Comics Spider-man for Febuary 2009

Spider-ManHero12

Web-Slinger
Reaction score
Here's a look at some GREAT stuff coming in Febuary. John Romita Jr.'s returning! :up:

AMAZING SPIDER-MAN #585
Written by MARC GUGGENHEIM
Pencils & Cover by JOHN ROMITA JR.
CHARACTER ASSASSINATION Part 2
The biggest Spider-Man story since NEW WAYS TO DIE continues! It's Menace versus Spider-Man, and the loser ain't walking away! Plus, Lily Hollister's reaction to Harry Osborn's shocking pronouncement and we come a step closer to revealing the Spider-Tracer Killer! All that plus…the secrets of Menace stand revealed!
32 PGS./Rated A …$2.99

AMAZING SPIDER-MAN #586
Written by Marc Guggenheim
Art by KLAUS JANSON
Cover by John Romita Jr.
CHARACTER ASSASSINATION Interlude
No more secrets. No more lies. With Menace unmasked, the whole story of who he is and how he came to be is finally revealed and it promises to shake Peter Parker's world to its foundation. Find out all the answers you've been demanding in this special Character Assassination interlude!
32 PGS./Rated A …$2.99

AMAZING SPIDER-MAN #587
Written by MARC GUGGENHEIM
Pencils & Cover by JOHN ROMITA JR.
CHARACTER ASSASSINATION Part 3
Spidey's loved ones are in danger, but to save them he'll have to face thirty of his deadliest foes. Meanwhile, Carlie Cooper and Vin Gonzales are in deeper trouble than they thought and Harry Osborn and Lily Hollister face the election results.
32 PGS./Rated A …$2.99

B]AMAZING SPIDER-MAN FAMILY #4[/B]
Written by J.M. DeMatteis, Tom DeFalco, Abby Denson, Paul Tobin and More!
Penciled by Val Semeiks,
Todd Nauck Colleen Coover and More!
Cover by BARRY KITSON
Spinning out of the revent events of MIND ON FIRE and the revelations surrounding the return of Harry Osborn, J.M. DeMatteis and Val Semeiks bring us a story shedding more light on the longtime friendship between Pete and Harry. Over in the AMAZING SPIDER MA'AM, meet Aunt May's ARCH NEMESIS! Meanwhile, in the alternate universe of MR. & MRS. SPIDER-MAN, Peter and MJ must stop a desperate criminal – and a future career for Peter Parker is born! Back in our world, THE PRIVATE LIFE OF PETER PARKER shows us a true hero when Pete is trapped in a life and death situation with a child who needs his support. All this, plus the return of several of you demanded! PETER PORKER – THE AMAZING SPIDER-HAM!
104 PGS./Rated A …$4.99

SPIDER-MAN NOIR #3
Written by DAVID HINE
Art by CARMINE DI GIANDOMENICO
Cover by PATRICK ZIRCHER
Variant Cover by DENNIS CALERO
Young Peter Parker's been given the power – but does he have what it takes in gritty 1930s New York? There's only so much a kid like Peter can do against corrupt city politicians and slick gangland bosses. But when he gets unexpected inside info on the Goblin's dirty dealings, it's the chance of a lifetime for the Spider-Man to clean up the town!
32 PGS./Rated T+ …$3.99

AMAZING SPIDER-GIRL #29
itten by TOM DEFALCO
Pencils by RON FRENZ
& COLLEEN COOVER
Cover by RON FRENZ
To save her mother and brother from the new resurrected Green Goblin, Spider-Girl must battle Spider-Girl as the secret of the Brand New May is finally revealed!
32 PGS./Rated A …$2.99

SPIDER-MAN: BRAND NEW DAY #5
Collects AMAZING SPIDER-MAN #554 & AMAZING SPIDER-MAN #555
56 PGS./Rated A …$3.99

Pictures are here.
http://www.marvel.com/news/comicstories.6051.FIRST_LOOK~colon~_February_2009_Spider-Man_Comics

So another mystery finally gets resolved. Although, it is being written by Marc Guggenheim and we all know how he botched the Jackpot reveal. Not to mention that there could be some weeding out of a couple of the new supporting characters by the look of things.

Anyway, prediction time.

My guess is that for issue #585, Harry "shocking pronouncement" is going to be that he accuses Lily of being Menace, or at least connected to Menace, in that he discovers the Goblin equipment missing and accuses her of stealing it. She, in turn, will reveal that she thought Harry was Menace but loved him too much to say anything, even though he hurt her father, and that she "distracted" Peter to protect Harry from Peter "stumbling upon his secret." However, the shock will be that, in the fight with Spidey, Menace will be revealed as Carlie Cooper. Not only that, but she's also the real Spider-Tracer Killer.

Then, after the interlude about Menace's origin in issue #586, I believe where it talks about "Carlie Cooper and Vin Gonzales are in deeper trouble than they thought" is that, since Carlie was Menace, she was secretly working for Dexter Bennet to help Crowne, but he knows that she double-crossed him by really helping Hollister, and so, with his connections, he--or maybe even Crowne or Norman Osborn himself--sent hired thugs after her to clean up loose ends. And in desperation, she turns to Vin for help. Or perhaps Vin has been in cahoots with her this whole time because of his infatuation for her. It's your typical story of people who have gotten in way over their head and who can't see a way out.

Also, based on the cover for issue #586, my guess is that during the fight with Menace and right after he unmasks her as Carlie, she knocks him out and he gets arrested by the authorities. His facing thirty of his deadliest foes then obviously means he's in prison with the bulk of his rogues gallery and he's got to escape before they kill him as well as save his friends.

Naturally, I could be totally wrong about all of this, so we'll see.

So another mystery finally gets resolved. Although, it is being written by Marc Guggenheim and we all know how he botched the Jackpot reveal. Not to mention that there could be some weeding out of a couple of the new supporting characters by the look of things.

Anyway, prediction time.

My guess is that for issue #585, Harry "shocking pronouncement" is going to be that he accuses Lily of being Menace, or at least connected to Menace, in that he discovers the Goblin equipment missing and accuses her of stealing it. She, in turn, will reveal that she thought Harry was Menace but loved him too much to say anything, even though he hurt her father, and that she "distracted" Peter to protect Harry from Peter "stumbling upon his secret." However, the shock will be that, in the fight with Spidey, Menace will be revealed as Carlie Cooper. Not only that, but she's also the real Spider-Tracer Killer.

Then, after the interlude about Menace's origin in issue #586, I believe where it talks about "Carlie Cooper and Vin Gonzales are in deeper trouble than they thought" is that, since Carlie was Menace, she was secretly working for Dexter Bennet to help Crowne, but he knows that she double-crossed him by really helping Hollister, and so, with his connections, he--or maybe even Crowne or Norman Osborn himself--sent hired thugs after her to clean up loose ends. And in desperation, she turns to Vin for help. Or perhaps Vin has been in cahoots with her this whole time because of his infatuation for her. It's your typical story of people who have gotten in way over their head and who can't see a way out.

Also, based on the cover for issue #586, my guess is that during the fight with Menace and right after he unmasks her as Carlie, she knocks him out and he gets arrested by the authorities. His facing thirty of his deadliest foes then obviously means he's in prison with the bulk of his rogues gallery and he's got to escape before they kill him as well as save his friends.

Naturally, I could be totally wrong about all of this, so we'll see.

It would make alot of sense for either [BLACKOUT]Vin[/BLACKOUT] or [BLACKOUT]Carlie[/BLACKOUT] to be menace now that I think about it. [BLACKOUT]Vin[/BLACKOUT] would be a better choice. Making [BLACKOUT]Carlie[/BLACKOUT] menace would make her a throw away character. We just have seen much of [BLACKOUT]her[/BLACKOUT] to really care.

It would make alot of sense for either [blackout]Vin[/blackout] or [blackout]Carlie[/blackout] to be menace now that I think about it. [blackout]Vin[/blackout] would be a better choice. Making [blackout]Carlie[/blackout] menace would make her a throw away character. We just have seen much of [blackout]her[/blackout] to really care.

Except we have seen [BLACKOUT]Menace and Vin [/BLACKOUT]be present at the same place and time, so that's out. And you'd be right about [BLACKOUT]Carlie[/BLACKOUT] about being a throwaway character if revealed to be Menace. Then again, as I stated at the start of the post, the Jackpot reveal made that her a throwaway character for the same reason and was also handled by Guggenheim too, so it would be par for the course for him, in a way.

"...and we come a step closer to revealing the Spider-Tracer Killer...."

Wow....by February 2009 we will be one step closer at least.

Only one issue features an event that will "promises to shake Peter Parker's world to its foundation"....you're slipping, Marvel!

Oh well, I'm not buy ing it anyway, however, ASM: Family sounds like it'll have at least 8 pages of greatness, as usual.

EDIT: I will say this, though, JR JR's artwork on those covers looks incredible!

Oh look, another story that "promises to shake Peter Parker's world to its foundation". Wow, we never get enough of them.

They all sound terrible.

I would be excited but the prospect of Guggenheim writing makes my stomach hurt, JRJR's beautiful work is gona be wasted on this schmuck.

The new GG in Spider-Girl looks like Peter.

The new GG in Spider-Girl looks like Peter.

Because the New Green Goblin IS Peter Parker!
I can't wait for that issue but it is also bittersweet with the following issue being that book's last. :csad:

Except we have seen [blackout]Menace and Vin [/blackout]be present at the same place and time, so that's out. And you'd be right about [blackout]Carlie[/blackout] about being a throwaway character if revealed to be Menace. Then again, as I stated at the start of the post, the Jackpot reveal made that her a throwaway character for the same reason and was also handled by Guggenheim too, so it would be par for the course for him, in a way.

Ah your right....I forgot.
Hopefully the Spider Tracer character is someone we have actually seen before.

I think the jackpot was a result of gauging reader reaction. Its just ridiculously bad...

Ah your right....I forgot.
Hopefully the Spider Tracer character is someone we have actually seen before.

Oh, I'm guessing it's [blackout]Carlie as well[/blackout] and that
she did so to try and advance her career as a forensic scientist by making people who died of natural causes into "murder victims" killed by Spider-Man. Then Dexter Bennet found out about it and she was blackmailed into helping Crowne, resulting in her becoming Menace. But then, as soon as Hollister entered the race, Carlie decided to double cross Bennet et al and secretly help Hollister win the race, thinking she'd be free. Naturally this is what gets her into trouble, not to mention makes her very pathetic.

I think the jackpot was a result of gauging reader reaction. Its just ridiculously bad...

Agreed. And they certainly had more than enough time, considering Jackpot debuted in the Free Comic Book Day Spider-Man issue from last year.

Oh, I'm guessing it's [blackout]Carlie as well[/blackout] and that
she did so to try and advance her career as a forensic scientist by making people who died of natural causes into "murder victims" killed by Spider-Man. Then Dexter Bennet found out about it and she was blackmailed into helping Crowne, resulting in her becoming Menace. But then, as soon as Hollister entered the race, Carlie decided to double cross Bennet et al and secretly help Hollister win the race, thinking she'd be free. Naturally this is what gets her into trouble, not to mention makes her very pathetic.

Agreed. And they certainly had more than enough time, considering Jackpot debuted in the Free Comic Book Day Spider-Man issue from last year.

There's one thing wrong with your theory.
There's waaaaay too much brilliant thought put into it.

remember what happened when everyone was guessing who Jackpot was? Even though there were not many fans that cared about the character I've seen ALOT of well thought out theories about her as well, and look where that got us. lol.

There's one thing wrong with your theory.
There's waaaaay too much brilliant thought put into it.

remember what happened when everyone was guessing who Jackpot was? Even though there were not many fans that cared about the character I've seen ALOT of well thought out theories about her as well, and look where that got us. lol.

Oh, way to burst my bubble when I was on such a roll. :waa::woot:

Oh, way to burst my bubble when I was on such a roll. :waa::woot:

Don't mention it. lol.

I'm going to be skipping Character assassination for 3 reasons.

• Marc "Civil Union" Guggenheim is writing it. I haven't liked any of his Spidey stories.
    While I enjoyed his Flash Thompson issue, his work ranges from nothing special to an amazing debacle.
  • I will not add to the list of numbers in sales supporting Brand New Day or Menace whom is typically an uninteresting goblin character. They should have stopped at Hobgoblin. The goblins are getting as bad as the symbiotes now....
  • Marc Guggenheim revealed Jackpot in the annual. That should have been reason enough...:csad:

The goblins are getting as bad as the symbiotes now....
[/LIST]

Truer words have rarely been spoken. So far, in BND, we've had a NEW symbiote, a NEW Goblin, and a NEW Kraven.

I half expect a NEW Doc Ock to show up soon!

"With Menace unmasked, the whole story of who he is and how he came to be is finally revealed "

^that kinda indicates Menance is a dude.

Menace is...
probably some dude that we never heard before who stumbled into one of Norman's hideouts. I'm gonna call him Righty Cruz... He then was killed by Carlie or Vin in order to become the new Menace...

[blackout]It was a completely new character who we never heard of before, then she died.[/blackout]

Just read the full skinny online. What the heck happened there....!!!!???????

Don't get me wrong, I'm slowly enjoying/understanding the reason for the new status quo, and have really enjoyed some of the storylines/developments since BND, but there clearly has been quite a few things that have either not been thought out, or changed at the last minute for whatever reason.

Jackpot is clearly one of them... While it's annoying, I'm glad it's over in a way. The Jackpot thing was pretty much the only thing that had VERY much irrated me about the new status quo.

Just read the full skinny online. What the heck happened there....!!!!???????

Don't get me wrong, I'm slowly enjoying/understanding the reason for the new status quo, and have really enjoyed some of the storylines/developments since BND, but there clearly has been quite a few things that have either not been thought out, or changed at the last minute for whatever reason.

Jackpot is clearly one of them... While it's annoying, I'm glad it's over in a way. The Jackpot thing was pretty much the only thing that had VERY much irrated me about the new status quo.

It's not over. They've said as much. That Sara chick will probably be the new jackpot. enjoy.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
iamjonahlobe
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"