• Secure your account

A friendly reminder to our users, please make sure your account is safe. Make sure you update your password and have an active email address to recover or change your password.

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Solar radiation as a catalyst, you decide ?

Finally, a fellow comic science geek !

May have many children, and spread youre geekyness through out the world !

....thanks.

Anyway, the main reason I'm pro thought being put into science fiction and fantasy is, as I said, that it shows a dedication to the craft. Doing research on quantum physics and Hindu mysticism takes a might bit more effort that just making some techno babble. That being said, I hardly see it necessary at all. If you just want random techno babble because the story you're trying to tell is more important than the science of it, that's fine. I respect that. I just know if I were writing something, I wouldn't feel comfortable if I didn't do a lot of research. Also, I find the research kind of fun. But I don't expect others to do it.

I don't think any of that was necessary.

At no point have i.

"in and philosopher and show your big philosophical dick off and *********e your high-and-mightiness all over those of us who just read comics for a good time"

In fact philosophy was only brought up because of my incorporation with the meta physical ideas i had for magic, and the green Lanterns.
I've acknowledge your perspective on various occasions, yet you have constantly thrown aggression my way.
In fact the only person I've been particularly patronising to, is Anubis, who threw te threw the first punch any way.

I don't know why you're being so hostile ?, i didn't make you reply to this thread ! If it offends you so much just don't bother replying.

If anything im a bit curious as to why you have become so hot under the collar ? You can't have possibly taken the positivist comment too personally ?, that would just be absurd. I wonder if you are maybe a little intimidated, but i can't for the life of me understand why.
Sorry for the hostility, but "you haven't been arguing at all" had a HUGE subtext of "you anti-intellectuals with your stupid malfunctioning brains don't have the logical capacity with which to argue." Your entire tone for a lot of this thread has been very condescending and aggressive.

I don't know why you're being so hostile ?

You called everybody who didn't agree with you a ****.

I mean, I'd think that would be part of it.

EDIT: Huh, that post got deleted. Well, that'll happen.

Remind me to thank Ferret for a lovely weekend.

You called everybody who didn't agree with you a ****.

I mean, I'd think that would be part of it.

EDIT: Huh, that post got deleted. Well, that'll happen.

What was that Mr Kettle ....

You should put that in your sig, so that next time I'm tempted to argue with you I'll remember that there is simply no way either of us will ever agree about anything.

I'll probably still argue with you but at least I'll know from the get-go how utterly futile an endeavor it will be.

Dude, I am skim-reading like a mother****er.

Fool, stop childin'.

You heard me.

Somebody throw this boy some act-right, that's what he need.

But all they really emphasize is the absurdity of your exaggerations.

Don't move! It can't see you if you don't move!

As far as I can tell this already happened.

Maybe next time you should get reincarnated as someone who's better at it?

And Im bored already ....

Without sin, cast the first stone ?

Has someone made the argument "It's a frigging comic book?" Sure in real life solar radiation wouldn't be enough to power a person to fly, and gamma radiation gives you cancer rather than turning you into a green monster, a radioactive spider bite would make you very sick, and being hit by lighting that went through chemicals would leave you in a burn ward, assuming you survived.

Has someone made the argument "It's a frigging comic book?" Sure in real life solar radiation wouldn't be enough to power a person to fly, and gamma radiation gives you cancer rather than turning you into a green monster, a radioactive spider bite would make you very sick, and being hit by lighting that went through chemicals would leave you in a burn ward, assuming you survived.
Honestly, that argument is a waste of time in this thread.

Do you really think your argument is really going to change the way i think, when your point has already been made about million times already ? At least make an attempt to justify this position, rather than asserting it like a dogmatic fanatic. As I have mentioned previously science has been integrated into comics on numerous occasions, why not integrate more ? Aristotle is the only person whom has attempted to answer this question. Everyone else has just mocked my alternative opinion.

Do you really think your argument is really going to change the way i think, when your point has already been made about million times already ? At least make an attempt to justify this position, rather than asserting it like a dogmatic fanatic. As I have mentioned previously science has been integrated into comics on numerous occasions, why not integrate more ? Aristotle is the only person whom has attempted to answer this question. Everyone else has just mocked my alternative opinion.

There's no point in trying to justify comic science. It's not realistic. You can try and make the physics more in line with real science, or you can try to give it some sort of internal consistency. But no matter what you do, there will always be inconsistencies that shouldn't work... Like being from another planet who looks identical to human and can apparently interbreed with humans. Another good question would be why would a people. have an ability that only works under a yellow sun, when their sun is red? Why does red sun energy cause a kryptonian to lose power even when there's plenty of yellow sun energy around? Any explanation to these issues ends up having problems of it's own.

The problem here is that the negative answer that trying to make the science realistic isn't possible or worth doing is a valid opinion, and the impression I've been getting is instead of accepting that as a valid opinion and agreeing to disagree, you get defensive and slam the poster, who returns with equal hostility leading to that never ending cycle we not so lovingly refer to as a flame war. Now pardon me while I grab a stick and some marshmallows.

There's no point in trying to justify comic science. It's not realistic. You can try and make the physics more in line with real science, or you can try to give it some sort of internal consistency. But no matter what you do, there will always be inconsistencies that shouldn't work... Like being from another planet who looks identical to human and can apparently interbreed with humans. Another good question would be why would a people. have an ability that only works under a yellow sun, when their sun is red? Why does red sun energy cause a kryptonian to lose power even when there's plenty of yellow sun energy around? Any explanation to these issues ends up having problems of it's own.

The problem here is that the negative answer that trying to make the science realistic isn't possible or worth doing is a valid opinion, and the impression I've been getting is instead of accepting that as a valid opinion and agreeing to disagree, you get defensive and slam the poster, who returns with equal hostility leading to that never ending cycle we not so lovingly refer to as a flame war. Now pardon me while I grab a stick and some marshmallows.

Fair enough !

I can see im not going to convince anyone else,so ill just carry on pretending that the yellow Sunlight acts as a catalyst for internal organelles that collect "virtual radiation" from the limitless sea of energy from the vacuum. I'll just keep on pretending that, the red radiation creates and inhibitor that prevents these organelles from requiring the necessary solar-activation energy.

I'll also keep pretending that speed force is a hyper Dimesion that allows the Flashes to travel quciker through time, rather than actually speeding up their mass.

I'll also continue to imagine that Ray Palmer is shifting his mass into a higher Dimension, rather than using the secrets of a neutron star, that he found on the ground somwhere.

I'll also continue to imagine that green energy used by the Lanterns, is infact a plasma controlled by a series of magnetic fields.

P.S. where did you get your name from ?

Is it anything to do with this ?http://www.kitsune.fr/

What was that Mr Kettle ....

And Im bored already ....

Without sin, cast the first stone ?

Um, the first two of those weren't even insults, the third and fourth were me quite sensibly suggesting that you tone down the attitude and generalized irrationality before absolutely everybody loses patience with you, the fifth was a randomly silly Jurassic Park quote cause I was trying to make this thread about Jurassic Park quotes and the sixth was after you called everyone in the thread a ****. Seriously kid there is a whole lot of yourself that you need to do some getting over on.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"