• Secure your account

A friendly reminder to our users, please make sure your account is safe. Make sure you update your password and have an active email address to recover or change your password.

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

The Dark Knight someone who hasn't been mentionned much

zman

Civilian
Reaction score
Souldn't Selina Kyle show up at some pooint in the movie? if only for a brief apperance that would be developped in the third act? its just that I didn't hear anything, script or casting wise...how about you guys?:huh:

I would love for Mr. Thau to create her from scratch on one of his super computers.

Wurd on tha streetz: she is mentioned at the end of the movie.

Originally posted by Miranda:

Selina Kyle is mentioned at the end of the script (which I believe was brought up by a poster here some time last summer...that person is owed quite a few apologies ;) ) but there's a but: the WB is somewhat reluctant to bring Catwoman into the Nolan franchise. Since the Nolans took the trouble to have her mentioned they obviously aren't so - hopefully! - they can talk the WB round there.

Onto other villians - no other cameos but TDK sets up a villian arc for the next film. I think we can all guess who that is!

http://forums.superherohype.com/showthread.php?t=272640

Wurd on tha streetz: she is mentioned at the end of the movie.

Yeah, it is true. I have an exclusive casting side:

INT. WAYNE MANOR

(BRUCE and ALFRED are in the grand living room of Wayne Manor)

ALFRED: Watching a good movie, Master Bruce?

BRUCE: No. I'm watching this steaming turd called "Catwoman".

ALFRED: Oh dear...

BRUCE: You know, it's not even Selina Kyle in the film. It's some crap about cat Gods and resurrection and...GAH!

Jorel is that you? :o

Ooops...I used the wrong screen name :ninja:

2527959515.jpg

^ I totally want her as Selina Kyle because......well I want to to see her in skin tight vynil with a whip :woot:

you and me both! I wich WB would see beyond their past mistakes and respect the mythology for wath it is: Selina Kyle should be seen, pre-catwoman, at a party or something.

What I want is for a fully realized world to be created with this trilogy. In other words I wouldn't mind seeing certain characters around just to know that they're alive in this Gotham. Seeing Oswald Cobblepott as a crooked lounge owner who plays the background would be nice and better than seeing The Penguin hogging up screen time. I'd like Catwoman but if they could just have Selina that'd be sweet too have her in the third film as Harvey's date to a gala or something of that sort.

0000023628_20060921180719.jpg

true but that's the thing: Dent will be Two face in the third act, and I doubt (and pray to God) he won't be dating anyone by then...so if Selina is to date harvey (I'm not sure how I feel about that yet), it has to be in TDK.

true but that's the thing: Dent will be Two face in the third act, and I doubt (and pray to God) he won't be dating anyone by then...so if Selina is to date harvey (I'm not sure how I feel about that yet), it has to be in TDK.

Harvey Dent has Gilda, though...:cwink:

^ I wonder if she'd even be in this film. That's a great part of the tragedy that even when he becomes a monster she never stops loving him that'd be great drama.

I forgot that Harvey will get scarred in TDK. But there's plenty of ways to write Selina in for a small cameo even as a date for Bruce Wayne.

You know,personally speaking, i don't want to much to soon. Over crowding a film like this can ruin what could be a great movie.

Spider-man 3 is a very good example of this.

fair enough. Mind you, I don't think there was too many characters in Spiderman 3, their time screen was just not very well balanced out. Well, maybe there was one major vilain too many. I think well placed cameos (Penguin, Selina) wouldn't be a problem.

fair enough. Mind you, I don't think there was too many characters in Spiderman 3, their time screen was just not very well balanced out. Well, maybe there was one major vilain too many. I think well placed cameos (Penguin, Selina) wouldn't be a problem.

You see that was the problem with spidey 3..to many good characters like that deserve there own film. Cameos, not a problem.

I don't think it's a good idea. Much like Robocopcpu001 just said. But in my opinion, I don't like catwoman :(

I would love for Mr. Thau to create her from scratch on one of his super computers.
As long as he uses super computer stuff to make Joker the killer of Bruce's parents, it's all good.:cwink:

I forget who said it, but the best examination I've heard about SM3 is it had too many main villains. Y'know, it would've been one thing to have a Sandman cameo or something, but to have - really - one villain per act made it seem...uneven. As long as Nolan clearly defines The Joker as THE villain of TDK and Two-Face as THE villain of Batman 3, there shouldn't be a problem. Especially considering Selina has always walked the line between villain and ally to Batman.

Guys come on we are talking about Nolan who helmed BATMAN BEGINS here not Sam Raimi. thought Raimi still great director as well.

When I die a copy of Evil Dead II will be buried with me, that's my only request. But I don't think I'd ever put Raimi (circa 2007) and great in the same sentence.

I know this isn't a popular opinion, but I actually DON'T want Catwoman in this movie. I just feel like she's waaaaaaay too overused and isn't THAT great of a character either. I'd rather see someone like Talia get into the movie rather than Selina.

I love Selina and I want to see her in this franchise. If it is true that she will be making an appearance in the end than that is good news to my ears.

I know this isn't a popular opinion, but I actually DON'T want Catwoman in this movie. I just feel like she's waaaaaaay too overused and isn't THAT great of a character either. I'd rather see someone like Talia get into the movie rather than Selina.
Catwoman's not going to be in the movie, though.

The most that will happen is that she'll be mentioned, and appear in the third film. Which, I must admit, is really an appearance that really needs to be made.

I'm not a big fan of Catwoman as a character either, but with what she represents to Batman and the mythos and with all of the scenarios she can bring to a story, she really needs to appear at some point.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"