Space Jam! (1996)

Dvhyzs

Sidekick
Reaction score
Mother****ers, I think it's time for me to do something I should have done a looooo0o0o0o0oong time ago...

... I'm going to discuss one of the most brilliant films within the last twenty years. A film so under-appreciated, so under-analyzed, and so often forgotten. I'm talking about none other than the film...

SPACE JAM.

qx5hky.jpg

That's right. Space Jam. Here's your chance, do your dance, at the Space Jam. Alright. Wave your hands in the air if you feel fine. We're going to take it into overtime... welcome to the Space Jam. Here's your chance, do your dance, at the Space Jam. Come on, come on, everybody say, "Naa naa. Naa naa." Come one, come on, everybody say, "Hey HEY hey HEY."

I am proud to say that the above picture is my desktop background on my brand new laptop, which runs Windows 7 better than Usain Bolt runs the Olympic races.

Anywho...

This film is utter brilliance. Michael Jordan gives the performance of his LIFETIME. He has to be the best athlete-actor since Steve Martin. Steve Martin was a cheerleader, *****es. Cheerleading is a sport. Google that ****.

Ever since I was a child watching this movie, I always had that one big question on my mind before popping in that VHS tape:

Would this movie be historically accurate?

Well, my fine gentleman, what better way to answer my highly effective question than to open right out of the gate showing a young Michael Jordan, efficiently showing his black Marty McFly talents by 100% telling us everything that Michael Jordan in fact HAS done in his life. I believe the opening scene goes something like this:

"Ayo pops, Imma go play baseball like you, wurd."

*airball*

"Imma be da best baseball playa, like, fa sho 'do."

*airball*

"And 'den... I'M GON' PLAY IN DA NBA!"

*swish*

We then go to, what else? Michael Jordan playing mother****ing baseball, JUST LIKE IN REAL LIFE!!! This movie could have easily strayed into a Hollywood version of Michael Jordan's life, but alas, no! In fact, MJ is playing on a team who's uniforms LITERALLY ARE IDENTICAL to whatever the **** team that MJ really DID play for!!! Google that ****!!!

Anyway, Michael is playing golf in all that, and then we get hit with what makes this movie so eye-opening cherry-poppingly good: BILL MURRAY IS IN THIS MOVIE.

2j5ymxk.jpg

Yeah, you hear that, Members of the Academy!?!?! BILL MURRAY WAS IN THIS MOVIE. Now why, in God's name, would they not give this man an Oscar for his performance? Let's look at what Bill had to go through.

A) He has to share the screen with MICHAEL JORDAN. Can you imagine trying to match that black guy's powerhouse performance? That's like asking Robert Pattinson to share the screen with Christian Bale. A stern overshadowing by the obviously superior actor is almost inevitable, but by God, Bill Murray pwned this movie. He took what he had, and ended up SPOILER ALERT: actually saving MJ and the Looney Toon's basketball team at the end of the movie. Sheer brilliance.

B) Well... I pretty much said it all in part A.

Anyway, Michael enters Looney Toon land by accidentally falling into some Golf Hole, the Looney Toon crackers get him to play basketball for them because the MonSTARZ took their powers from a bunch of black men (and Shawn Bradley for some ****ed up reason...),

8btka5e.jpg

and the Looney Toons just really want to kick their ass... with Michael Jordan (AND BILL MURRAY *****ES!!!).

So Newman from Seinfeld tries to get Michael back, says he's digging a divot as a cover-up (that sly bastard), somehow makes it to Looney Toon land to watch Michael tearin' up the courts like it was nobody's business, and somehow makes the team. Do you know why Newman makes this team? SPOILER: Because Bill Murray hasn't made it yet!!!! But don't worry!!!!

So we go back and forth between Earth and Looney Toon land, Danny DeVito is the leader of the MonSTARZ (he was probably the one who told them to steal Shawn Bradley's powers) but he doesn't do much except add some explosive star power to this already star-studded Oscar bait film.

So the Looney Toons play the MonSTARZ, and Michael Jordan, the guy who is ALREADY giving the performance of his lifetime for these cartoons, has to make EVERY POINT HIMSELF. What *******s! But don't worry, Bill Murray comes in and magically makes all the Looney Tunes play like THEY KNOW THEY CAN PLAY, and they end up winning, thanks to Bill ****ing Murray. MJ helped too, I guess.

If you haven't seen this film, then you don't know what REAL cinema is. I would definitely give this movie an 11...

... out of 10.

Think about it.

Watch this movie. You will not regret. Have a nice day.

spacejam.jpg

1fvigw.jpg

Last edited:
Of all the movies in the local Blockbuster that were provided for sale, Space Jam was about $3 more expensive than all the other movies, including films that had garnered a total of 7 academy awards. Blockbuster knows what it's doing.

some of my friends had the toon squad jerseys...... i was so jealous... :cmad:

:csad:

Favorite sports movie ever. Well, maybe tied with Varsity Blues...

possible one of the greatest movies...ever.

There was a song that had a bunch of stars at the time like busta rymes and coolio that I used to love. Also a couple other songs off the soundtrack were good.

I havent seen this in years but I remember it being good

WB should have done more movies like this that involved Football or Baseball.

loved the movie as a kid still do watch it when ever i see it on.

Some songs from the movie:

[YT]16FdJrrAWSo[/YT]

[YT]J9FImc2LOr8[/YT]

This movie also probably had the second best Bill Murray cameo ever! And the evil alien (voiced by Danny DeVito) thought it was Dan Aykroyd.

Some songs from the movie:

[YT]16FdJrrAWSo[/YT]

[YT]J9FImc2LOr8[/YT]

This movie also probably had the second best Bill Murray cameo ever! And the evil alien (voiced by Danny DeVito) thought it was Dan Aykroyd.

I love both of those songs so much. :grin:

Loved it! has Lola Bunny been seen since...?

She's on Encyclopedia Dramatica.

I loved this movie, it came out when I was in second grade. I had the bedsheets for this movie and pagamas. :awesome:

The song "I Believe I Can Fly" by R. Kelly is good, I'm still shocked this is the same guy that pees on girls.

My brother liked the movie more than I did. Then again he was 8 when it came out. It did give us a great remix years later...

[YT]fueXtRg_t4s[/YT]

:grin::awesome:
teu22.gif

I loved this movie as a kid. I thought the girl bunny was super seductive XD

There was a song that had a bunch of stars at the time like busta rymes and coolio that I used to love. Also a couple other songs off the soundtrack were good.

I havent seen this in years but I remember it being good
[YT]ewOzi5-AZXU[/YT]

[YT]ewOzi5-AZXU[/YT]

Oh wow. I remember how hot those guys were in rap. Now three of those guys haven't done a whole lot (Busta Rhymes, Coolio and B-Real/Cypress Hill), one is doing TV (LL Cool J in NCIS Los Angeles) and Method Man is probably somewhere getting high with Redman.

Was Lola Bunny in Looney Tunes Back in Action? That movie was so bad I don't remember if she was in it.

I had almost forgotten that Wayne "Hello Newman!" Knight was in this movie.

I approve highly of this thread :up:

Was this actually set in space? I can't even remember.

Even though I didn't agree with him on this I found TNC's review funny.

I loved Space Jam, one of my favorite movies, I saw it when I was a kid, I even had a Bugs Bunny toy with a Michael Jordan on his Tunes Squad uniform. Me and my cousings saw this film on VHS countless of times.

Said this, I liked more Back in Action, seemed more like the old zany Looney Tunes cartoons I love, just pumped up to the big screen, and gave my favorite character Daffy Duck the spotlight, I just love the Looney Tunes.

Last edited:
I liked the Monstars. Hilarious characters.

Not as good as "Who Framed Roger Rabbit" but better than "Back In Action".

Lola could have had a decent career if WB weren't so obsessed with pimping Scooby-Doo.

I liked the Monstars. Hilarious characters.

we are the monstarz! M-O-N.....erm.....:hehe:

I liked back in action too.

Is this movie in blu-ray anyways? if its not then....WHAT THE HELL ARE YOU WAITING WB? :oldrazz:

Lola Bunny is so hot in this movie.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"