So then....rate and rank every Batman movie

Batman throwing maroni off the balcony was not supposed to be funny, it's supposed to be shocking. A sign that Batman may be going too far.

The audience laughed every time. It WAS funny. Maroni was all cocky and not afraid, then Batman just tosses him off the balcony.

LOL! Brilliant.

The audience laughed every time. It WAS funny. Maroni was all cocky and not afraid, then Batman just tosses him off the balcony.

LOL! Brilliant.
It was funny because of Maroni's attitude and Batman's "I'm counting on it"/drop from balcony rebuttal, but at the same time it is fairly shocking. Up until that point Batman hadn't been that extreme when he was questioning someone, and you can really sense his desperation and subsequent weakness when Maroni tells him that he's lost his edge over the criminals.

LOL! Brilliant.

I'm sure people laughed, but the scene was not intentionally funny.

Isn't this now debating what people find funny or not? Is the pencil trick suppose to be something to laugh about or to shock about? >_>

Well, most of it was improved in TDK and the action and some dialogue in it was very much average and generic.
TDK is a whole different film. Just because Nolan improved the fight scenes.... who am i kidding, you prefer B89 and think Begins is average and generic.
**** this....

I heard hisses and groans when Batman dropped Maroni, no laughter.

1. TDK
2. BB
3. Batman
4. Batman Mask of The Phantasm
5. Batman Returns

After that I don't even care lol

So many people rating Batman - MOTP high, that has to be one of the most overrated Batman movieS ever. I own it on DVD and its ok but not what most people claim it to be.

1-Batman Returns
2-Batman Begins
3-TDK
4-Batman
5-Batman forever
6-Gotham Knight - just for the working through pain episode

1. TDK
2. MOTP
=3. Batman Returns (a lot of people dont like this one but I love it)
=3. Batman Begins
4. Batman Forever (underrated as all sin).
5. B89

blah to the rest

1. TDK
2. MOTP
=3. Batman Returns (a lot of people dont like this one but I love it)
=3. Batman Begins
4. Batman Forever (underrated as all sin).
5. B89

blah to the rest

Really? :huh: From what i see, people say its the best non-nolan film.

For me...

Batman Begins
TDK
Returns=Forever
Bat'89 (Dont really fancy)
B&R

1-The Dark Knight
2-Batman Begins
3-Batman 89
4-Batman Returns
5-Batman Forever

1. Batman (89)
2. The Dark Knight
3. MOTP
4. Batman Returns
5. Batman Begins
6. Batman (66)
7. Batman Forever
8. Batman and Robin

Same. I love it, super underratted. :csad:

It is. Returns is my favorite of the old Batman movies. It's fantastic.

Great performances from all of the cast, especially DeVito and Pfeiffer. I love the snowy atmosphere on Burton's gothic Gotham. Elfman's score is class. Some terrific action sequences, especially the Batman/Catwoman fights, and the sequence where Penguin takes control of the Batmobile and rampages it through Gotham.

And all three of the baddies represent some angle of Batman's persona: Penguin is the lonely orphan, Catwoman is the angry vigilante, and Shreck is the powerful businessman. And you see this in various scenes, like when Bruce initially sympathizes with Penguin, saying he hopes he finds his parents. The parallels between Batman and Catwoman are obvious. "We're the same, Selina. Split, wrecked down the centre". And Bruce's clashes with Schreck over how Gotham should be run are class. "You think you could go 15 rounds of Mohammad Shreck?" :woot:

It is. Returns is my favorite of the old Batman movies. It's fantastic.

Great performances from all of the cast, especially DeVito and Pfeiffer. I love the snowy atmosphere on Burton's gothic Gotham. Elfman's score is class. Some terrific action sequences, especially the Batman/Catwoman fights, and the sequence where Penguin takes control of the Batmobile and rampages it through Gotham.

And all three of the baddies represent some angle of Batman's persona: Penguin is the lonely orphan, Catwoman is the angry vigilante, and Shreck is the powerful businessman. And you see this in various scenes, like when Bruce initially sympathizes with Penguin, saying he hopes he finds his parents. The parallels between Batman and Catwoman are obvious. "We're the same, Selina. Split, wrecked down the centre". And Bruce's clashes with Schreck over how Gotham should be run are class. "You think you could go 15 rounds of Mohammad Shreck?" :woot:

:up: :hehe: same, it's my favorite of the originals. and I never thought about the villians like that:cwink:

One of my favorite parts of the movie is :

Alfred - "It's vichyssoise, sir."

Bruce - :dry: :huh:

"It's supposed to be cold" :hehe:

When I came out of theatre after seeing Batman Returns, I was buzzing! major high, major.

But nowadays i'm not *that* into it, as in watching it from beginning to end. Like the all 3 89-95 novies, I watched it far too often on vhs, so know it too well, but things bother me about it, I appreciate the performance, but the Penguin kind of grates on me. Catwoman sells the movie to me though, MP was great.
A large gap of Batman as well, there's like 50mins that go by and by that point all we have had of Bats in action is the circus gang fight at the beginning, and a tiny Batmobile drive by the library.

anyway, my rankings...

1. TDK
2. BB
3. BF
4. Batman89
5. Batman Returns
6. Batman 66
7. MOTP - i too think this is overated, it has some fantastic stuff in it, but I get a little bored by the love story, and much prefer the bulk of the animated series.
8. Batman Beyond ROTJ - really enjoyed this one. Have to find my vhs of it for a re-watch.
9. forgot the name of he MrFreeze animated movie, i lent out my vhs of it a couple of years ago and did not get it back, it starts off well, but Batman is reduced to a supporting character, and it gets a little boring at points.
10. Mystery of the Batwoman - thought it was alright, but was quite disapointed as i was hyped for a new BM animated movie. It didn't feel like a 'movie' unlike the other two. I gave my dvd to a kid, I wasn't in any rush to watch it again.
11. B&R - can't be arsed commenting on this one.

:up: :hehe: same, it's my favorite of the originals. and I never thought about the villians like that:cwink:

One of my favorite parts of the movie is :

Alfred - "It's vichyssoise, sir."

Bruce - :dry: :huh:

"It's supposed to be cold" :hehe:

Gough's Alfred, I loved him. He was the one consistent element all through the old franchise that remained good.

Gough's Alfred, I loved him. He was the one consistent element all through the old franchise that remained good.

Agreed. Even In B&R, it felt like he was the only one who gave a damn

Well it's been over a solid year since I last rated them. Let's see how my ratings have changed.

Mask of the Phantasm - 10/10
Return of the Joker - 9/10
Batman '89 - 9/10
The Dark Knight - 9/10
Batman Begins - 7.5/10
Sub-Zero - 7/10
Batman Returns - 6/10
Batman Forever - 5/10
Batman & Robin - 2/10

Last edited:
Batman Returns - :up::up:
TDK - :up:

Batman Beyond / Ret. of Joker :up:
Batman Begins :up::word:
Batman '89 - When asked about his film Burton was right, paraphrase-'it's more of a cultural phenomenon than a good movie'

Agreed. Even In B&R, it felt like he was the only one who gave a damn

Yup

Batman '89 - When asked about his film Burton was right, paraphrase-'it's more of a cultural phenomenon than a good movie'

An artist can't critique their own work, they are too close to it to be objective-!

Batman is a classic.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
anarchomando1
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"