Spider-Jay420's Collection Thread

i need to get that thor badly :D hopefully i can find one this week

For real. Seriously. The BEST Thor action figure ever made. Period.

Picked up Marvel Select Utron today.

Got in my new Condo this month. So be on the look out for SPIDER-JAY420's MARVEL LEGENDS COLLECTION 3.0 coming soon!

Featuring: Commander Rogers, Bucky Cap, Drax, Madame Hydra and Ultron. Can't wait!

Thanks Spike.

I don't have my shelves anymore, so I gotta get new ones. The ones I had were metal framed and plywood shelves, but I really like the all metal ones with the sheet of plastic over the actual shelf. Those are 6 shelves and a bit more expensive, but they look better. We'll see, cuz I need 2 of them. Maybe over the next few weeks.

And here it is....

SPIDER-JAY420'S MARVEL LEGENDS COLLECTION 3.0

IMG_20121227_165748_zpsac9ea515.jpg

IMG_20121212_162032_zpse4eda926.jpg

IMG_20121227_140159_zps18bd08e7.jpg

IMG_20121227_140230_zps292cb450.jpg

IMG_20121227_165847_zps5d808ef7.jpg

Nice. I really like the lights in there........Ultron looks amazing....but he may be a touch big for my tastes....i dunno yet

Replace the xmas lights with rope lighting. But otherwise awesome job man

Thanks guys. Now I just have to figure out what to do with my Caps. I'd like to display my bucky cap and cmdr rogers, but where? I got my face off cap in my avengers and I WOULD put Bucky with the New Avengers and Rogers in the back with Fury, Hill and Sharon Carter, but then I have to lose Cap. I can't do Captain America, Bucky Cap and Commander Rogers all in the same display, ya know?

Whats going.on? Why is your giant man smaller than mine? What is that giant man?

Whats going.on? Why is your giant man smaller than mine? What is that giant man?

Ah, That's actually the KMart exclusive "Not so Giant Man". He's merely huge, he's barely enormous! You didn't pick that one up? Too bad.....kidding. Spideyboy is right, its an optical illusion.

Thanks, Wolf. I'll try to flood my thread with pics so you guys can take it all in. Enjoy.

Ya know how we always update our collection threads with new pics, have you guys ever thought about doing videos instead? I was thinking about that the other day. I mean , it would probably come off super lame and dorky, but it might be fun to see a guided video tour of someone's action figure collection. No?

Spideyboy? Spike? Bizzaro? Rough? And everybody else with a cool action figure display. What do you guys think? Would anyone want to see that?

Nice setup. You have basically all of the same Legends as me. Do you collect Marvel Universe and Selects too?

Thanks Rob. That's a great big negative on the Universe figures. Maybe if I missed the boat on the Legends the first time around, I'd be more inclind to go that route, but I was Way into the Legends long before the Universe figures came out. So yeah, once I had the Legends, I wasn't about to start collecting all over again in a smaller scale. See, I'm one of the guys who believe the Marvel Legends are better than the Universe figures in every way, so no. No Marvel Universe for me.

Here and there on the Select figures. As long as they fit with the Legends scale and its better than the MLVersion, I'll grab it.

What do you think about the video update, Rob? Is that lame or would you be in to that?

Thanks Rob. That's a great big negative on the Universe figures. Maybe if I missed the boat on the Legends the first time around, I'd be more inclind to go that route, but I was Way into the Legends long before the Universe figures came out. So yeah, once I had the Legends, I wasn't about to start collecting all over again in a smaller scale. See, I'm one of the guys who believe the Marvel Legends are better than the Universe figures in every way, so no. No Marvel Universe for me.

Here and there on the Select figures. As long as they fit with the Legends scale and its better than the MLVersion, I'll grab it.

What do you think about the video update, Rob? Is that lame or would you be in to that?

See, I was the opposite, and started with Marvel Universe, got all of those that I wanted, so then went to legends, where I'm about halfway to where I want to be. I figure I have about 100 now, but there's probably another 60-70 I'd like to get. I have a ton of selects too, but I'm done with those for a while except I'll pick up new one's if they are really cool. I haven't opened any of my stuff yet... I'm going to keep the MU's on card since they don't take up much space that way. The Legends are a tough one for me cuz I spent a lot of dough to get them MOC, so I'm considering buying a bunch of my favorites again, only loose this time. As soon as I get a good lighted display case I'm going to open all my Selects and set up a nice display, that way I'll have a lot more room for the rest of the Legends I want. Those Selects take up sooo much space if you keep them on card.

I think the video idea is a great one. I love watching those collection videos on youtube. In fact, those played a big part in my wanting to start a big ML collection. When I open all my selects and display them, I'll make a video.

If my figs werent all in containers in the grage i would totally do a video. With awesome musical commentart

Rough, you should be ashamed of yourself. Your stuff needs to be displayed. Don't gimme that I'm a father now, ain't nobody got time for dat! You're one of the forefathers round these parts, you gotta represent, dude! Get on it!

If my figs werent all in containers in the grage i would totally do a video. With awesome musical commentart

also, note to self. Apparently keeping the figures in containers for a long period of time will ruin them. the soft plastic on some figures has been known to literally melt or merge with other figures, and apparently the fumes from the plastic causes decay of the figures if locked in air tight. Apparently to propperly store them, they need some sort of air holes for the gas to escape, and every figure needs individually wrapped ...

just a heads up.

Well, I finally took the plunge and for the first time ever I opened a ton of Selects and displayed them. It took me 5 hours just to open all of them. Those twisty ties are brutal. I'll post some pics tonight when I get home from work. It does look great I must say. Who knows, maybe I'll open my Legends too some day... But for now, baby steps.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
anarchomando1
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"