I think God wants me to quit my job and find something else.

Metamorpho1977

You jack wagon!
Reaction score
I sell cars for living. While what we do selling cars is completely legal in the eyes of the law, it's not entirely honest. For some reason for the past several weeks, everytime I open a Bible, it always opens to the same chapter and section of scripture.

This is the section that is always where I open the Bible too. I know some of you guys don't believe in God or the Bible, but I do so tell me if this is the interpretation you're getting.

Ephesians 5:6-14
6 Don't be fooled by those who try to excuse these sins, for the terrible anger of God comes upon all those who disobey him. 7 Don't participate in the things these people do. 8 For though your hearts were once full of darkness, now you are full of light from the Lord, and your behavior should show it! 9 For this light within you produces only what is good and right and true.
10 Try to find out what is pleasing to the Lord. 11 Take no part in the worthless deeds of evil and darkness; instead, rebuke and expose them. 12 It is shameful even to talk about the things that ungodly people do in secret. 13 But when the light shines on them, it becomes clear how evil these things are. 14 And where your light shines, it will expose their evil deeds.

Nothing in there condems selling goods, or advertising.

IF you really think it's Bibliomancy, then I think you should be wary of the crowd you hang with. This is a warning against hanging out with bad people who want to do things against God. You know, like Fish-Bulb and Willy (just kidding)

All car salesmen are evil, get a new job.

My dad built and opened a liquor/beer store in our small town and it gave him nothing but trouble. He felt it was wrong to live that way, even though it was a side job, and sold it and our family problems and his troubles dissappeared. He always said that place was bad news so he finally dropped it.

"You must do what you feel is right, of course."

--Ben Kenobi

All car salesmen are evil, get a new job.

My dad built and opened a liquor/beer store in our small town and it gave him nothing but trouble. He felt it was wrong to live that way, even though it was a side job, and sold it and our family problems and his troubles dissappeared. He always said that place was bad news so he finally dropped it.

We're not all evil. I really like my job. I make a ****load of money. I get to make my own schedule. I do feel bad about taking advantage of people from time to time. I tried to rationalize it by saying it was the customer's fault, because they could have said no to the $600 a month payment for the 2007 Chevy Aveo and didn't so it's on them. Now when I see that section of scripture, it makes me second think it.

One day I opened a magazine, a totally different magazine, a piece of mail, and they all mentioned iPods.

Then, I saw a bus with a giant iPod ad on the side, WHILE I was reading an iPod ad in the magazine in my hands.

I think God wants me to buy an iPod.

We're not all evil. I really like my job. I make a ****load of money. I get to make my own schedule. I do feel bad about taking advantage of people from time to time. I tried to rationalize it by saying it was the customer's fault, because they could have said no to the $600 a month payment for the 2007 Chevy Aveo and didn't so it's on them. Now when I see that section of scripture, it makes me second think it.
It's like being a teenager, you don't lie but you leave out pertinent information to better yourself. Like when you were out partying and the parents asked what you did, you tell them the truth, you just leave out the incriminating evidence. If you can sell an aveo, then you have the God given gift of persuasion. A $600/month is better than a $200/month payment seeing as the person saves more money the quicker they pay it off.

One day I opened a magazine, a totally different magazine, a piece of mail, and they all mentioned iPods.

Then, I saw a bus with a giant iPod ad on the side, WHILE I was reading an iPod ad in the magazine in my hands.

I think God wants me to buy an iPod.
Leave it to an atheist to be sarcastic when someone is at a cross road in their life:o

Leave it to an atheist to be sarcastic when someone is at a cross road in their life:o
He's not Atheist, he's agnostic.

And I still say that Bibliomancy is rather wooly to be basing such a huge decision on.

And I still say that Bibliomancy is rather wooly to be basing such a huge decision on.
Cough cough sorry cough cough. If his new job doesn't work out, he always will have a good resume to go back to selling cars with:o

It's like being a teenager, you don't lie but you leave out pertinent information to better yourself. Like when you were out partying and the parents asked what you did, you tell them the truth, you just leave out the incriminating evidence. If you can sell an aveo, then you have the God given gift of persuasion. A $600/month is better than a $200/month payment seeing as the person saves more money the quicker they pay it off.

Well it would be if it were a 36 month term, I put them in for 72.

Well it would be if it were a 36 month term, I put them in for 72.
:csad:
My dad bought my truck and also bought an extended warranty, well the guy didn't put it on there and quit before my truck broke down and it wasn't covered come to find out. Sorry but I hate car salesmen...

1. I am not an Atheist. :dry: I think Atheism is foolish. :dry:
When will people get this? :huh:

2. This same apparent "higher meaning" being randomly found repeatedly has happened to me with all sorts of books. Always landing on a part of the Bible that warns you not to sin is,...uh...there's a VERY good chance that's going to happen. :o:o

I'm not usually superstitious about stuff like this, but the frequency and randomness of it popping up is really making me think.

2. This same apparent "higher meaning" being randomly found repeatedly has happened to me with all sorts of books. Always landing a part of the Bible that warns you not to sin is,...uh...there's a VERY good chance that's going to happen. :o
When I always look at the clock, it is 3:11 but I don't go out and buy a white hood and head out to "cleanse" my community:o There is a big difference between the Bible and advertising. Jesus =/= Apple:cwink: The Devil = Apple because of Adam and Eve:wow:

I'm not usually superstitious about stuff like this, but the frequency and randomness of it popping up is really making me think.
In that case Quit, but going on that, I agree with Willy: Buy an Ipod, smoke, drink coke, and listen to music by complete tools.

Opening a book to the same page is an old PI trick. Did you use to read that passage or a passage on the same or opposite page a lot?

:csad:
My dad bought my truck and also bought an extended warranty, well the guy didn't put it on there and quit before my truck broke down and it wasn't covered come to find out. Sorry but I hate car salesmen...

I apologize for the circumstance. Did you get it used? I sell new chevrolets. We have an open sales floor where we can sell new or used. I prefer the new side. They come with a standard warranty that's 5 years/100,000 miles. Sorry, when I start talking car talk, I can't help going into my presentation sometimes. We always put an extended warranty on a deal, because we get paid for stuff the we add to the financing side of the deal, not just what's on the vehicle as well.

2. This same apparent "higher meaning" being randomly found repeatedly has happened to me with all sorts of books. Always landing on a part of the Bible that warns you not to sin is,...uh...there's a VERY good chance that's going to happen. :o:o

...Seriously. You don't need a sex slave? :heart:

When I always look at the clock, it is 3:11 but I don't go out and buy a white hood and head out to "cleanse" my community:o There is a big difference between the Bible and advertising. Jesus =/= Apple:cwink: The Devil = Apple because of Adam and Eve:wow:
Actually the generally accepted interpreation is that the Apple represented knowledge. The snake is interpreted as the devil.

In that case Quit, but going on that, I agree with Willy: Buy an Ipod, smoke, drink coke, and listen to music by complete tools.

Opening a book to the same page is an old PI trick. Did you use to read that passage or a passage on the same or opposite page a lot?
If you open a book like your saying repeatedly to a certain spot, it tends to open to that page. When I read books and say I forget to mark my spot, where you had it open will usually be easy to find. But if it's more of a personal conviction, follow your gut.

Actually the generally accepted interpreation is that the Apple represented knowledge. The snake is interpreted as the devil.
Knowledge is evil:o :csad: Just think about if we lived in a naive world like M. Night Shaymalans "The Village":woot: Moviefan would be the 'special' cousin that kills people and Mee would be the cute blind chick:o The MODS and ADMINS would be the council that scares n00bs with monster costumes.

Knowledge is evil:o :csad: Just think about if we lived in a naive world like M. Night Shaymalans "The Village":woot: Moviefan would be the 'special' cousin that kills people and Mee would be the cute blind chick:o The MODS and ADMINS would be the council that scares n00bs with monster costumes.
No good for me. The dude dies before getting to nail the cute blind chick.

...Seriously. You don't need a sex slave? :heart:
I only like the kind I can touch, taste and smell.
uts.gif

I sell cars for living. While what we do selling cars is completely legal in the eyes of the law, it's not entirely honest. For some reason for the past several weeks, everytime I open a Bible, it always opens to the same chapter and section of scripture.

This is the section that is always where I open the Bible too. I know some of you guys don't believe in God or the Bible, but I do so tell me if this is the interpretation you're getting.

Ephesians 5:6-14
6 Don't be fooled by those who try to excuse these sins, for the terrible anger of God comes upon all those who disobey him. 7 Don't participate in the things these people do. 8 For though your hearts were once full of darkness, now you are full of light from the Lord, and your behavior should show it! 9 For this light within you produces only what is good and right and true.
10 Try to find out what is pleasing to the Lord. 11 Take no part in the worthless deeds of evil and darkness; instead, rebuke and expose them. 12 It is shameful even to talk about the things that ungodly people do in secret. 13 But when the light shines on them, it becomes clear how evil these things are. 14 And where your light shines, it will expose their evil deeds.

You say that you sometimes feel that you are taking advantages of people, but it seems that it is possible to do your job in an honest way. You could always tell people what they are getting and try to get them the best deal, the lowest payments, etc. Selling cars doesn't have to be a dishonest profession. You can chose to be an honest salesman.

Plus, if you really feel that God is asking you to find a new job, you shouldn't be on a message board asking others to interpret your inclinations; you should be asking Him. You will know. Sometimes God speaks to us so clearly that when we finally chose to hear Him, we amazed that we didn't realize it before.

Willy, what is with the upside down tigers?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"