SP3 dropped from VFX oscar contention

Sucks spiderman 3 isnt in it.

I hope 300 wins.

I'm sorry, WTF?

Bourne didn't have much special effects at all

I am Legend's special effects weren't the best part of the movie

evan almighty?

What about the birth of sandman? how can something with that scene be ignored?

yeah, great points. I saw bourne and was disappointed. Sandman was awesome. One of the best things about the movie were the effects. Oscars are a joke.

What the hell?

Evan Almighty? Bourne Ultimatum (great movie) ?

Don't get me wrong, Bourne Ultimatum was my second favorite movie of 07 (no country for old men # 1), but WHERE WAS THE ****ING VFX! (Besides the glass window in tangier)

Don't get me wrong, Bourne Ultimatum was my second favorite movie of 07 (no country for old men # 1), but WHERE WAS THE ****ING VFX! (Besides the glass window in tangier)

Exactly...i really coudnt believe when i first read the candidats...Evan Almighty???

I can kind of understand why SM3 would be dropped out of the running. The movie was an evolution of SM2's action scenes, i.e. something we've seen before.

Transformers, 300, I Am Legend, and the Golden Compass all make sense. But I don't see why the hell Evan Almighty and The Bourne Ultimatum (despite being a great movie) are still in that category. Or Pirates 3, for that matter, unless there was some huge leap in technology from Pirates 2.

How is that possible? SM-3 had amazing VFX and deserves to be the best.

Out of those it isn't the best but certainly should of beet out I am Legend

Bourne? That doesn't make any sense. That shot of Sandman rising was worthy of an Oscar. Pretty dumb, IMO.

That's ridiculous...:whatever:
spider-man 3 should have been one of the nominees...

since when are oscars fair? since when do they matter?

opinions of people.

That doesn't make any sense, but then again, the Oscars never did.

Sm3 should have been at least nominated, if only for the birth of Sandman, not to mention the symbiote and the aerial fights.

Ok, I can SEE why these movies have made it to the preliminaries, but a few of these shouldn't be among the top contenders,...Like Ultimatum and I Am Legend. I'm thinking that Transformers might pick this one up.

-TNC

Who cares, we all know Transformers is going to win that Oscar. I know I sound uncivil but I'm not going to bother fret other who else will be nominated.

Huh? Is there any VFIX in Bourne 3?

Yep, but it was mostly stuff you wouldn't even notice. But still, it sucks that SM3 wasn't considered even for the first seven (they're later reduced to 3).

Arent Visual effects the one's that dont involve any computer generated work? I thought visual effects were one's they did for real, in which case i can understand Bourne being there instead of Spiderman 3.

If i am wrong though, yeah it is pretty dumb.

I thought the ones without computers were considered special effects, and the one with computers visual effects. not sure.

I thought the ones without computers were considered special effects, and the one with computers visual effects. not sure.

I thought it was the other way around, not sure myself unfortunately.

Bourne was a great movie, but it was all real live action. Didn't see mvuh VFX. Evan Almighty? WTF! I think 300 should win regardless of whether Spidey made it or not, but thats rediculous.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"