Spider-Jay420's Collection Thread

OK. I gotta stop. I'm gonna go broke if I keep going back to that store!!

IMG_20120303_201817.jpg

Really great looking figure. And this TRU had a red and gold Extremis Iron Man, Hope, Constrictor and about 8 Blue Iron Men. Peg warmers.

because I've always wanted to see them side-by-side...

IMG_20120303_205406.jpg

I've always been a huge supporter of the JMS Marvel Select Thor. Even saying that was the best Thor figure ever made.....

I was wrong. The New ML Thor is better in every way. Must have for any ML fan.

IMG_20120303_210531.jpg

IMG_20120303_210550.jpg

HA!! You're REALLY gonna hate me when you see these pics!! ^^^^

Damn it!!!!

I found constrictor last night hidden in with the Thundercat figures. Walmart was unloading their trucks and they had 9 in the store, but the guy was too lazy to go look.

LOL That sucks. It's funny to me that people hide stuff. Don't they know we look EVERYWHERE!!! You ain't hiding nothing from a real collector. HA!

BA, how long would you wait? Like, if dude says, "Yeah, I gotta get to the front of the truck to get 'em out. It'll be about an hour or 2 before they get on the pegs." Would you wait that long?

LOL That sucks. It's funny to me that people hide stuff. Don't they know we look EVERYWHERE!!! You ain't hiding nothing from a real collector. HA!

BA, how long would you wait? Like, if dude says, "Yeah, I gotta get to the front of the truck to get 'em out. It'll be about an hour or 2 before they get on the pegs." Would you wait that long?

I wouldn't have minded waiting last night when he said, ill check, then decided not too.

Last spring I waited about an hour for Target to get out series 2 revisions of Marvel Universe. I try to beat our the scalpers, i just want my stuff to complete collections, ya know?

OK. I gotta stop. I'm gonna go broke if I keep going back to that store!!

IMG_20120303_201817.jpg

Really great looking figure. And this TRU had a red and gold Extremis Iron Man, Hope, Constrictor and about 8 Blue Iron Men. Peg warmers.

The only peg warmer at mine was two red and gold extremis armors. I passed on them and Steve because I'd rather have the translucent shield and stealth armor. I haven't seen ghost rider, Thor or hope yet. Just those 4

I can't wait to get Steve. Translucent or regular shield, I don't care!

It's just funny how many Blue Iron Men there are. Because you look a few rows over, and you see the Avengers Movie figures. and I've seen tons of Blue Iron Man there too. 6" and 3 3/4". Whatever size you like. lol

I can't wait to get Steve. Translucent or regular shield, I don't care!

It's just funny how many Blue Iron Men there are. Because you look a few rows over, and you see the Avengers Movie figures. and I've seen tons of Blue Iron Man there too. 6" and 3 3/4". Whatever size you like. lol

I just hope this means the wave two variants will be easy to find (and running changes)

Last spring I waited about an hour for Target to get out series 2 revisions of Marvel Universe. I try to beat our the scalpers, i just want my stuff to complete collections, ya know?

You waited an hour?! HAHA That's awesome!!! I don't think I could wait that long, man. Good for you.

I absolutely know what it's like to want complete collections. Look who you're asking. :cwink: Ya know, I don't think I've ever seen a Figure Scalper. I always have the attitude walking down that aisle, that I won't find anything good anyways. That way, I'm not that disappointed when I don't find anything good. :awesome:

Although, lately I can't complain. I've been scoring all over the place. I'm not gonna lie, it's been awesome.

I just hope this means the wave two variants will be easy to find (and running changes)

Yeah maybe. I mean, for me it went from zero figures for months to 4 in the last week. Seems like they are really shipping them out and spreading them around. I've been to 3 different TRUs that are all a good hour away from each other and they all had 2 or 3 characters (usually just 1 of each) and a few Blue Iron Mans. The only figures I haven't seen are Steve Rogers and Ghost Rider. I have only seen Bucky Cap from the Arnim Zola wave so far.

Hasbro always says they are aware of the demand for 6" Marvel Legends and this is their way of showing it. I mean, yeah, let's hope so.

You waited an hour?! HAHA That's awesome!!! I don't think I could wait that long, man. Good for you.

I absolutely know what it's like to want complete collections. Look who you're asking. :cwink: Ya know, I don't think I've ever seen a Figure Scalper. I always have the attitude walking down that aisle, that I won't find anything good anyways. That way, I'm not that disappointed when I don't find anything good. :awesome:

Although, lately I can't complain. I've been scoring all over the place. I'm not gonna lie, it's been awesome.

Yeah maybe. I mean, for me it went from zero figures for months to 4 in the last week. Seems like they are really shipping them out and spreading them around. I've been to 3 different TRUs that are all a good hour away from each other and they all had 2 or 3 characters (usually just 1 of each) and a few Blue Iron Mans. The only figures I haven't seen are Steve Rogers and Ghost Rider. I have only seen Bucky Cap from the Arnim Zola wave so far.

Hasbro always says they are aware of the demand for 6" Marvel Legends and this is their way of showing it. I mean, yeah, let's hope so.

ive seen steve, but i passed on him, hoping the translucent shield will be as easy to find as stealth iron man. I've yet to see ghostrider either... (hoping to get the blue one). Just snagged thor today, so those are the only 2 left i need.

So there you go. That's already more than I saw of the last few ML waves from before the 2 packs. The Red Hulk wave and the wave with Nova.

How much are they at TRU? Where Ohio lacks in toys r us's we make up for in wal-mart's

TRU is expensive. I'm pretty sure they were 19 and change after taxes.

Well, I'm temporarily back in MI for a while, but we have 4 or 5 Walmarts to every 1 Toys R Us. I just haven't seen them at Wally's yet. I see the empty pegs, but the tag in front doesn't say Marvel Legends. So we'll see when they show up.

And THOR is awesome, isn't he? Such a great figure. Looks just like Copiel's art, plenty of articulation. Nailed it.

Last edited:
TRU is expensive. I'm pretty sure they were 19 and change after taxes.

Well, I'm temporarily back in MI for a while, but we have 4 or 5 Walmarts to every 1 Toys R Us. I just haven't seen them at Wally's yet. I see the empty pegs, but the tag in front doesn't say Marvel Legends. So we'll see when they show up.

And THOR is awesome, isn't he? Such a great figure. Looks just like Copiel's art, plenty of articulation. Nailed it.
He's indeed beautiful. But he basically is just a further articulated marvel select version.

Yeah, which is fantastic to start, then they tweaked it and made it more detailed and articulated and really improved it. I love it. Obviously.

theAvengers.jpg

I know it's just the same pic again, but Cap looks so much better with his shield up and hey look! New Thor!!...I'll stop now.

ive tried several times to get a pose with cap looking good with his shield up. You did a decent job, but it still looks off. I think that's just a pose where figs really can't do unfortunately

Yeah, he needs double jointed shoulders like Spider-Man or DD. It's tough to really pull off the shiled-hoist without 'em. You can get pretty close though.

I find myself with a lot of free time on my hands, so I tweaked the background Avengers. The Busiek/Perez Avengers, if you will.

90sAvengers.jpg

Avengersnew.jpg

I put Hawkeye back up on his glider thing and put that on a flight stand. Then switched him and Wanda.

I put the Hulk on a base to elevate him from behind Cap's shield.

I reposed Wonder Man and moved Quicksilver out from behind the Vision and next to Giant Man and Wanda.

I think it looks much better now.

Thanks man. I've had him on it but before, but it sits so low, it's was always hard to see him in my display, unless I stood him up and balanced on it. eventually, he would always topple over. Now, on the flight stand, he's pretty secure. Plus, he does have his seatbelt on. :awesome:

And, I'd like to point out, Hawkeye is holding his arrow without any twisties or any other aides. :woot:

Well, take a good long last look, boys and girls. I am boxing it all back up again and moving back to Florida. The Collection is gonna be in storage for a while, again, but it will soon be reborn anew. Probably a slim and trim minimalist approach, depending on the space available to me. But we'll have to wait and see.

Anyway, thanks for all the kind words and comments. It's always fun talkin' **** with you guys, and hopefully when I do come back with some updates, you'll all still be around to chat with.

Spider-Jay420, out. :awesome:

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
anarchomando1
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"