I think God wants me to quit my job and find something else.

One day I opened a magazine, a totally different magazine, a piece of mail, and they all mentioned iPods.

Then, I saw a bus with a giant iPod ad on the side, WHILE I was reading an iPod ad in the magazine in my hands.

I think God wants me to buy an iPod.

ahh but the deep meaning full question is which kind of ipod

Everytime I go to Community Forum, I see threads about God. What's God trying to tell me? :huh:

Threadmaker,
Are you a dishonest car salesman? If not and you enjoy what you do without ripping people off, why quit? Also, is it possible to make a sale without being dishonest in your line of work?

"The future is not set. There is no fate but what we make for ourselves" - john conner

Threadmaker,
Are you a dishonest car salesman? If not and you enjoy what you do without ripping people off, why quit? Also, is it possible to make a sale without being dishonest in your line of work?

I don't think I'm a dishonest car salesman. It's possible to make sales without dishonesty, but it's really difficult.

Hmmmm....

Let me check...

Oaky, we can even skip the interview and I can go ahead and put you to work.

I sell cars for living. While what we do selling cars is completely legal in the eyes of the law, it's not entirely honest. For some reason for the past several weeks, everytime I open a Bible, it always opens to the same chapter and section of scripture.

This is the section that is always where I open the Bible too. I know some of you guys don't believe in God or the Bible, but I do so tell me if this is the interpretation you're getting.

Ephesians 5:6-14
6 Don't be fooled by those who try to excuse these sins, for the terrible anger of God comes upon all those who disobey him. 7 Don't participate in the things these people do. 8 For though your hearts were once full of darkness, now you are full of light from the Lord, and your behavior should show it! 9 For this light within you produces only what is good and right and true.
10 Try to find out what is pleasing to the Lord. 11 Take no part in the worthless deeds of evil and darkness; instead, rebuke and expose them. 12 It is shameful even to talk about the things that ungodly people do in secret. 13 But when the light shines on them, it becomes clear how evil these things are. 14 And where your light shines, it will expose their evil deeds.

I hear what you're saying man, and you see what you want; somewhere deep down inside you think it's wrong, and if you know it's wrong I think eventually that wrong will come back to bite you in the ash . . .

I don't necessarily believe in the Christian version of GOD, but I do believe in a GOD, and karma . . . maybe it's time for you to cash in your karmic chips and move onto something more meaningful *shrug*

Hold it. it's not like he's that guy out in, I think it was Oregon, that sold a new car to the same old man every day. these are adults who have the option of studying, knowing better when they show up, or bringing someone with them when they show up. Besides, it's not like he's any more evil than the people setting the gas prices.

I don't think I'm a dishonest car salesman. It's possible to make sales without dishonesty, but it's really difficult.
I think that if you have to struggle with your conscience when you work, then it's not worth keeping the job.

Hold it. it's not like he's that guy out in, I think it was Oregon, that sold a new car to the same old man every day. these are adults who have the option of studying, knowing better when they show up, or bringing someone with them when they show up. Besides, it's not like he's any more evil than the people setting the gas prices.
I don't think anyone is saying he's evil but if he has a problem with being dishonest in order to make a sale, then maybe this job isn't for him. Ultimately, the decision to stay or leave is his.

Anyway, that guy, in Oregon, I used to date him even though I've never met him.

Yo, Morfy, Do you actually LIE to these people? Do you tell them non-truths in response to their questions? Do you sell them defective or dangerous equipment?

Not that funny. The guy did it seven times. he was taking advantage of an old man who couldn't remember buying the car.

I don't think anyone is saying he's evil but if he has a problem with being dishonest in order to make a sale, then maybe this job isn't for him. Ultimately, the decision to stay or leave is his.

Anyway, that guy, in Oregon, I used to date him even though I've never met him.
oh, I hope I didn't offend you with that "lesbian comment". It was meant to be random and non-sensical. Plus I wasn't sure what gender you were... still not sure for that matter.

Thanks guys, you've all given me the advice I think I need. I've got a lot put up in savings. I'm going to start looking for something else.

Thanks guys, you've all given me the advice I think I need. I've got a lot put up in savings. I'm going to start looking for something else.
Don't quit until you have something lined up. At least be that smart.

that's true, but at the end of the day what really matters is are you enjoying what you're doing and fulfilling your potential . . .

I work at a mortgage company, so the same can be said for jackasses that don't know what they're getting into when they close on a home loan . . . I don't close on loans, personally . . . but I do feel bad when I see a customer who's really gotten SCREWED over . . . there's a line between people being ignorant and blatantly taking advantage (which you should kind of know better)

I'm not going to quit right away, but I'll be looking while I'm working.

Don't quit until you have something lined up. At least be that smart.

yeah, I mean don't just try to turn your life around in one day, hahaha, life isn't a sitcom; but think about the things you've really wanted to do with your life, and if you feel you have a calling somewhere else . . .

maybe it's not your destiny to quit, but to become a more honest car salesmen . . . maybe continue at that job, but really strive to help people out . . .

that's true, but at the end of the day what really matters is are you enjoying what you're doing and fulfilling your potential . . .

I work at a mortgage company, so the same can be said for jackasses that don't know what they're getting into when they close on a home loan . . . I don't close on loans, personally . . . but I do feel bad when I see a customer who's really gotten SCREWED over . . . there's a line between people being ignorant and blatantly taking advantage (which you should kind of know better)
Agreed, at the end of the day it comes down to what you feel and how you feel. If your gut feeling is that what you are doing is wrong, then stop. I am sure there are a lot of better things out there.

I sell cars for living. While what we do selling cars is completely legal in the eyes of the law, it's not entirely honest. For some reason for the past several weeks, everytime I open a Bible, it always opens to the same chapter and section of scripture.

This is the section that is always where I open the Bible too. I know some of you guys don't believe in God or the Bible, but I do so tell me if this is the interpretation you're getting.

Ephesians 5:6-14
6 Don't be fooled by those who try to excuse these sins, for the terrible anger of God comes upon all those who disobey him. 7 Don't participate in the things these people do. 8 For though your hearts were once full of darkness, now you are full of light from the Lord, and your behavior should show it! 9 For this light within you produces only what is good and right and true.
10 Try to find out what is pleasing to the Lord. 11 Take no part in the worthless deeds of evil and darkness; instead, rebuke and expose them. 12 It is shameful even to talk about the things that ungodly people do in secret. 13 But when the light shines on them, it becomes clear how evil these things are. 14 And where your light shines, it will expose their evil deeds.
I Believe that God does give signs...and that seems like a sign...but im not gonna say you should quit your job...hmm

oh, I hope I didn't offend you with that "lesbian comment". It was meant to be random and non-sensical. Plus I wasn't sure what gender you were... still not sure for that matter.
Totally not offended. I have very thick skin... or hide rather. I didn't reply to that as once I get started, it'll turn to spamming. I'm very good at spamming. As for my gender, I'll let you figure that out on your own.

If you can, try to hold on to your present job until you get a new one. Do you give to give advance notice before you quit?

Not that funny. The guy did it seven times. he was taking advantage of an old man who couldn't remember buying the car.
The guy should be put in prison and I would never want that to happen to anyone, but it's still funny that someone would have just enough memory to remember that they want a new car, but not enough to remember that they bought one just yesterday, and the day before that, and the day before that, etc.

I find it hard to believe.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"