So what comic book would make a good TV show?

DAMN! Alright you got me off guard. :(

I though the "he" in your previous post was typo, and considering we were talking about Zatanna being 40, I got mixed up. :up:

Anywaym though it was meant for her I'd still make him around 28 - 32. Who would you cast btw?

Really, he should spend most of his time in alien form, so age isn't a factor. And I guess Carl Lumbly. Damn, alot of JLU voice actors could easily play the characters in live action.

So true, his voice over for MM was really well done. It's like you could imagine it in real life, straight out of the books. :up: If I had to choose an actor, I'd go with Michael Vartan. He was awesome in Alias.

Hell, even Amy Acker could play Huntress. :o

Well, maybe not. Huntress is hot in a dangerous girl with psychological issues kind of way. Acker's hot in a geeky kind of way. But then, she did play Illyria, so who knows?

Planetary: I mean come on, the premise screams television series.

Global Frequency: It could be like Charlie's Angels, except with a rotating cast each episode.

Global Frequency was actually in developement for a while I think and then it got canned.

I think a live-action Punisher series produced by David Chase and airing on HBO would be amazing.

The Question said:
Well, maybe not. Huntress is hot in a dangerous girl with psychological issues kind of way. Acker's hot in a geeky kind of way. But then, she did play Illyria, so who knows?

Yeah she is. :D I think she'd be great IMO, if not Ashley Scott would totally kick ass in that role. :up: :up:

The Flash! said:
Yeah she is. :D I think she'd be great IMO, if not Ashley Scott would totally kick ass in that role. :up: :up:

AShley Scott is smoking hot, but good god is she a terrible actress.

Agreed on the hot part, her fire can't be put out. Yeah, she's not that good an actress I agree on that as well. I only put her cause she played Huntress in the Birds of Prey tv series. :)

Who would you have play her?

The Flash! said:
Agreed on the hot part, her fire can't be put out. Yeah, she's not that good an actress I agree on that as well. I only put her cause she played Huntress in the Birds of Prey tv series. :)

Who would you have play her?

Thats a tough one. I notice most actresses (espically the tv ones) are cast on looks rather than acting. If Amy Acker could look intimidating she could work since her voice was good on JLU (Her intimidation at the end of Angel was probably chalked up to the make-up). If not, maybe Charisma Carpenter or Jessica Biel. Its definately a hard choice. If I was officially casting someone I'd probably end up settling.

cerealkiller182 said:
Thats a tough one. I notice most actresses (espically the tv ones) are cast on looks rather than acting. If Amy Acker could look intimidating she could work since her voice was good on JLU (Her intimidation at the end of Angel was probably chalked up to the make-up). If not, maybe Charisma Carpenter or Jessica Biel. Its definately a hard choice. If I was officially casting someone I'd probably end up settling.

Dude you chose the perfect one, that being Jessica Biel. :up: :up: She's perfect in both age and fitness, even being a decent actress IMO. :) I think she'd do well, and I can totally see her sporting around black hair.

^^I'm not completly sold on her, but i think she is probably a good competitor for the role.

I dont think I'd want a Huntress TV show though. She'd be cool as a supporting character in a Question series (Q is really one of the better titles for tv, cool detective show).

Plus:

Jonah Hex: Badass Deadwood-style gritty western. A throwback to the Eastwood days. Cameos from all the cool DC western characters. Perfect. Make the stories more dense instead of the bounty of the month motif the current series has. What a dissapointing bore?

Hitman: Loved the series. Still bitter over the cancellation. Could be totally badass. Put Dean Winters as Tommy. Its got comedy and drama and action. Perfecto! Its got FX/HBO all over it.

BPRD: I just like supernatural stuff. A police force for supernatural (like the MIB for aliens) could be a good show especially if done well. Keep the team aspect of CSI plus the cool scifi stuff of Smallville/Stargsate SG1 type show.

The Punsiher: Kinda like the Lorenzo Lamas show, Renegade, but grittier with less of a Nash Bridges/A-Team feel to it where even though hes fugitive, he's still a good guy.

Suicide Squad: Bad guys forced to be good guys. The anti-A-Team. But for the comic book shows, I would want to get away from the spandex and colorful superhero craziness

cerealkiller182 said:
^^I'm not completly sold on her, but i think she is probably a good competitor for the role.

I dont think I'd want a Huntress TV show though. She'd be cool as a supporting character in a Question series (Q is really one of the better titles for tv, cool detective show).

For now, she is. :D But you're right, there are plenty of actresses out there.

And a Question tv series would just kick ass, I'd like to see the whole "Man with no face" thing take full course of the show. I mean it'd be both creepy and thrilling at the same time, and he searches for the truth at every angle. :) I see it being a type of show based on the elements of Law and Order: Criminal Intent, again it equal total awesomeness. :cool:

Daredevil on HBO would make for a unique blend of court room drama and action, and it would probably be the cheapest one to make out of any comic book property. It could be great.

Are you asking which comic book could best be adapted for tv or which would actually make a good tv show?

The easiest to adapt would be Daredevil. As a matter of fact they had a show just like on abc called Blind Justice. But I do not believe this would make the best tv show. That honor would have to go to Spider-man but because of the high cost of sfx this is unlikely. I think ultimately the best comic book character who could be made into a successful adaptation for tv without a huge budget is Wolverine.

Deadpool and a Batman show based on Bruce's earlier training around the world at age 9 through 20.

Both on HBO. :up:

I personally think a live action Superman show would work well. Not a comedy/romance like "Lois and Clark" (although it should have elements of comedy and romance in it). A sci fi action drama all the way. Start with Clark coming to Metropolis, meeting Lois and the rest of the Daily Planet staff, donning the tights for the first time, and meeting Lex for the first time. Don't tie it into Smallville. Don't have any casting ideas at the moment, but I'll think it over.

blind_fury said:
Deadpool and a Batman show based on Bruce's earlier training around the world at age 9 through 20.

Both on HBO. :up:
If the movies didnt exist right now I think a Batman TV series on HBO would be awsome. But REALLY incorporate the detective side of things. Not so much CSI but have all the technical sides to it. You could have Bruce working side by side with Harvey Dent. Watching Dent try the case. I mean honestly you've got all the best parts of the biggest shows on TV built into the character. Bringing in all of this would even be good for stories. You wouldnt have to use up the villians in ever episode. Arkham alone allows for Hannibal Lecter types. The ideas are endless. When the movie series is done I would LOVE to see something like this. I love the films but there is only so much you can show. But with the seires you could really get into his skills as not just a masked vigilante but as the worlds greatest detective.

The Question said:
I personally think a live action Superman show would work well. Not a comedy/romance like "Lois and Clark" (although it should have elements of comedy and romance in it). A sci fi action drama all the way. Start with Clark coming to Metropolis, meeting Lois and the rest of the Daily Planet staff, donning the tights for the first time, and meeting Lex for the first time. Don't tie it into Smallville. Don't have any casting ideas at the moment, but I'll think it over.

Superman would work well too. I just think the problem the character runs into is they want it to be light and family oriented. I'm all fine for that. But let's get serious and really test the character. Doesnt have to be dark but really tackle some of the better stories in the comics.

Exactly. Superman isn't all grim and gritty, but his better stories are hardly lighthearted fun for the whole family either. The stories should go for some real depth. Tackle some real philisophical questions. The best way to do this is to make Lex alot less malevolant and alot more morally ambiguous. Like in Lex Luthor: Man of Steel. Have him believing that he is doing what is absolutely good, and that Superman is a real threat. Have his outlook on morality be similar to Ozymandias from the Watchmen. Have him be a humanist who would be fully willing to kill three million people if he thought it would bring about world peace. Thus, after their confrontations, Superman would question weather or not what he's doing is actually helping.

cerealkiller182 said:
Jonah Hex: Badass Deadwood-style gritty western. A throwback to the Eastwood days. Cameos from all the cool DC western characters. Perfect. Make the stories more dense instead of the bounty of the month motif the current series has. What a dissapointing bore?

BPRD: I just like supernatural stuff. A police force for supernatural (like the MIB for aliens) could be a good show especially if done well. Keep the team aspect of CSI plus the cool scifi stuff of Smallville/Stargsate SG1 type show.

The Punsiher: Kinda like the Lorenzo Lamas show, Renegade, but grittier with less of a Nash Bridges/A-Team feel to it where even though hes fugitive, he's still a good guy.

I would love to see these ones.

I always liked the Jonah Hex character.

Huge Fan of Hellboy so BPRD would probably do well and would be interesting. Especially with shows like Lost and Supernatural doing well.

I think the Punisher would be the easiest to adapt. THey wouldn't need a huge budget for FX's either as it's just normal people really. It would be almost like a fugitive type show where he goes through different cities dishing out the punishment, trying to stay ahead of the FBI who're chasing him down.

Okay. I think I've thought of my Superman TV show cast:

Superman/Clark Kent: Matt Long. I know Long looks a little young, but he's about 26, and the show would Have Clark fresh out of Grad school.

Lois Lane: Erica Durance. Hell, she plays the part well, and is one of the better parts of Smallville (even though Lois shouldn't be there in the first place).

Perry White: Hugh Laurie. I loves me some Hugh Laurie.

Lex Luthor: Michael Rosenbaum. He plays Lex well on Smallville, is about the right age for the interperitation I have in mind, and it wouldn't be a rehash of the same preformance, since the Lex interperitation I have in mind is more along the lines of the Lex we saw in Lex Luthor: Man of Steel mixed with Ozymandias from the Watchmen. He's the hero who's willing to do absolutely terrible and monsterous things for what he believes to be the greater good. It's an interpretation of Lex that is very fascinating and, I must say, is a good deal scaryer than a regula mad scientist or corrput buisnessman.

Jimmy Olsen: Shia Leboufe. Shia's like, cool. And stuff.

The Parasite: Adam Baldwin. Watch Firefly. Jayne is basically Rudy Jones in the future with guns.

Metallo: James Marsters. I must admit, I consider James for alot of stuff. But he's really that good. He could pull off the educated and sophisticated street thug very well.

Riot: Mark Hamill. Mark can play crazy, and I just think the fella should get more work.

Atomic Skull: Ron Pearlman. A dillusional psychopath with radioactive powers who believes himself to be the hero of an old 40s movie serial and Superman to be the villain of said serial? Interresting casting challange. A big dillusional psychopath with radioactive powers who believes himself to be the hero of an old 40s movie serial and Superman to be the villain of said serial? Call Pearlman.

Brainiac: Alan Tudyk. Can he play cold and calculating? Yup. Can he play a guy with a quirky sense of humor? Yup. Can he play crazy? Yup. Does he need work? Hell yeah.

Mxyzptlk: Jason Lee. Because, really, he can play a character with Mxy's sense of humor quite well. And because I can't think of anyone else.

the Flash with the guy from Dawson's Creek was awesome. I was youngish when it came out though about 11, so I dont know what its actually like nowadays, though I'd imagine still quite good.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MartyMcFly1985
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"