• Secure your account

A friendly reminder to our users, please make sure your account is safe. Make sure you update your password and have an active email address to recover or change your password.

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

SPECULATION: How Would You Integrate Fox Characters?

Hotwire

Dealin' W/ Demons
Reaction score
So, if they're going to bring characters like the X-Men and the Fantastic 4 into the MCU, how should they do it? Some of them like the Fantastic 4 are fairly simple as you just add them in in the same manner the other characters in the MCU have been added. The X-Men, however, pose an issue with having to bring mutants in as well. Thoughts?

Just make them bad ass and it doesn't matter!

x92_post_master.jpg

X-Men Evolution style. Mutants live largely in secret with only a few people knowing about them until there is some big incident that exposes them and it creates a giant panic among normal humans.

Basically, I would say the events of infinity war cause a vacuum of heroes. Cap, Thor and iron man are dead. Cap marvel and guardians of the galaxy are in space. T'challa goes back to wakanda.

But obviously the issues that created the heroes don't disappear so someone has to fill the void. But because everyone misses the old heroes and fears change people don't exactly embrace the new lot which leads to racism especially for mutants. And then we begin.

You introduce the characters. You have some teens who have just gained their powers through puberty, and a kindly mentor who has been able to hide his abilities because they are invisible. It's only complicated if you're trying to do a bunch of retconning, or trying to get the audience care about adventures that you don't want to show them.

I'm just thinking how you explain the existence of mutants when they've never been mentioned. Especially since you have already used Scarlet Witch and Quicksilver as enhanced humans instead of mutants.

I'm thinking the events of the Infinity War somehow alter reality.

I'm just thinking how you explain the existence of mutants when they've never been mentioned. Especially since you have already used Scarlet Witch and Quicksilver as enhanced humans instead of mutants.

Maybe they exist but we don't know about them yet?

Maybe they exist but we don't know about them yet?

I've said this before. I'm 90% certain that this is what Marvel will do:

1. The Celestials implanted the X gene in people millions of years ago. Many people inherited the gene but very few express the gene, making mutants relatively unknown.

2. The X gene can be activated by radiation or Infinity Stones. This would explain QS and SW. Xavier's parents were nuclear scientists and Magento's parents were tortured by Nazi scientists.

3. After IW, the X gene gets activated for everyone around the world who carry it. The mutant population explodes, people are afraid and associate mutants with Thanos.

4. Professor X, one of the few mutants before IW and an expert in mutant genetics, recruits mutants to his school. The most skillful mutants he recruits become the X-Men.

1. The Celestials implanted the X gene in people millions of years ago. Many people inherited the gene but very few express the gene, making mutants relatively unknown.

2. The X gene can be activated by radiation or Infinity Stones. This would explain QS and SW. Xavier's parents were nuclear scientists and Magento's parents were tortured by Nazi scientists.

3. After IW, the X gene gets activated for everyone around the world who carry it. The mutant population explodes, people are afraid and associate mutants with Thanos.

4. Professor X, one of the few mutants before IW and an expert in mutant genetics, recruits mutants to his school. The most skillful mutants he recruits become the X-Men.
That could work.

Sounds great. And the ones like Professor X, Magneto, Wolverine who would’ve been around before it could just be hidden or hide their powers away as much as they can.

Perfect :up: :up:

Sounds great. And the ones like Professor X, Magneto, Wolverine who would’ve been around before it could just be hidden or hide their powers away as much as they can.

Yup, and Wolverine this whole time could've been in weapon X and then working for the Canadian government as a top secret assasin much like the Winter Soldier for Hydra.

Also, Magneto had no reason to attack since prejudice against mutants didn't exist yet.

Just start from the basic, and pretend the Fox movies didn't exist. If they want to build toward their own Dark Phoenix Saga, then they should do it, although there's way too many stories that have been neglected and should take top priority. And make sure they focus on the team dynamic; I don't want another Wolverine & Friends scenario again.

Think they will introduce Fantastic 4 towards the end of A4 and then slowly introduce them individually across the next slate of movies before we get a F4 movie proper. X Men will most likely be rebooted post 2020 and will probably use some angle from Thanos' invasion to explain the X gene.

Imagine how great it would be if in the opening sequence of the MCU, everyone loves superheroes and then in about 90 seconds magneto just tears through New York like this

And then bam, people start thinking "hmm, maybe people with superpowers is not that hot"

Can't explain mutants like Apocalyspe, Magneto, Wolverine and the older ones.

Just like in the first X-Men movie:
The mutants in the school are hiding their talents and the brotherhood only shows up, when Magneto has a masterplan. I'm happy, that Spiderman hasn't got a new origins-story and it totally worked for me, that we was just there and had special powers.

I would do it this way.

All mutants live in Genosha. The king of the island is Magneto. Xavier is his advisor. He scans the Earth for new mutants and Magneto's men brings them into the island. Xavier shields the island so that no one knows the existences of mutants.

As the population grew, Genosha runs out of place for mutants. After the events of A3 and A4, the world is in chaos and the Avengers have disbanded. Magneto seizes the opportunity and orders his men to dominate the Earth. Xavier, who want co-existence between homo sapiens and homo superior, tries to stop Magneto but in vain. So he gathers up five of his pupils, Scott, Jean, Bobby, Warren and Hank to stop Magneto.

The aftermath of the story sees mutants as a threat to humanity and Xavier and his gang expelled from Genosha and has to use an old mansion in upstate New York.

I love it. However if you were to keep Deadpool canon (which I think most of us would like to) then it would have to be set after IW. That could get a little confusing.

I'm thinking something that is as unintrusive as possible, so that mutants don't seem like they owe their existence to Thanos, or the Avengers or anybody. I'm thinking about 20 years ago, Xavier and or Magneto did something on a worldwide-scale that 'primed' the X-Gene in more people, so that there is now a mutant population explosion. You could save that explanation for a sequel or threequel, even, and put it at the feet of Shadow King or Selene or Azazel or any of those older mutants with phenomenal powers. It's a little similar to Inhumans, but not enough that anyone needs to care.

The Fantastic Four is easy. X-Men is more complicated. I say:

Mutants have existed in secret for years, with both Xavier and Magneto working to protect their interests and keep the truth secret. Now more mutants are being discovered at a higher rate, prompting rogue elements like the Brotherhood to take bigger risks, ultimately leading to an event that exposes them to the outside world.

You could potentially introduce them in another film, say a mutant is found in Wakanda and Storm comes to retrieve them and team up with T'Challa in a Black Panther sequel.

The numbers of mutants could only just now be exploding. But mutants were always around and people assumed they were regular superheroes like Cap because no one had heard of the term mutant in this sense.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"