• We experienced a brief downtime due to a Xenforo server configuration update. This was an attempt to limit bot traffic. They have rolled back and the site is now operating normally. Apologies for the inconvinience.

Transformers So... what do you notice for the first time with the DVD?

Interesting. I thought that too. But it's a muffled "Thank You."

I think the Cube had something to do with repairing his voice. The book, however, does not explain it, like I had hoped it would. :oldrazz:

Hmm......

Um, mentioned the "Thank you" in the original first post. He definitely doesn't "say" it, just makes the sound that is obviously mimicking it. Still - Frenzy was repaired almost instantaneously when coming in contact with the Cube. If it was the Cube that fixed BB's voice, it should have also been instant. Nothing seems consistent about the explanation. It only doesn't make sense that it was fixed at that point in time because BB still chooses not to speak. One of the best moments for him to have done so was after his legs got blown off and he gives the cube to Sam. At that point he should have spoken for the first time and said, at the very least, "Goddam, this hurts like a mofo!! Here, take this mother-effin' Cube and run 'fo Megatron kicks your arse!".

When does it happen, during what scene?

As far as the black aura people keep talking about. The only time I remember seeing it is when Lennox is sliding underneath Blackout and is shooting up under his armor. The reason I remember this is because the 2nd disc has excerpts from the filming of this scene and he (Josh Duhamel) talks about how he's sliding away from the bike in the scene and Bay wants to do it again because he wants the camera to focus differently.

When I watched the movie again after you can see that when the camera is on Lennox from the top down the aura is there - perhaps to block out some of the things you are not supposed to see caught on the edge of the film. Other than that, I don't recall more scenes with the blackness.

I noticed they added another scene with Starscream after the first half of the credits.

greenknight.

That scene's always been there. I stayed in the theater after the credits started rolling because i had read somewhere about it. Usually i just get up and leave. Good thing too cause if i'd done that i would have missed the Witwicky's interview.

Um, mentioned the "Thank you" in the original first post. He definitely doesn't "say" it, just makes the sound that is obviously mimicking it. Still - Frenzy was repaired almost instantaneously when coming in contact with the Cube. If it was the Cube that fixed BB's voice, it should have also been instant. Nothing seems consistent about the explanation. It doesn't make sense that it was fixed at that point in time only because BB still chooses not to speak. One of the best moments for him to have done so was after his legs got blown off and he gives the cube to Sam. At that point he should have spoken for the first time and said, the very least, "Goddam, this hurts like a mofo!! Here, take this mother-effin' Cube and run 'fo Megatron kicks your arse!".

The "Thank you" is smuddered in noise but is understandable. As far as Frenzy being repared immediatly, i figured 2 reasons for this. Frenzy is way smaller and far less complex piece of machinery than BB.Also Frenzy draws power from the cube while BB doesn't. "Why wouldn't he, if it can cure him" you might ask. I've read in a comic or some article related to the movie that for the Autobots, the All Spark is a revered object, that is not to be used lightly, so BB wouldn't just use it, at least without agreement from Prime. For the Decepticons there's no such moral barrier, they just use it as they see fit. But BB is actually zapped when the cube is completing its ..."folding". I may just be grasping at straws here but it makes sense. But as someone else said, its a movie about giant alien robots kicking ass, sense is pretty musch out the window and if you overthink it, it ruins the ride. LOL.

I'm watching the DVD Saturday evening. And I do not want to be disturbed. I want to see all the small stuff you've been describing here that I've missed (Autobots symbol on Optimus' chest?)

But I couldn't resist playing a small part of the DVD (just to see if it worked :)) I noticed the cool sound effects at the beginning of the movie, over the DREAMWORKS and PARAMOUNT logo's. The stars coming down in a circle sound great on my JBL speakers. I'm sure I noticed it in the movie theatre, but I must have forgotten all about it. There's so much happening after that 30 seconds...;)

I'll get some screencaps later to explain

You got the caps yet? That would really help. I'm still kinda confused as to what exactly happens and how distracting it is so screencaps would be great.

I'm watching the DVD Saturday evening. And I do not want to be disturbed. I want to see all the small stuff you've been describing here that I've missed (Autobots symbol on Optimus' chest?)

I've seen it clearly in at least 2 scenes that i can recall, one is OP's first transformation justas the camera descends from his head to his chest (it seems as if he's taking a deep breath, but i don't think transfomers breathe, so it just looks like it) , the other is when he opens his chest pannels, giving a glance of his spark and says he will unite the cube with it if he has to.The symbol is right below it but its very small in comparisson to the huge symbol he had on his shoulder in G1.But its a very nice detail, just one more to had to the impressive amount of small details these guys have. They truly did an amazing job with these robots. (I think we sould come up with a new word 'cause robot just doesn't describe what they are anymore, they've become something way beyond robots).

I've seen it clearly in at least 2 scenes that i can recall, one is OP's first transformation justas the camera descends from his head to his chest (it seems as if he's taking a deep breath, but i don't think transfomers breathe, so it just looks like it) , the other is when he opens his chest pannels, giving a glance of his spark and says he will unite the cube with it if he has to.The symbol is right below it but its very small in comparisson to the huge symbol he had on his shoulder in G1.But its a very nice detail, just one more to had to the impressive amount of small details these guys have. They truly did an amazing job with these robots. (I think we sould come up with a new word 'cause robot just doesn't describe what they are anymore, they've become something way beyond robots).

I didn't notice it the first few times I saw it in theaters....but then on DVD, I saw it (and in the IMAX version.) I did notice it in his truck form though right off in every time I saw it.

it's there, trust me.

and yes, we should come up with a new word except robots...hmm....I don't know what, I'm not that creative. :p

Yeah, I know Barricade yelled something at Bumblebee when he was rushing towards him during their fight, but it came out garbled.

I didn't notice it the first few times I saw it in theaters....but then on DVD, I saw it (and in the IMAX version.) I did notice it in his truck form though right off in every time I saw it.

it's there, trust me.

and yes, we should come up with a new word except robots...hmm....I don't know what, I'm not that creative. :p

In truck form the symbol is right in your face, wich seems odd since it kind of gives away that's not a normal truck. Ratchet has it on the side and Ironhide on the back, but its not that noticible.Both BB and Jazz don't seem to show it in car mode.

BB has his symbol on his steering wheel Sam brushed his hand over it when he's sat in it at the car lot.

I love the way Mikaela's rear-end jiggles when she running to get the tow truck...she looks so cute. :yay:

I love the way Mikaela's rear-end jiggles when she running to get the tow truck...she looks so cute. :yay:

Ah, yes... another one of those details to play in slo-mo. :woot: And rewind again. And again.

I won't be getting the movie for another week or so.

I saw the movie about five or six times in theaters...Working at a movie theater has advantages like that. :p So, I'm trying to place a bit more time in between my next viewing so that I can watch with a little bit more surprise and ambiguity.

-TNC

can someone please post screencaps of those black hue scenes towards the end of the movie??

Sorry Storm, I have no screencaps, but I just thought of something:

I believe I saw this right, but Jazz has the Pontiac symbol, not the Autobots symbol.

And none of the Decepticons have their symbol...except for Barricade's "To Punish and Enslave" ensignia with the symbol.

In the scene where Optimus fights Bonecrusher the woman in the car first watches them for a while and when they go away she protects her son. :huh:

Bonecrusher has the Decepticon symbol in his front somewhere. I remember seeing it in a picture.
And as far as symbols go, I think Ironhide's is the least subtle. It takes up half of his tailgate.

I noticed they got Megtron's discovery date wrong. Sam states in his report that his grandfather took a bunch of sailors up to the arctic circle in 1897. Yet when Frenzy is hacking into the network it shows the date of discover as September 7, 1895.

I also noticed that when Frenzy is attacking Sam and Sam manages to throw him off, they stand there staring at each other for a few moments, both doing this leg bounce thing where their quickly shifting their weight from one leg to another.

>^..^<

I noticed they got Megtron's discovery date wrong. Sam states in his report that his grandfather took a bunch of sailors up to the arctic circle in 1897. Yet when Frenzy is hacking into the network it shows the date of discover as September 7, 1895.

I also noticed that when Frenzy is attacking Sam and Sam manages to throw him off, they stand there staring at each other for a few moments, both doing this leg bounce thing where their quickly shifting their weight from one leg to another.

>^..^<

thats called a shuffle, I found that funny

Sorry Storm, I have no screencaps, but I just thought of something:

I believe I saw this right, but Jazz has the Pontiac symbol, not the Autobots symbol.

And none of the Decepticons have their symbol...except for Barricade's "To Punish and Enslave" ensignia with the symbol.

Barricade has his Decepticon symbol on his right front fender just before you get to the police door, you can see it when he is picking Frenzy up from Air Force One. I believe it is a shield that says police & something else at the bottom but in the middle is the Decepticon symbol in white.

I love Jazz's delivery of "Fire it up Optimus" at the observatory. :up:

Plus i also like "Easy Inronhide" by Prime...so G1. :up:

I also noticed that when they're at the lake, Miles slides through Bumblebee's open window, but a second later the door is open even though it was closed a second before.

>^..^<

Also when Mikaela walks off a few minutes later the passenger door is open when they do the close up of Sam in the drivers seat, but it's shut when he peels round and chases after her.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"