Comics Spider-man for Febuary 2009

Just read the full skinny online. What the heck happened there....!!!!???????

Don't get me wrong, I'm slowly enjoying/understanding the reason for the new status quo, and have really enjoyed some of the storylines/developments since BND, but there clearly has been quite a few things that have either not been thought out, or changed at the last minute for whatever reason.

Jackpot is clearly one of them... While it's annoying, I'm glad it's over in a way. The Jackpot thing was pretty much the only thing that had VERY much irrated me about the new status quo.

Yeah, man....I think Marvel's looking for a ball....because they dropped it somewhere.

Why make the old Jackpot (wow...old already!!??)...why make the old Jackpot dead already so we have to have a new one this soon!?

Will Menace be some Joe Schmoe and dead and a new one too arriving soon?

We've not fleshed out the old ones yet!! Sheesh.

But that's the problem here, the whole reboot isn't fleshed out...obviously they didn't have a clue who Jackpot should be and made it too obvious it was MJ, despite not wanting to have MJ in the book to remind readers that they are married, even though they're flashing a superhero MJ blatantly in their faces, so at the last minute they made superhero MJ the closest girl they could nab off the street whom nobody had heard of, so now old Jackpot is dead and maybe we'll have a new one. The thing is, why would the "New" JAckpot look and talk like MJ...??...this would get EVEN DUMBER!!!

The new Jackpot would have NO reason to call herself JACKPOT, LOOK LIKE MJ, OR TALK LIKE MJ.

So, thus, the NEW JACKPOT...should be nothing at all like "Jackpot". She'd have a whole NEW name, new way of dressing, new hair, new way to talk, all nothing like MJ...unless the next JAckpot mystery-nobody is a complete baffoon, or they want us to think the new JAckpot is MJ ALSO/AGAIN...until they reveal the new MJ is not MJ either and REALLY throw us for a loop.
Maybe MJ is Sara really and not MJ at all...maybe MJ is now Sara? And the NEW Jackpot could be Black Cat or even a mindwiped Peter controlled by an alien fabric that resembles MJ??

Last edited:
^^^
Exactly. The only reason anyone got remotely interested in Jackpot (or should it be Crackpot as the Spider-Man Crawl Space podcast has dubbed her) was because of the possibility that she could be Mary Jane with super powers. Now that we know who she is, why on earth should we care about a caricature of Spidey's main love interest?

Speaking of which, anyone check out THIS solicit?

MODELS, INC. #1 (of 4)
Written by PAUL TOBIN
Pencils by VIÇENC VILLAGRASSA
Cover by SCOTT CLARK
Fashion Week is always a hectic time for models, and this year is no exception. Between escaped wolves, robbery attempts, and overly friendly police officers, Mary Jane Watson, Patsy Walker, Jill Jerold, Chili Storm and Millicent (Millie the Model) Collins are testing the limits of their endurance. But when a brilliant young set designer is found murdered with three bullet holes in his back, and Millie proves to be the prime suspect, the models are forced to play detective in order to save one of their own!
32 PGS./ Rated A …$3.99
marvel-in-february-2009-20081117075034966.jpg

Why make the old Jackpot (wow...old already!!??)...why make the old Jackpot dead already so we have to have a new one this soon!?

Will Menace be some Joe Schmoe and dead and a new one too arriving soon?

We've not fleshed out the old ones yet!! Sheesh.

But that's the problem here, the whole reboot isn't fleshed out...obviously they didn't have a clue who Jackpot should be and made it too obvious it was MJ, despite not wanting to have MJ in the book to remind readers that they are married, even though they're flashing a superhero MJ blatantly in their faces, so at the last minute they made superhero MJ the closest girl they could nab off the street whom nobody had heard of, so now old Jackpot is dead and maybe we'll have a new one. The thing is, why would the "New" JAckpot look and talk like MJ...??...this would get EVEN DUMBER!!!

The new Jackpot would have NO reason to call herself JACKPOT, LOOK LIKE MJ, OR TALK LIKE MJ.

So, thus, the NEW JACKPOT...should be nothing at all like "Jackpot". She'd have a whole NEW name, new way of dressing, new hair, new way to talk, all nothing like MJ...unless the next JAckpot mystery-nobody is a complete baffoon, or they want us to think the new JAckpot is MJ ALSO/AGAIN...until they reveal the new MJ is not MJ either and REALLY throw us for a loop.
Maybe MJ is Sara really and not MJ at all...maybe MJ is now Sara? And the NEW Jackpot could be Black Cat or even a mindwiped Peter controlled by an alien fabric that resembles MJ??

LOL what amazes me about the storyline (and I haven't seen this addressed anywhere else)

Is how ridiculously out of character Peter Parker was.
He went to great lengths to figure out who Jackpot is/was (while he has a spider tracer killer on the loose framing him and murdering innocent people.)

First of all Peter more than any other hero (now more than ever) should know to respect a persons secret identity and he has in the past.

Than he lectures sara at the end about great power and responsibility.
very poor ish indeed. Blindside seemed like an interesting throw away villian though.

LOL what amazes me about the storyline (and I haven't seen this addressed anywhere else)

Is how ridiculously out of character Peter Parker was.
He went to great lengths to figure out who Jackpot is/was (while he has a spider tracer killer on the loose framing him and murdering innocent people.)

First of all Peter more than any other hero (now more than ever) should know to respect a persons secret identity and he has in the past.

Than he lectures sara at the end about great power and responsibility.
very poor ish indeed. Blindside seemed like an interesting throw away villian though.

Great point. Kevin Cushing also addressed this on the Spider-Man Crawl Space podcast and it certainly is stunning that, as you said, very few people picked up on this. Considering what lengths Peter must have gone to brainwash and brain damage the entire Earth into restoring and protecting his secret identity, he's made out to be a hypocrite of the highest order.

^^^

I, personally, think it is horrible that Pete would let the devil "brain-damage" an entire planet on his elderly Aunt's behalf.

Would she be proud of PEte if she found out Pete gave up his marriage AND brain-damaged the planet on her behalf?? NO..!!

Aunt May would be DISGUSTED to DEATH if she found out she owes her life to the devil, and that Pete threw his wife under the bus, and that the entire planet was brain damaged now because of her. How could Aunt May live with the knowledge of what Pete has done???

She'd be as disgusted as i am about all this, honestly,...no one can argue THAT... ..She'd prolly slap Pete silly and then have a heart attack.

It would seem that Marvel is running out of ways to screw Spidey fans. (c'mon they've reduced to little insults in the book as well as insults in interviews.)

Seems like the next event that "forever rocks the webslinger to his very core" should be called,

Spider-man:Just Shut the @#$% up and give us your money.

BlandNewDayA.jpg

*gags*

Anyone who buys dreck like that, seriously needs a girlfriend.

What is this Image?

Actually, more like Marvel channeling Image from the 90s.:woot:

And I guess this is Marvel's big plan for Mary Jane--have be part of a team of amateur detectives who are fashion models by day. A.k.a. it's Charlie's Angels Marvel style. :rolleyes: .

And I guess this is Marvel's big plan for Mary Jane--have be part of a team of amateur detectives who are fashion models by day. A.k.a. it's Charlie's Angels Marvel style. :rolleyes: .

Gag me with a spoon.

The same mouth-breathers who spent money on the Aunt-May-gets-around 'Trouble' mini-series will probably be this one's readers. I thought we got rid of stuff like this when we got rid of Jemas. :whatever:

I was thinking that it would be kinda like Jossie and the Pussycats or Scooby Doo, but the Charlie's Angels approach makes it a little bit less stupid... Is so Mephisto better be Charlie... unless Charles Xavier is the Next Charlie...

Only one issue features an event that will "promises to shake Peter Parker's world to its foundation"....you're slipping, Marvel!

Oh well, I'm not buy ing it anyway, however, ASM: Family sounds like it'll have at least 8 pages of greatness, as usual.

EDIT: I will say this, though, JR JR's artwork on those covers looks incredible!

So in January Peter's world will be "rocked to its core". And in February his world will be "shaken to its foundation". I suppose that means in March his world will be "turned upside down". :)

What month will the devil show up knocking at Aunt May's door??

^^^
Exactly. The only reason anyone got remotely interested in Jackpot (or should it be Crackpot as the Spider-Man Crawl Space podcast has dubbed her) was because of the possibility that she could be Mary Jane with super powers. Now that we know who she is, why on earth should we care about a caricature of Spidey's main love interest?

Speaking of which, anyone check out THIS solicit?

Oh, cool! I wasnt aware of this. i LOVE old school Marvel, so anything with Millie or Patsy Walker has MY interest.

There's also another cool looking book coming out called "Marvel TV" or something, that deals with tv documentaries covering big events in the Marvel Universe. First up: Galactus.

Im hoping they do something with Spider-Man as well.

I'm going to call
Carlie
as Menace. But
Lily
wouldn't surprise me either.

"As far as we can remember, she's never been married"

Just reading that makes me sick to my stomach.

Anyway, at this point and time I could care less who Menace turns out to be. Marvel already botched up the Jackpot reveal, so I'm not holding out any hope for this one.

"As far as we can remember, she's never been married"

Just reading that makes me sick to my stomach.

Anyway, at this point and time I could care less who Menace turns out to be. Marvel already botched up the Jackpot reveal, so I'm not holding out any hope for this one.

You must be a very queezy person... :oldrazz:

If you read the comments posted below, the reviewer claims he was being sarcastic with that comment...

You must be a very queezy person... :oldrazz:

If you read the comments posted below, the reviewer claims he was being sarcastic with that comment...

But Poor Joe Quesada suffered insomnia thanks to the Watson-Parker marriage... if Ragingdemon155 feels a bit sick because of that comment... he can be... Both sides of the fence can feel sick about the marriage... But I honestly wish that Mr.Q. had cured his insomnia some other way...

But Poor Joe Quesada suffered insomnia thanks to the Watson-Parker marriage... if Ragingdemon155 feels a bit sick because of that comment... he can be... Both sides of the fence can feel sick about the marriage... But I honestly wish that Mr.Q. had cured his insomnia some other way...

When Joe would say that... it would make my eyes hurt from all the rolling...

:whatever: :whatever: :whatever:

:yay:

You know, as embittered as I am with BND, I have yet to actually have a physical or emotional problem because of it.

The only comics to even get my stomach upset were (in order of occurrence) All-Star Batman & Robin #2, where I realized that little kids were reading about Batman, and watching him beat a boy while cursing and callously killing cops. It's STILL the worst single issue to come out in a decade.

The other one was the issue of "The Boys" where they did the "Superheroes could have stopped 911" issue. Sorry, it actually made me sick watching someone make so lightly of such a horrible event not even a decade after it happened. Also, to do it for the sake of an anti-American, anti-superhero story is just too much. I actually dropped the boys after that. Completely tasteless and insensitive, and I say that as someone who doesn't get offended very easily.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
iamjonahlobe
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"