Social Media Reactions + Reviews

Marvel is in for a rude awakening with CM2. The first was sandwich with 2 of there top 3 all time triumphs in IF and Endgame and Antman has been Avg at best they lucky they got Paul Rudd to help those movies.

My barometer for a good TV show is if I binge it once all episodes are available im yet to do thst with any D+ show

My problem is ever since the fox merger I've been looking forward to that jumping off and the longer it doesn't materialize i lose interest with every new project announced that is not mutants or F4 related

I'm not so sure. Even the Ant-Man films over-performed. People thought the Ant-Man film was going to bomb.

I'm not so sure. Even the Ant-Man films over-performed. People thought the Ant-Man film was going to bomb.

it's why i said they were fortunate to land Rudd to be in those movies
i skipped those in theaters myself

Its been awhile a superhero film got such mixed reviews.

I think Marvel films may become comfort food for alot of the GA as long as the films are at the very least "passable" to " Solid" .

Basically , people know what they get from these films, and for alot of audiences who grew literally up with these films, the fact that the next films may be just "okay", "decent", or " fine" , will be good enough as far as their concerned.

The films may still face mixed critical results, but as long as these films aren't out and out horrid or bad, I don't really see things getting so grave, that there needs to be an overhaul or reorganization.

They may not be as good as alot of fans and critics would expect, but basically, I think it's gonna have to take alot more then just " Meh", and " It's Alright" reactions ,for things to change a great deal.
That's assuming the films are still making good bank despite putting out critically mixed films.

Last edited:
They may not be as good as alot of fans and critics would expect, but basically, I think it's gonna have to take alot more then just " Meh", and " It's Alright" reactions ,for things to change a great deal.
That's assuming the films are still making good bank despite putting out critically mixed films.
The thing is there are a lot of those reactions in most Phase 4 films and TV projects. If they keep on getting similar reception all the time, it's going to affect box office and viewing numbers at some point. The majority of people won't be satisfied with "just ok" after a while. Of course it's too soon to say, I just go along with the hypothesis.

The thing is there are a lot of those reactions in most Phase 4 films and TV projects. If they keep on getting similar reception all the time, it's going to affect box office and viewing numbers at some point. The majority of people won't be satisfied with "just ok" after a while. Of course it's too soon to say, I just go along with the hypothesis.

I dunno in terms of the films , which is what I'm referring to , to be clear.

I think alot of fans like us won't tolerate it , but when you're talking about the average film goer who just wants a good time or distraction at the movies over the weekend , and who doesn't analyze and over analyze these films the way fandom does, alot of times, an okay and fine film is good enough for them.

Doesn't mean they'll be dancing in the streets after seeing it, but they won't discuss it or care about it as much as fandom and geek commentators do.

Marvel is gonna have to turn out Morbuis like films for even the GA to turn on them, I think.

Certainly the response we're seeing right now isn't enough to shake Marvel or the brand with the GA at this point.

I've been seeing people I know absolutely SHRED Love and Thunder on Facebook and Twitter much worse than they did MoM.

I've been seeing people I know absolutely SHRED Love and Thunder on Facebook and Twitter much worse than they did MoM.

I guess the question I would have is how much of the online chatter is reflective of the majority ,( meaning the GA,) of those who watched it.

The cinemascore wasn't an A , but I personally haven't talked to people( who aren't in the fan sphere and who saw the film) , about whether or not they really disliked it.

I'd be interested to see if alot of the disappointment expressed by fans and geek pundits is reflected in people outside that group who saw the film.

I guess the question I would have is how much of the online chatter is reflective of the majority ,( meaning the GA,) of those who watched it.

The cinemascore wasn't an A , but I personally haven't talked to people( who aren't in the fan sphere and who saw the film) , about whether or not they really disliked it.

I'd be interested to see if alot of the disappointment expressed by fans and geek pundits is reflected in people outside that group who saw the film.

I haven't seen any detailed gripes other than it "pushing an agenda" (LGBTQ stuff), "having a weak script", and not making sense.

I dunno in terms of the films , which is what I'm referring to , to be clear.

I think alot of fans like us won't tolerate it , but when you're talking about the average film goer who just wants a good time or distraction at the movies over the weekend , and who doesn't analyze and over analyze these films the way fandom does, alot of times, an okay and fine film is good enough for them.

Doesn't mean they'll be dancing in the streets after seeing it, but they won't discuss it or care about it as much as fandom and geek commentators do.

Marvel is gonna have to turn out Morbuis like films for even the GA to turn on them, I think.

Certainly the response we're seeing right now isn't enough to shake Marvel or the brand with the GA at this point.
This also depends on the competition. For a time, MCU's success had other studios trying to emulate the formula with almost none of them succeeding, so that leaves the MCU films as the defacto good time entertainment vehicles in terms of a theatrical experience. But now post-pandemic, inflation, and these insane gas prices, audiences might be more selective, especially if there might be more TG:M stuff that feels refreshing compared to just the same superhero stuff every 3-4 months.

This is an interesting discussion.

I’ve basically told all my friends who haven’t seen it to not bother and wait til streaming. I’ve never said that of any other MCU film.

From the response so far (on the internet at large, not just this forum), I thought it was rotten for sure like Möbius or Eternals (they didn’t have mixed reviews, they had bad reviews) but how come it can still be fresh (of mixed reviews) is beyond me. Mixed reviews mean there are a decent number of critics/viewers who like it, whereas bad reviews have the majority not liking it.

It’s a coin flip. A review can be 3/5 and technically fresh but hardly glowing.

Yet whatever the score, I thought the critic still had to consciously clarify whether his/her rating is favorable (fresh) or not. Unless all those middle score critics actually do a coin toss for that. Of course in that case it is surely not glowing, maybe holding his nose saying a faint yes (even obviously he can easily say no too). Still I don’t see mixed in this case as bad or a “lucky mixed”, especially the margin, says between Eternals and Thor 4 is 20 percentage points, which is way beyond any random influence.

Last edited:
Why do people just forget about Shang Chi?

Because it commits the "sin" of being largely its own thing about its own stuff, probably. I mean, think about it: how much attention was paid to Eternals and MoM based on a hope that they would introduce mutants?

I’ve basically told all my friends who haven’t seen it to not bother and wait til streaming. I’ve never said that of any other MCU film.

Same, I found this so disappointing especially after thinking about it more. I haven't recommended for anyone I know to see it.

Love And Thunder now has the same RT score as The Dark World:

FYrmLzhXEAAcJWM

FYrmTK-WQAQLMtZ

In terms of Average Rating:

Thor: Love and Thunder - 6.50
Thor: The Dark World - 6.20

So that shows that TLT was overall better received. As far as I’m concerned they’re worlds apart, TLT is way way better.

Can't disagree there, L&T is enormously better than Dark World. I honestly am not sure why people seem to hate it so much.

I know a lot of it is valid criticism

But I feel like part of it, a small part, is this growing narrative about Marvel being on a down swing
Eternals kinda started it, Dr Strange fed into it, and now I feel like any Marvel movie will have a tougher time hitting the 90% mark on RT than they used to. We know reviewers love to get swept up in the cultural zeitgeist, it worked to Marvel's favor for the past decade, but it may now be turning against them

Cuz yeah, the idea that this movie was of a similar quality to The Dark World is totally ridiculous, imo

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"