Spider-Man 3 or Batman v Superman

Discussion in 'Misc. Comics Films' started by Kahran Ramsus, Sep 22, 2020.

?

Spider-Man 3 or Batman v Superman

1. Spider-Man 3

2. Batman v Superman

Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. Neil McCauley Registered

Personally i prefer the action on the 1st than 2 and 3 combined.

First fight was a lot fun, plus you got Goblin and him saving people, plus the upside kiss. I liked the TAS style Spider-Man, anyways i have the 1st one as my 10th CBM due to nostalgia but i don't like 3rd and 2nd nearly as much. I would give a 7 to the 2nd at best and a 5.5 to the 3rd.

2. Micromind New World New Rules

Batman V Superman.

3. Kane52630 JINGLE BELLS BATMAN SMELLS

4. henzINNIT Registered

Gotta admit, I am amused that Spider-Man 3 demolished in the poll.

Spider-Aziz likes this.
  5. Neil McCauley Registered

6. Chip Chipperson the big guy

Oh god, even with venom being forced on raimi by the studio and James Franco’s new goblin being sort of a letdown, It’s still spider-man 3 by a country mile. Not even close.

Spider-Aziz likes this.
  7. Green Goblin Hey Paul!

Spider-Man 3 has done well with revisionism. It's getting much more love now than it did years ago. Maybe people were too harsh on it the initial few years after it's release.

Spider-Aziz likes this.
  8. Neil McCauley Registered

That would be TDKR.

SM3 is considered crap like BvS by the majority.

9. Bruce Wayne Merry Christmas, Alfred...

From my perspective, SM3 has always generally been thought of as a very flawed but still pretty decent film. Same as TDKR.

Neither have ever been held in as low esteem as BvS.

10. Wheels Groovy

It's mostly because BvS is a Dementor in movie form that this keeps happening.

It's why the majority doesn't like it here.

11. Gothamsknight Registered

S-M3 was definitely hated on a lot here when it came out, with some calling it the biggest let down ever, but I never agreed with that. Thankfully, people have come around to it over the years and see it as still a good film, just not as great as the first 2. I rewatched S-M3 over the summer and had a blast with it. Definitely not as great as the first 2, but overall good.

12. Wheels Groovy

It is a massive let down though. It's nowhere close as good to people as the first two. It's just there are new movies to hate on and people ease up. It's still seen as kinda mediocre to people.

Although so much of what is present is exactly what Power Rangers needs, but that goes for the whole trilogy.

The taking things just serious enough but going really hard on the B-Movie cheese at times.

13. thangaran Registered

BVS extended after seeing it a few times takes it for me. It really is a film that grows on one despite some of its structural and story problems

14. Dweet Registered

Spider-Man 3 by a lot.

Spider-Aziz likes this.
  15. Frodo Registered

SM3 was considered such a disappointment because SM2 and SM1 had been praised so much, and had been so popular.

You also add to that, the fact the film nose dives the moment Emo Peter starts strutting. Everything from that point on is what people basically remember from SM3.

While it wasn't as horrible as B&R, it was still considered a considerable step down from SM2.

Time has been kinder to SM3 in the sense that there is a lot nostalgia for the Raimi films in general , and the genre has advanced so much since 2007, that to still be angry about SM3 at this point is silly imo.

It will always be a flawed film, but there have been several other Spiderman films since then , so it's not as if it was one of only three as it was when it came out.

Spider-Aziz likes this.
  16. Flint Marko Bring me Thanos

Spider-man 3 will likely forever be the most disappointed I've ever been in a movie but it still has its moments.

17. Frodo Registered

I wasn't so much disappointed when I walked out of the theater. I remembering hearing not so good things about it going in, so I had a feeling it probably wasn't going to be great.

Then again, I'm speaking from the perspective of a guy who grew up in the era of really bad superhero films and tv shows by the time 2007 came around .

I mostly rolled my eyes during alot of the film. I knew it wasn't good, and it had done damage with that version of the series going forward.

Once Peter smacked MJ, and the audience I was in gasped in disapproval , I pretty much felt in the back of my mind, that the Raimi series was over.

I was like "That's it. It's done now". I was resigned to it .

Yeah, there were plans for a sequel but I somehow felt that it wasn't gonna happen.

So I wasn't so much surprised when they decided to reboot a few years later.

18. FeedOnATreeFrog (A Metal Gear reference)

Spider-Man 3 may have some story points that let down the movie and the trilogy, but it’s still a Raimi Spider-Man film, and I just love the moment to moment tone of that franchise. It’s enjoyable AF.

BvS gets some points for some cool effective moments, and some interesting story potential, but it’s all bogged down by a very dull and dreary plot, full of pointless plot points, which only gets worse in the Ultimate Cut.

I don’t understand how people enjoy the Ultimate Cut. All those scenes with Lois investigating the bullet are such a waste of time. Newsflash. We know it’s Lex. Also, Adams’ Lois is boring AF.

19. OutOfBoose #ReleaseTheAyerCut

I rediscovered SM3 a few years ago. I never liked it, and wasn't a fan of the trilogy back in the day, but Raimi's style, superb supporting cast (minus what's his name that played Venom) and consistent awkwardness of Toby shined through time. Plus, I think, new Spider-Man films didn't quite capture the magic and the trilogy wins in comparison.

I loved BvS initially, but it didn't live up to the initial impression after closer inspection. I didn't watch it since 2016, I think, and will do it for the first time in 3-4 years when Snyder Cut arrives.

20. Frodo Registered

While I do like the new films, they have the disadvantage of being the 2nd reboot within a relatively short time .

The Raimi trilogy had dealt with the major aspects of Spiderman myths such as the origin, Peter's struggles, The Osborn family/ Goblin Saga, Doc Ock, The Romance with Mary Jane, Sandman, even the Black Costume and Venom saga , though the latter one was bungled .

Then you have the ASM films which basically deal with the tragic romance of Peter and Gwen, in addition to dealing with the mystery of Peter's parents, the Lizard, Electro, and the Osborns yet again.

So , by the time we get to the new films , alot of the real meatty aspects of the Spiderman myths has already been done, and they want to avoid repeating the beats from the first two versions.

And while they have a great Spiderman/ Peter Parker, a couple of great villains in Vulture and Mysterio, and can now operate in the Marvel universe, as was intended when the character was created, alot of the real classic Spiderman stories and storylines have already been exploited , which takes their thunder a bit .