Social Media Reactions + Reviews

Losing RDJ and Evans at the same time, then Chadwick unexpectedly a year later, makes it harder to enjoy the MCU.

I was gonna post the same thing.

I actually think do Holland's Spiderman would be the next face of the MCU, but he's still under Sony's ownership , so they can't utilize him as much as they would want to.

Basically, the next real big game changers in terms of MCU characters are The X Men and The Fantastic Four library of characters, but their still a couple years off, basically.

I guess we'll have to wait and see what SDCC holds in terms of announcements about progress in those films.

Honestly, this may be Disney's call. Disney's got arguably the hottest streaming app next to Netflix going and they need to keep original content rolling. So it might be the Disney overlords telling Feige "get us as many MCU shows as possible." Because I think if they had it their way there would ALWAYS be a new Marvel or Star Wars series in rotation. How long will it be before people get tired of either of those properties?

I'm already there with both SW and MCU disney + shows.

Only SW show im looking forward to is Ashoka.

Last edited:
I'm already there with both SW and MCU disney + shows.

Only SW show im looking forward too is Asoka.

I'm very curious if people will be hyped for a new theatrical Star Wars movie. I'm not, I'm getting everything I want on D+. It would have to be sth like an adaptation of Knights of the Old Republic.

On the other hand, we live in a crazy timeline where a character like Echo gets her own show. That's not sth I thought would ever happen.
But I agree that Agatha is a show nobody asked for.

Its funny. I remember how a lot of users here demanding seriously a Wu/Darcy series like X-Files and Isiah Bradley flashback series.

Funny how quickly time changes. :funny:

I guess we'll have to wait and see what SDCC holds in terms of announcements about progress in those films.

I think we've become pretty greedy in terms of wanting to know what's ahead though. The last two big events were the Disney Investors Day (December 11, 2020) where they announced Ant-Man 3, Captain Marvel 2, Fantastic Four, Secret Invasion, Ironheart, Armor Wars and the Guardians Holiday Special and the Disney+ day (November 12, 2021). where they announced Echo, Agatha and a bunch of animated projects. None of these movies/shows have been released yet and we already want to know what comes next.

Disney+ is killing the MCU because it’s just about content. It’s like the 90S boom with too many X titles that it just makes it harder as a fan to keep up.

The D+ shows are in my opinion useful in that they introduce new characters that can then be brought over to the movies. We're already seeing that with Monica Rambeau and Kamala Khan (and this will undoubtedly also happen with the various Young Avengers). The alternative would be to make some of these shows into movies instead and I don't think that would be a viable option with lesser-known characters (and we're now talking about characters that noone except hardcore comic book readers are familiar with)..

Disney+ is killing the MCU because it’s just about content. It’s like the 90S boom with too many X titles that it just makes it harder as a fan to keep up.

I don't know if I'd go as far as the word killing...but I can't disagree because it's an apt pick. At the very least, there's no breathing room. And from a business perspective, I get why Disney wouldn't want that. We're in the streaming age. We get a Star Wars show one week, the MCU show another, because it keeps that conversation going and, as a result, retains subscribers.

But from a story perspective, it gives you very little time to miss the content. There's no time to think about the next MCU related project because it's right around the corner. You can't think about how much fun you think Love and Thunder will be because you've had Ms. Marvel for the past few weeks, Moon Knight before that, and then Multiverse of Madness before that. bad place, I might have missed something in between those three.

I don't know if I'd go as far as the word killing...but I can't disagree because it's an apt pick. At the very least, there's no breathing room. And from a business perspective, I get why Disney wouldn't want that. We're in the streaming age. We get a Star Wars show one week, the MCU show another, because it keeps that conversation going and, as a result, retains subscribers.

But from a story perspective, it gives you very little time to miss the content. There's no time to think about the next MCU related project because it's right around the corner. You can't think about how much fun you think Love and Thunder will be because you've had Ms. Marvel for the past few weeks, Moon Knight before that, and then Multiverse of Madness before that. bad place, I might have missed something in between those three.
I think part of what made the MCU feel special in the first phases (at least to me) was that each film felt like an event because it was one of only 2-3 times you'd get new content. There was time to savor and discuss the projects. Now it feels like you've got maybe 2-3 weeks to enjoy something before the next project is ready to roll out and people have to move on.

I think we've become pretty greedy in terms of wanting to know what's ahead though. The last two big events were the Disney Investors Day (December 11, 2020) where they announced Ant-Man 3, Captain Marvel 2, Fantastic Four, Secret Invasion, Ironheart, Armor Wars and the Guardians Holiday Special and the Disney+ day (November 12, 2021). where they announced Echo, Agatha and a bunch of animated projects. None of these movies/shows have been released yet and we already want to know what comes next.

I can't speak for the greed of fans, but the reality is, X Men and F4 are two of the most anticipated new project among fans and the geek media.

Fair or not, alot of people aren't jumping for joy for Antman 3, CM 2, and several of the Disney plus shows.

Of the projects you mentioned, the only one that I'm personally interested in is F4 ,and maybe SI.

I don't watch everying, and anything Marvel just because its Marvel .
I'm selective about what I watch from Marvel, as I am from DC.
A product being Marvel doesn't automatically mean I'll be interested in it or watch it.

So for me , it's not about greed. It's about interest.

I can't speak for the rest of fandom in that respect.

I think part of what made the MCU feel special in the first phases (at least to me) was that each film felt like an event because it was one of only 2-3 times you'd get new content. There was time to savor and discuss the projects. Now it feels like you've got maybe 2-3 weeks to enjoy something before the next project is ready to roll out and people have to move on.
If it’s Christmas every day, then there’s no point in waking up early for it.

If it’s Christmas every day, then there’s no point in waking up early for it.
Bingo. I like to view it as getting a nice steak/lobster/meal of your choice so often that it ceases to be as enjoyable.

Last edited:
Too much of a good thing is not good for you. I like to treat myself to a hot chocolate lava cake every now and then...If i had that cake every week I'd be sick of it eventually.

It just feels like Marvel is throwing a lot of things at the wall right now and seeing what sticks. The obvious sequels for characters like Strange, Thor, Spidey. The Widow solo film to set up Yelena, etc and then Shang-Chi and Eternals, but I'm not sure anyone is really clamoring or excited for more of them.

I haven't had a desire to rewatch much of anything from Phase 4 either, which is rare for me. I thoroughly enjoyed Thor, like Widow more than most around here seemed to and I did like Shang-Chi a ton up until Trevor showed up but yeah, haven't been crazy about this new phase. Maybe it is just too much content.

@Frodo

Out of curiosity, which MCU movies/shows have you completely skipped?

Eternals, Thor 2,Thor Love And Thunder, Black Widow, Hawkeye, Wandavision, Daredevil, Punisher, Defenders.

Started Ms Marvel but got bored with it and haven't been back.
Started Loki, got bored , then just skipped to the last Episode.

I'll see Thor Love And Thunder eventually.

Last edited:
Though it’s still 3 films this year and next. It was 4 films last year because BW was moved from 2020. The number of theatrical releases are the same since 2017 (ex-2020). The add ons are the TV shows, which MCU took over from other Marvel/ABC productions. I suspect if all non MCU Marvel contents are counted, the number of hours could be even less than before. If enough people complain about not getting the movies are about at all without seeing the TV shows, then it is Feige’s fault and his own as he has said this wouldn’t happen.

The movies are in general less liked by critics and general audience but personally I like them more so far than phase 1 and 2. I feel part of it is also people now also get more critical of what MCU produces than before, when it got some lucky passes. Some past fresh movies released now would be grilled till it’s burned. Which is actually a good thing.

I am glad that the TV shows are all in one place, whatever they choose to make, as I have the option to see now, later or never as I am a sub. There is still a pretty large audience for them and really like them. I know for sure once they slash the TV content, there won’t be much incentive for me to keep it. D+ offering is still quite weak.

Bottomline is, if everyone starts shunning the movies, at a certain point it will change course. The score that matter most still has the $ sign on it, not noises.A bad flop will accelerate that, and Feige will be removed shortly after or even before that happens, that’s pretty much for sure.

Marvel is in for a rude awakening with CM2. The first was sandwich with 2 of there top 3 all time triumphs in IF and Endgame and Antman has been Avg at best they lucky they got Paul Rudd to help those movies.

My barometer for a good TV show is if I binge it once all episodes are available im yet to do thst with any D+ show

My problem is ever since the fox merger I've been looking forward to that jumping off and the longer it doesn't materialize i lose interest with every new project announced that is not mutants or F4 related

Though it’s still 3 films this year and next. It was 4 films last year because BW was moved from 2020. The number of theatrical releases are the same since 2017 (ex-2020). The add ons are the TV shows, which MCU took over from other Marvel/ABC productions. I suspect if all non MCU Marvel contents are counted, the number of hours could be even less than before. If enough people complain about not getting the movies are about at all without seeing the TV shows, then it is Feige’s fault and his own as he has said this wouldn’t happen.

The movies are in general less liked by critics and general audience but personally I like them more so far than phase 1 and 2. I feel part of it is also people now also get more critical of what MCU produces than before, when it got some lucky passes. Some past fresh movies released now would be grilled till it’s burned. Which is actually a good thing.

I am glad that the TV shows are all in one place, whatever they choose to make, as I have the option to see now, later or never as I am a sub. There is still a pretty large audience for them and really like them. I know for sure once they slash the TV content, there won’t be much incentive for me to keep it. D+ offering is still quite weak.

Bottomline is, if everyone starts shunning the movies, at a certain point it will change course. The score that matter most still has the $ sign on it, not noises.A bad flop will accelerate that, and Feige will be removed shortly after or even before that happens, that’s pretty much for sure.

Actually, it's 4 films next year. The November one hasn't been announced yet but it's probably going to be Blade. And Marvel has announced 4 dates for 2024 that still doesn't include the fourth Tom Holland Spider-Man.

Last edited:
Decent article that gives detailed examples of what critics and viewers have issues with in L&T.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"