Spider-Jay420's Collection Thread

:awesome: Thanks buddy. I always love the kind words and especially from you with your posing prowess, it means a lot. You and I feel the same way. With all the articulation these figures have, you owe it to yourself AND Marvel Legends to pose the **** of of those figures!! NOW ALL OF YOU GO OUT THERE AND MAKE YOUR COLLECTIONS LOOK AWESOME! !

Ahem. Yeah um.... that Spidey villians picture is bad ass. Jr Jr. I'm sure you can tell. I got it from some Marvel fan club thing. Had it for years. One if my faves.

my mom was over visiting marx and i last night, and she's like "i can't believe you take these things out of the package" I was like... it's a good thing i do, you wouldn't be able to walk in this room if i didn't.....

That's awesome. Hell yeah. Didn't she get a bunch of them at some point for you? I wish I trained my mom to buy my action figures for me. Kudos!

lol yeah my mom use to go hunting or surprise me with stuff for christmas (with direction of course) she usually gets me the san diego box sets as an early b-day because it's usually what i want most..

one x-mas was pretty great, she got me the MU giant galactus.. and the entire legend wave that came out at the same time (i think they were the 2 packs)

Based on that alone, you might have the best mom ever. You can tell her I said so too! Next time I need something hard to find, I know who to call!

Recent updates:

I did pick up the Walgreens Exclusive Agent Venom just because it was really odd seeing Marvel Legends at Walgreens but it is cool and I do support that. I didn't read Agent Venom but he's supposed to appear Guardians of the Galaxy soon so why not? Great looking figure but I'm keeping him boxed for now.

This arrived yesterday and it's very cool. Love the new Ms Marvel! Looks like the same body as Black Cat as she's a little thicker than the previous Giant Man Wave release. They gave her flat feet instead of the heels which is the better choice. Those heels make it tough to pose them. Prettier head sculpt, better body sculpt, paint app is great with the gold lightning bolt. Great figure and awesome addition to my Avengers. I'm a fan.

And yeah, I even cut the Marvel Legends logo off the box and taped it to the shelf, Cuz I'm that big of a dork. This is definitely a transitional phase for my collection. Between residences right now. This is all I got that's not in storage. It's not much, but as far as a streamlined, concise display, I'm happy with where it's at right now. It is a little sad, but soon it will be glorious again!!

As far as the rest of the 3 pack, Captain America is a repaint of the Ultimate Cap from a couple waves ago. He does look a lot better in person than he does in pics. For those that do not have or use the Face Off Cap, he is a good substitute. His unmasked head is the same as the Steve Roger figure and it looks great. I also like the Shield on his back too. Very cool Captain America.

Radioactive Man is a really cool figure too. I love the translucent green and he'll make an excellent addition to my Avengers villains display once I get that back up. Cool fig.

Yeah the 3 pack is a great set. Ms. Marvel is actually a straight up repaint of Moonstone. Even the hair is the same

Oh. Nice. She's awesome. Such an improvement over the first one. It's so great that they figured out how to make the females look hot. Way better sculpting. Can't wait for the Scarlet Witch!

Indeed. My shelves are all ready for Scarlet Witch, Hell Cat, and Spider-Woman. Now if only we can get a redo of jim lee rogue and Julia Carpenter spider woman, ill be set!!

Quite a collection you have there, I browsed through your thread and checked out the video and am anxiously waiting for your update.

Cool. Thanks BC.

It might be a minute before I get my real display back up and running. I went from a ten shelf display unit with 200 action figures to one little book shelf with a dozen figures. Kinda sucks, but I have some more Star Wars Black Series on the way so I'll probably make another update video once they come in. Lovin the Black series.

Thanks for watching!

Wow, I really haven't updated in a while. Let's see....

Went and saw Marvel Universe Live! In Orlando. My wife and I went with another couple. All in our thirties. No kids. We sat front row. We were way out of place. It was fun but definitely for kids.

[Yt]1r5kP2CgGy8[/MEDIA]
I got Star Wars Black Series Chewbacca, Darth Vader, and Jedi Luke for my birthday and premiered the latest installment of Spider-Jay420's Marvel Legends Collection: ep13.

[Yt]tns9g0yTzec[/MEDIA]

And then He arrived. ..

Jedi Master Yoda. This is the figure I have been wanting since I've wanted action figures. I love Yoda. Always have. Amazing figure. He does come with a snake that sits around the back of his neck, just like the original release, and a light saber that detaches at the blade of course. I don't use them though. My favorite is Empire Yoda. No saber. Just his cane. Dropping knowledge. I am loving this 6 inch Black Series! Just found out Threepio is coming and I am so happy. Now I just need A New Hope Leia and Lando Calrissian and all will be right in the Force.

I also picked up some cheap tap lights at Target and I'm loving those too.

BigBadToyStore brotha. That's the way to go. I preorder everything.

i usually end up finding everything retail. but i go online if i can't. Walgreens seems to be the place to go to get anything past the Obiwan wave, it's the only place i ever saw Chewbacca and Vader

Retail is good for about half of the waves for me. The spidey and cap waves were allover the place except for a few figures fromeach wave. There are always a few hard ones to find. I saw toxin black cat and spider girl only once or twice. Same with red skull and zemo.

Everything I preordered I received a few weeks before I saw them retail. Maybe I've been lucky but I'm a happy customer. :up:

it just seems so weird to look for figures at Walgreens.

it does seem weird to look at walgreens for figures lol but, the market seems to be changing a little.

the main (non TRU exclusive) waves of legends have been so easy to find this past year... everyone from every wave i got with ease. I saw maybe 3 rockets, and 3 or 4 Novas even. 2 or 3 widows, 3 or 4 AIM agents (3 of which i purchased) and everyone from the spidey line multiple times... even carnage.

I'm hoping, and counting on the Avengers wave to be the same... I can't wait for that wave... it will be nice to get add Machine Man and Odin to my displays, replace Wanda (i'll probably move the old one to be with her green suited brother on my Brotherhood of Evil Mutants display... ), I'll completely retire Sentry for the new one, add Carol to my space display

The only ones i have no clue where to put are Thor and Iron Fist I guess i can retire my MS Thor from my misc modern marvel shelf and put both he and IF there with Now Hawkeye, Iron Man, Cyclops, Bucky Cap, and Steve Rogers Director of SHIELD... ? that's totally my least favorite display....

Well, this Allfather wave was tricky for me. I saw most of the wave in a ghetto TRU near my work but couldn't find Scarlet Witch. Then I drove an hour away to a TRU that doesn't exist anymore. That's was so disappointing.

I hadn't been there in a long time and I knew I should've called first. But they never know what I'm talking about on the phone and the chase is half the fun, right? Wrong. An hour drive and I pulled up and now it's a damn Longhorn Steakhouse. Sonova*****!! Ugh! I was so mad I went online and by some miracle Toys R Us had them available on their site so I ordered the figs I needed and got them yesterday. First time in a long time I got almost the whole wave. I passed on Machine Man and Capt Marvel. I don't think I've ever read anything with MM, except maybe Earth X, so meh. And I just got Ms Marvel in the Target 3pack. I know this is her current look, but that suit is ugly and she looks way better in her black bathing suit. Lol.

Anyway, Scarlet Witch is awesome. You know that. It's not even a question.

And I can't really explain it, but I'm loving these barely lit shadow pics for some reason. I think it reminds me of the cover to New Avengers #1.

I have to assemble my Odin too, I'm just kinda bummed I don't really have anywhere to put him. :(

some people have been putting the Ms Marvel Head on the Captain Marvel Body.. so "sort of" create a Dark Ms Marvel for the Dark Avengers.

Yeah, I could see that. Not for me, though. I just prefer her Ms. Marvel black suit. And that Target 3pack figure looks so good, I can't bear to replace her.

well if it helps, they're dirt cheap now. some people have gotten the box set for $25 clearance.. so if you ever want another ms marvel. that's a steal

Cool collection. One day when I'm not renting a crappy room I just may jump back into the action figures

25 bucks is a great deal, though.

Thanks Kidd, yeah, action figure collections and rented rooms do not mix. Lol. When you get your setup, you gotta display it!

It's been a good week. Picked up Thanos ML Iron Man and Spider Woman after 2 Walmarts 1 Toys R Us and 5 Targets. Plus The Ms Marvel 3pack on clearance for 21 bucks.

Then MegaCon where we met Norman Reedus and I picked up Batroc and Hulk. Such a great week. So happy right now!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"