Spider-Jay420's Collection Thread

And snagged the new Captain America today, so now I have a complete Thanos. Oh yeah!

:awesome:

2F85A6E2-EE6F-4B9F-AED1-759B0E93E658_zpsgl4qpa25.jpg

4D2953CF-664E-4281-8BEF-F7DFDADFFB7F_zpslzcnojb3.jpg

9EDB16CF-3798-40D8-B393-F54E73389700_zpsdwbzyjh0.jpg

96061D78-FAAD-4FBB-BE19-4BEB0910A9CC_zpss6kb4cod.jpg

A588EE2A-7445-4B1A-B513-2B613AD7EA20_zps60nwi7su.jpg
76F8E9DD-D543-41FA-B399-31B4B864852B_zps56xrux3k.jpg

4ED43DF0-68D9-446E-8489-CD58E0B725A6_zpsyuffwhil.jpg

That spinning hammer wheel looks pretty awesome!!

Recent pick ups.

I gotta say, they really picked up the distribution on these recent waves. I've seen full pegs at Target with multiples of each figure. They're everywhere and it's great!

Daredevil is amazing! I said before the Face Off was my favorite DD, but this new one is easily the best Daredevil ever made. Hands down. I wish his clubs were red instead of white, but he's so great. Best Daredevil yet!

2099 is really cool too. My other favorite figure. Mayday and Ultimate Spider Woman (?) Are pretty decent. I just bought them to fill out my eventual Spider Shelf. I'm not even sure who Brown Recluse Spider Woman is. I THINK she's the cloned female Peter Parker from the Ultimate Universe but I'm not sure. Is she the same character from Spider Verse in the leather jacket? From the mini with Kaine and Ben Reilly?

I'm looking forward to comparing the AOU Hulk with the Face Off. I hope AOU Hulk doesn't look to "movie" and can pass for my comic display. I doubt it, but we'll see.

Spider Woman looks like a great figure too. I'm looking forward to her with Carol and She Hulk. I'll have to get more flight stands.

Oh! Anybody know of a way to make a cool, easy Luke Cage? I was eye balling some wrestling figures and wondered if there was an easy head swap possibility? I'd really like a modern Cage and I'm not impressed enough with the TBolts box set version to pay that kind of cash. Any ideas? ?

I am going to put my extra Ms Marvel head on Captain Marvel's body and use her in my Dark Avengers. That's a great idea. Thanks Spideyboy.

Batroc the leaper will be a nice addition to the Villain shelf.

And Coulson! I gotta figure where to put Coulson. I have my Nick Fury and SHIELD next to the Avengers, but I use comic Fury and the comic Sharon Carter and Maria Hill. I don't think Coulson would work just thrown in that mix, but at the same time I can't have Sam Jackson, Coulson and Movie Hill among all my comic figures. Hmmmm. I'm gonna have to think on that.

We're building a new house and it should be done in September. I have to design a cool new set up and I can't wait! And I have a ton of new figures to do it with. It'll be a long summer but it'll be worth it!

It sounds like Ikea is the way to go. I just have to decide if I want a shelving unit on the floor or actual shelves on the walls. Cuz I want a nice adult collector set up. I don't want Home Depot shelves and Christmas lights and Duct tape, ya know? I want Nice stuff. Cool displays. Lights. A proper situation.

Alright. Enough rambling. Hit me!

Been a while since I posted my new gets!

Got my hands on the new MCU Spider-Man from Civil War,

Also happy about Miles and Silk. Just waiting on Ult. Peter and MAYBE Spider UK when he's available,

So happy to finally be able to ditch my only Marvel Universe figure! Loving the new teenage body they used too! Very fun to pose. Great figure!

And I got 3 Fury's so I have a little SHILED set up,

And for some crazy reason, I love Absorbing Man's head on the Mandroid!

I'm not even sure who Brown Recluse Spider Woman is. I THINK she's the cloned female Peter Parker from the Ultimate Universe but I'm not sure. Is she the same character from Spider Verse in the leather jacket? From the mini with Kaine and Ben Reilly?
That is correct.
Oh! Anybody know of a way to make a cool, easy Luke Cage? I was eye balling some wrestling figures and wondered if there was an easy head swap possibility? I'd really like a modern Cage and I'm not impressed enough with the TBolts box set version to pay that kind of cash. Any ideas? ?
I used a D-von Dudley. Black jeans, Black tanktop, white wrist wraps. I used acetone to remove all the graphics from his clothing, and sanded and painted his wrist wraps in a gunmetal color. Oh, and painted the tape around his fingers gold, to look like rings. I'd put up some pics, but he's in storage right now.

Last edited:
Thanks Mangle. Storage, huh? Well go get it and post some pics! Sounds cool.

And I would paint it, but I don't want it to look like I painted it myself, ya know?

One of my happiest days as a collector. My first full case. My first Deadpool. Awesome stuff! I will say Iceman is the weakest of the bunch. Super soft plastics make it tough to stand him. He looks cool, though.

Very excited for the updates! Spending my Saturday off reading comics and setting up action figures.

[Yt]BQ6FKyuLfUk[/MEDIA]

Last edited:
Been busy the last couple weeks. Picked up the Entertainment Earth exclusive Drax and Gamora on ebay. Loving this Drax! Way bigger, better accessories, very cool. Gamora is great too! She looks amazing and so happy to ditch the movie figure I had for so long.

Also Walgreens exclusive Punisher which is very cool. I wish they gave him trigger fingers but hes still great. I like his kinda crazy no headband head. Creepy. And BAF Mandroid head, which I'm happy to have it. But Absorbing Man's head looks so much better on there. I'm so bummed. Oh well. I'm sure I'll swap it sooner or later.

I did manage to put a Jubilee together for a decent price. I was shocked when I saw her at 200 bucks on ebay. No way! I got her head and effects for 25, kitty body for 12 and all set. I did have to drill her head out a little bit, but it wasn't that difficult. I know she doesn't have her classic yellow raincoat, but I can live without it.

Oh! And I also moved my McFarlane Spider-Man into my main display because hes awesome and deserves it!

Also grabbed Civil War in BluRay, along with Bucky and Falcon. I like Falcon, his wings are cool and the sculpt is pretty decent. He should have come with guns, but no biggie. Bucky is bad, though. Bad weapons, no holsters, totally rushed too. Head sculpt is spot on, but everything else is off. What is up with the weird ab crunch in his back?! That thing is hideous!

Just waiting in Wanda. Hopefully its not too long.

[Yt]1ygq7many4Y[/MEDIA]

So after watching Luke Cage on Netflix, I decided it was time for a modern Cage. After a few minutes on Google, and this
I used a D-von Dudley. Black jeans, Black tanktop, white wrist wraps. I used acetone to remove all the graphics from his clothing, and sanded and painted his wrist wraps in a gunmetal color. Oh, and painted the tape around his fingers gold, to look like rings. I'd put up some pics, but he's in storage right now.
, I found this WWE Devon Dudley on ebay for 13 bucks. No disrespect to wrestling fans, I haven't followed it since Stone Cold Steve Austin was there, so I have no idea who he is, but he sure looks like Luke Cage to me. A quick repaint does wonders.

Dudley came with a left slapping open hand and an "okay" gesture right hand, which didn't really work for me. I decided to cut off 70's Luke's closed fist and give it to Dudley. I tried to take it apart as opposed to destroying it and it sort of worked. I can place the fist on top of the wrist joint so it retains full articulation, but it's not securely fastened. Sitting on the shelf not being played with? it's fine. As far as a quick and easy Modern Luke Cage? Sweet Christmas!

Finally got my DC Comics Icons John Stewart GL. Very cool.

and my MCU Scarlet Witch came in to complete Team Cap!

and lastly, I bought the Bandai C3PO model kit, with is unbelievably cool! I never did a model kit before but it wasn't that hard and fun to do! took about 3 hours all said and done

BEFORE

AFTER

Last edited:
LukeCagebefore_zpsgti56upr.jpg

Yep, that's the one I used. Never got around to painting mine's shirt yellow, though.

I left it black for about a week, thought it was good enough. But the more I looked at, the more out of place he looked. Like, which of these figures doesn't belong? The yellow shirt sealed the deal for me. Thanks for the idea, buddy.

2016 closeout. Featuring MCU Scarlet Witch and Doctor Strange! ML Villains Enchantress! ML Heroes Wonder Man, Brother Voodoo, Iron Fist, and my custom Luke Cage! Go easy on me, it was my first time! See you in 2017, Everybody!

Still need to look for the Shield Armor BAF pieces.
If I recall right, that whole set just wasn't interesting to me All I have from it is the Torso, gun, and left leg lol The biggest thing for me not looking for the other pieces is it's never been in a movie or tv show

The Mandroid BAF legend.. was basically an original design. Mandroids have been in the comics for decades, but i don't think any version specifically ever looked like the one they gave us. (Same goes for odin, who really is just using the all-father thor body design)

Yeah, I'm a fan of MCU Spidey too. The shoulders make posing a lot easier. It's nice that he can shoot across his chest. All Spidey figures should be able to do that, especially by today's standards.

I was never really after the Mandroid, either, but I noticed I was only missing the head and a leg and decided to finish it. It took me awhile to find the head, let alone at a decent price, and I left Absorbing Man's head on it for a minute. Looked so good like that, I think I'll go back to it. He really does bulk up a SHIELD display though. Cool figure.

The only reason I'd finish the Mandroid is because it IS Shield related. lol Yeah I don't recall seeing that Mandroid anywhere, even the cartoons

it even has the movie logo on it.. so its sorta a brand new concept of one

New updates:
Medicom Mafex BATMAN V SUPERMAN
S.H. Figuarts BRUCE LEE & MICHAEL JACKSON

Where do you get you figure Stands SJ? I have a few figures I'd like to use those on

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"