of the films. The only Spider-Man film to this day I don't like is SM3 and that has to do with being such a disappointment more than anything else.

It would be very interesting to start this poll again as I believe the results would be very different. Especially as this one was done just after TASM came out.

When TASM1 first came out, a lot of people jumped on the "Tobey sucks" bandwagon and rooted for Andrew. But looking back, I think a lot of people would choose Tobey over Andrew.

I think it's a fair thought process, because at the time, people just remembered Tobey's emo dancing scenes from SM3, and Andrew Garfield felt like the "hip" new Spider-Man. He did have a lot of potential, but after TASM2 and the franchise failing, he will be forgotten. It's just amazing to think that he gave us a skateboarding Spider-Man. :dry:

I was always team Tobey, but was open to Garfield when TASM was being released. I remember all of my friends were talking about how this Spider-Man is more accurate and funny like the comics, and he is more likeable, etc etc. And after TASM2 these same people came back to me and said, "you know what? I actually miss Tobey's Spider-Man."

When TASM1 first came out, a lot of people jumped on the "Tobey sucks" bandwagon and rooted for Andrew. But looking back, I think a lot of people would choose Tobey over Andrew.

I think it's a fair thought process, because at the time, people just remembered Tobey's emo dancing scenes from SM3, and Andrew Garfield felt like the "hip" new Spider-Man. He did have a lot of potential, but after TASM2 and the franchise failing, he will be forgotten. It's just amazing to think that he gave us a skateboarding Spider-Man. :dry:

I was always team Tobey, but was open to Garfield when TASM was being released. I remember all of my friends were talking about how this Spider-Man is more accurate and funny like the comics, and he is more likeable, etc etc. And after TASM2 these same people came back to me and said, "you know what? I actually miss Tobey's Spider-Man."

Yep, that's all spot on, same happened with me. 2011 I saw people saying all of Raimi's movies were garbage and Tobey sucked and this new version was what everyone wanted. Now they are all saying the opposite. It's why I think this poll done now would have vastly different results. And I am not someone who hated the TASM movies, but I always preferred Raimi's.

Garfield just really hates Mondays.

Yep, that's all spot on, same happened with me. 2011 I saw people saying all of Raimi's movies were garbage and Tobey sucked and this new version was what everyone wanted. Now they are all saying the opposite. It's why I think this poll done now would have vastly different results. And I am not someone who hated the TASM movies, but I always preferred Raimi's.

Sadly, I think Garfield's performance will definitely be the least appreciated and remembered. He did really good as the character...his problem was the script.:csad:

I grew to like Garfield in the suit more and more.
He certainly deserved better written stories.

I loved Maguire in the role, still do.
Of all the movie actors, he's the one with the best voice as Spidey.

I grew to like Garfield in the suit more and more.
He certainly deserved better written stories.

I loved Maguire in the role, still do.
Of all the movie actors, he's the one with the best voice as Spidey.

At this point, Maguire's voice is ingrained in my head just from playing the video game movie tie-ins.

"I think you zigged when you should've zagged." :funny:

At this point, Maguire's voice is ingrained in my head just from playing the video game movie tie-ins.

"I think you zigged when you should've zagged." :funny:
The games had the same effect on me, mainly the Treyacrh ones.
"Brothers huh? I'm telling mom."

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"