Sequels Sony Revives 'Venom' Solo Movie

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think it's very likely that either a) she's confused or b) Venom will be considered canon by Sony relative to their Homecoming movie, but not by Marvel relative to the wider MCU.

This is really confusing me! First Feige says it's not connected to the MCU, then Pascal says differently. Feige looked confused when she made her statement in the video. Second, this Spidey is too young in his career to have gotten the Venom symbiote. I mean, unless they say Brock got it first in this continuity! Not sure who to believe. Probably Kevin I guess!

Well, technically she never said it was connected to the MCU, she said it was connected to Spider-Man: Homecoming. Sony are probably going to try and have their cake and eat it.

Right. People are worrying about this way too much. If there's anything to worry about, it's that an Avi Arad-produced Venom movie is even being made in the first place.

If this movie were in any other hands I'd be pretty excited for it. An R-rated Venom movie with Tom Hardy as the lead? On paper, that's a movie I'd want to see.

So....it's technically part of the MCU but it's....not?

.......:dry:

We could technically get a symbiote bomb storyline now, which of course they won't do.

So does this placate the people who had an issue with a solo Venom film and wanted it to be a flop solely because it wasn't part of the MCU?

I mean, I'd assume not, but was wondering.

So does this placate the people who had an issue with a solo Venom film and wanted it to be a flop solely because it wasn't part of the MCU?

I mean, I'd assume not, but was wondering.

Nah, now they're just trying to find ways to justify the idea that Holland won't appear in any of those films -- even as a mere cameo.

If this movie were in any other hands I'd be pretty excited for it. An R-rated Venom movie with Tom Hardy as the lead? On paper, that's a movie I'd want to see.
Here's the thing. Completely separated from Spider-Man, I can sort of wrap my head around a Rated R Venom film. But if they actually do plan to include Holland's Spider-Man, I have to think they'll backpedal on that - especially if the plan is to pit these characters against each other at some point. I do not see any possible scenario where Spider-Man pops up in an R-rated film. Ever.

Here's the thing. Completely separated from Spider-Man, I can sort of wrap my head around a Rated R Venom film. But if they actually do plan to include Holland's Spider-Man, I have to think they'll backpedal on that - especially if the plan is to pit these characters against each other at some point. I do not see any possible scenario where Spider-Man pops up in an R-rated film. Ever.

We saw WB put Superman in an R rated film. Superman, for god's sake! If Sony believes that putting Spider-Man in an R rated Venom film will make them some coin, I think they will at least consider it.

Eh, it'd be weird putting the plucky, wide-eyed 15 year old that we've seen thus far into an R-rated movie. I don't see it happening at the moment. Id guess that Holland's Spider-man will be referenced, but Holland himself won't be appearing.

Eh, it'd be weird putting the plucky, wide-eyed 15 year old that we've seen thus far into an R-rated movie. I don't see it happening at the moment. Id guess that Holland's Spider-man will be referenced, but Holland himself won't be appearing.

Will they pull a Marvel Netflix series by using every description but the actual name of the characters?

"Hey where's the kid in the tights?"

And you know Holland would insist his character get to curse a blue streak. He already said ****, but he'll want him throwing around *****es and ****s like nobody's business, lol.

I would prefer if it wasn't part of the MCU. Sony should also cast a new Spidey. Would be fun to have two universes at the same time.

How about a black Spider-Man....

:o

We saw WB put Superman in an R rated film. Superman, for god's sake! If Sony believes that putting Spider-Man in an R rated Venom film will make them some coin, I think they will at least consider it.
And look how that worked out for WB. The name of the game is "fun and optimism" for the DCEU now.

I can't see Spidey involved in an R-rated, hyper-violent film. No way.

Unless Sony wants him to

Unless Sony wants him to

since this is first of spider-verse films without marvel studios involved i can totaly see them putting holland in it to help sell it.especilly to say to ga it's part of homecoming universe.

We all know you're super thrilled for Tom Holland's Spider-Man to show up in a hyper-violent and gory Venom movie, Harry.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"