So what comic book would make a good TV show?

Discussion in 'Misc. TV Series' started by Mrh7448, May 19, 2006.

1. Michael Corleone Don Corleone

It wasnt bad. I think the biggest problem is it suffers from a dated look. Some things just look a little to much like they were shot on the back lot of somewhere. Also I think they tried to emulate Batman too much with most of his stuff happening at night.

2. cerealkiller182 Must Get Deadpool Avatar

Thats kinda one of the things I liked from the Dolph movie. That fact that his old partner was looking for him. I kind of hope they use the black friend that way in the sequel to the movie (if theres a sequel)

I think a mutant X-Men branch like the current X-Factor could work. Make a small group with low tech. Mutant X was way too high tech.

They should also jump on a cartoon show like Krypto the super dog only do Franklin Richards: Boy Genius (I remember a short story like this at the end of a comic book). I probably would not watch it, but i think from a business aspect that would be a good move. Theres too many non-human cartoon characters. Im sick of the talking sponges and fruits and whatever. Plus my younger brother loves Jimmy Neutron: Boy Genius, so I could probably leech off that success.

3. Cmill216 Senior Case Officer

The Punisher, Matt Murdock (although Blind Justice f'ed those chances up)...

4. Tsunulia Queen of the Kitties

I wanna see an Excalibur series :D Kurt all the time :) HAHEEYA!!!!! :D :up:

5. bengali The new Thundercat Lord!

Nightwing

6. Mrh7448 I am not a Side Kick

I think Nightwing would be better than doing a Batman. More potential. Especially if it started with him leaving Batman, and then moving.

Definitely has a lot of potential.

7. DarKush Registered

Some of these have already been mentioned:

Deathlok, Luke Cage, Punisher, Daredevil, Flash, The American Way, Hitman, Preacher, Cyborg, Nightwing, Batgirl (Cassandra Cain)

8. bengali The new Thundercat Lord!

Did you ever see that trailer for the Robin Movie? I can remember where I saw it at but it was called Robin or Grayson or something like that.

9. Elijya Registered

100 Bullets

10. The_Guyver Registered

A Punisher or Wolverine series would have to be toned down quite a bit for them to be on TV though. I think most Marvel superheroes work better on the big screen, except 'ol hornhead.

11. The Question Objectivism doesn't work.

Thoughts?

12. JLBats The boney king of nowhere

That would be AMAZING. You could do a mini-movie every week.

Somebody get on this. Now.

13. 3dman27 super-hero wannabe

captain america
    magnus robot fighter

14. Triligors Registered

Spider-Man: The Series

Since alot have been bringing up Spider-Man, I thought I would tell you that I am currently developing a series for that character to be pitched in the future. Whether or not I will be able to get it off the ground- I don't know. I have the "show bible" and a Pilot episode, in addition to 21 written teleplays (which will only be used for ideas and inspiration at most) that have been getting alot of good feedback. Next year I will be going to college and have a connection to Marvel.... Avi Arad, an alumni of the University! So, I might have a connection that will help me when I start to pitch the project. The University gets the majority of it's students set for a career in film or television. With strong connections to many of the top film companies and television networks.

The series would focus on a young Peter Parker, since in the classic comics he was bitten when he was a Freshman in High School- not a Sr.. The series would revolve around Peter learning responsibility, discovering his past... the series would also include, ontop of the obvious: Gwen Stacy, Justin Hammer, and The Kingpin. Norman Osborn will be similar to Lionell Luthor, in that he's more of a psychological villain- the Green Goblin will appear in the final season. MJ will not be featured in the series until much later on, this is because it seems that it's time for a new "dream girl" to take the spot- everyone has used MJ, while Gwen hasn't been used alot if much at all. Expect lots of classic Marvel villains, including Marvel hero cameos- for instance, Oscorp funds Reed Richard's space shuttle launch.

The effects will be awesome, especially the new way of 'looking' at Spidey sense that has been highly inspired by the look of the comic books- in the red tendrils, but I won't say how they are used. The effects however, also need time to develop in order to use them for a television show- which, thus in turn gives me more time to develop the project and pitch the idea. But, I am fortunate to have one of the top Marvel execs as an alumni of my university- I will try to establish a connection, and hopefully will, during my four years of college.

The Pilot episode and a couple of other episodes have been up at the fanfiction forum for months now. It is obviously not the final draft, but very close to what you might expect in the Pilot.

15. Triligors Registered

Someone mentioned earlier a superhero network. Great idea. Hope they do it one day.

I could see the schedule being as such:

Cartoon Sunday
    Classic Monday (Superman, Spider-Man, etc.)
    Punishment Tuesday (Blade, Punisher, etc.)
    "Girl Power" Wednesday (Ultra, Wonder Woman, etc.)
    Vengence Thursday (Daredevil, Batman, etc.)
    Movie Friday (ranging from old comic book movies to most recent)

16. huskerwebhead Registered

I always thought MoonKnight would be a good TV show to do.

A Punisher show would be great, but it's have to be on HBO or F/X....I don't want it toned down for network TV.

17. Sandman138 Registered

Whoever said Luke Cage is a genius. I was thinking of putting Preacher down; most people talk about a movie, but I could see it working much better as a show, so kudos for putting that one down too.

18. Mrh7448 I am not a Side Kick

Yeah I was thinking that too, would work better as a show than a movie. Maybe even if it was a heroes for Hire thing with Danny Rand, a buddy action show.

19. 32CAGE Registered

I agree with a Heroes for Hire series because of the superhero buddy element. There are no side-kicks involved which makes many super hero teams corny. It would be like a superhero Miami Vice.

20. 3dman27 super-hero wannabe

T.H.U.N.D.E.R. agents

21. chosen1 Registered

Man if they made an X-men show like LOST it would be so Phat.

Having a young Prof X and Magneto Recruiting different Mutants and we get to see origins of our favorite heroes.

NOT RELATING IN ANYWAY TO THOSE AWFUL MOVIES.

Actually have character connections.

They could go into Juggernaut being Xaviers half brother. Scott losing his parents and his young brother.

It would be a hit

22. The Question Objectivism doesn't work.

An idea I've had for a live action X-Men series:

Season one: We're introduced to the Xavier school for gifted youngsters, a private school in Westchester for the "especially gifted". The student body is small, roughly ten students in all. There is one teacher, who serves as the headmaster. Professor Charles Xavier, a billionaire scientist and philanthropist, and a major political voice in the movements for civil rights. Charles is also a mutant born with vast telepathic abilities, and quite possibly is one of the most powerful mutants on Earth. All of his students were born with genetic mutations that give them superhuman abilities as well. He has brought them together to help them learn how to use their abilities responsibly. The older students who choose are trained in how to use their abilities to help others in slightly more active ways (learning how to be superheroes, basically).

The main cast of characters are Scott Summers, Warren Worthington, Jean Grey, Hank McCoy, and Bobby Drake. The other students would be Sam Guthrie, Daniel Moonstar, Doug Ramsey, Xi'an Coy Manh, and Amara Aquifla. However, their's would be small roles in season one and they would not technically be members of the X-Men. Much of the first season would involve Xavier and the older students tracking down and recruiting other mutants with powers. Throughout the first season, they would meet with and confront Magneto and his brotherhood, sometimes when both sides want to recruit the same mutant teenager, other times when the X-Men have come to stop Magneto from doing something evil. The season finale would culminate with Magneto leading a full scale terrorist attack on Washington DC, and the X-Men coming to stop him.

The second season would introduce Wolverine as a mutant Xavier found in the woods of upstate New York. He would eventually become the guy in charge of the danger room sessions. In this season, they would flesh out the other students and recruits from season one as characters, and most of the more character centric episodes would revolve around them. The main arc of the season would involve the government's Weapon X and Sentinel programs. The season finale would culminate with the X-Men fighting Weapon X forces and some Sentinels. The Sentinels wouldn't be giant mech sized. More around 10 to 12 feet.

The third season would have the Cyclops/Wolverine/Jean Grey love triangle as a major sub plot. The main plot would revolve around Xavier discovering that the school's benefactors, the Hellfire club, have been using him and his students to further their own purposes. The season finale would involve the Hellfire club kidnaping Xavier and Jean and using their psychic abilities to try and awaken what they believe to be an ancient Egyptian demon to use in their bid for power.

The fourth season would have Wolverine searching for clues about his past as a major sub plot. By this time, the school has grown to over 30 students and other teachers such as Moira McTagart and Sean Cassidy have come to help staff the school. The school is now known to be one for super powered mutants, and has become a target for both bigotry and praise by the public. By now, Jean, Warren, and Scott have graduated the high school level and are taking college courses while helping out the staff at the school. The X-Men team has grown to include Nightcrawler, Kitty Pryde, Colossus, Storm, Gambit, and Rogue. Also, another sub plot would involve Rogue becoming a student at the school and adjusting to the school. The main plot would involve Reverend William Stryker leading his hate campaign against the mutants of the world, both powered and otherwise, with the help of former government scientist Bolivar Trask. The season finale would culminate with Stryker leading a campaign to exterminate the mutant impurity.

The fifth season would see a return of Magneto after he escapes from a maximum security government facility and goes about to free his other captive Brotherhood members. We would also see Emma Frost of the Hellfire Club looking to complete the ritual the club started at the end of season three. Partway through the season, this would result in her awakening Apocalypse, a vastly powerful mutant and barbarian warlord from Ancient Egypt who has been trapped in a form of cryogenic stasis for several centuries. The main arc of the season would be Apocalypse trying to conquer the world, with the X-Men and the Brotherhood teaming up together to stop him.

The sixth and final season would be an all out war on humanity led by the Brotherhood. By this time, Logan has unveiled the mysteries of his past, Jean and Scott are getting married, and Xavier has begun a shaky working relationship with the United States government. The season finale would be a final battle between the X-Men and the Brotherhood, as the brotherhood declares all out war on humanity.

23. Tsunulia Queen of the Kitties

A little late in the series, but I'll take it.

24. Orko Is King Registered

I want Preacher and Y:The Last Man on HBO and I want Runaways on the WB. Damn, that'd rock sooooo hard!

25. The Question Objectivism doesn't work.

Well, Runaways already has about a season worth of stories. I guess. So, it could work.