Homecoming Spider-Man Homecoming (2017) General Discussion - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - Part 104

Status
Not open for further replies.
man, get excited for this and all the wacky possibilities it might entail, thats all good and well.

All I'm saying is, if you're invested in the long term future of MCU Spider-Man, there is zero good news to derive from this announcement.
I don't wanna say MCU Spidey is damaged goods & can't ever become definitive but I feel like they can make this Spider-Man the best & most comic-accurate from jump. Cast a fan-favorite like O'Brien or Highmore or go even older with an older Peter like Gallagher Jr. or Radcliffe. Hell, Sanchez mentioned Jake Gyllenhaal & I think he'd still be amazing. Give him a badass comic-accurate suit & make him the quipping machine he is in the comics. Avi Arad would likely do everything he can to win the fans because a lot of them are going to be pissed, confused or both. That's how he can win us over by giving us the best Spider-Man we've ever seen

Absolutely nothing about this is good. It disrespects the deal. Why make a deal at all if you were just gonna continue a dying franchise for asm. Just make asm 3 if you wanted to continue the story.

Because Sony doesn't care about the fans, they just want money.

you wanna get nuts? Well then c'mon, lets get nuts.

getnuts.JPG

man, get excited for this and all the wacky possibilities it might entail, thats all good and well.

All I'm saying is, if you're invested in the long term future of MCU Spider-Man, there is zero good news to derive from this announcement.
Well we can only hope that the MCU gets to then control their own Spider-Man. Then again I don't believe we will get 2 separate Spider-Man movies a year.

Just seems like they are messing up a good thing if this eventually upsets the MCU. I have little faith in Sony carrying this on.

I don't wanna say MCU Spidey is damaged goods & can't ever become definitive but I feel like they can make this Spider-Man the best & most comic-accurate from jump. Cast a fan-favorite like O'Brien or Highmore or go even older with an older Peter like Gallagher Jr. or Radcliffe. Hell, Sanchez mentioned Jake Gyllenhaal & I think he'd still be amazing. Give him a badass comic-accurate suit & make him the quipping machine he is in the comics. Avi Arad would likely do everything he can to win the fans because a lot of them are going to be pissed, confused or both. That's how he can win us over by giving us the best Spider-Man we've ever seen

so you mean to tell me that you trust Sony to come up with a better Spider-Man than Marvel Studios

alright, I believe I've worn out my welcome on the spider-boards lol.

Absolutely nothing about this is good. It disrespects the deal. Why make a deal at all if you were just gonna continue a dying franchise for asm. Just make asm 3 if you wanted to continue the story.

1) We only know a few things about the deal, one of which being that Sony characters can show up in MCU and vice-versa. If this disrespected the deal, then surely Miles having his own animated film would be an issue too but that's still going.

2) It's not set in stone that ASM would continue.

so you mean to tell me that you trust Sony to come up with a better Spider-Man than Marvel Studios

Chip, this is harry we're talking about.

This man once posted that Avi Arad has a better understanding of the Spider-Man character than Marvel does. Unironically so.

Well, they were pretty damn close to the perfect Spider-Man in TASM series. It was like an experiment. Disregard everything else about it. They can take what they did and improve upon (make him less of a *****e) give him an amazing costume.

I can just imagine in 5-10 years, Avi working in a toy factory at hasbro, putting heads on Spider-Man figures as they come down the conveyer belt, and he has that classic smile with the amazing spider-man hat he so dearly loves and his signature blue glasses.

Venom will be bad. Isn't a funny character like Deadpool and isn't a well loved character with 17 years of film history either. Also Sony.

Rhett Reese and Paul Wernick talked about it quite a few times the last time it had Spider-man ties was when Gary Ross was apart of the project & it was connected with the Sam raimi Verse but then got scrapped

I'm fairly certain every single bit of info released about the Venom solo movie they've had in development has said it's not going to have Spider-man and will be separate from what the MCU is doing. Even if I didn't already know that, I'd know that they're not going to add Peter in this. They're dumb, but no one is that dumb.

Rhett Reese and Paul Wernick talked about it quite a few times the last time it had Spider-man ties was when Gary Ross was apart of the project & it was connected with the Sam raimi Verse but then got scrapped
Okay, their pitch was declined by Sony & I'm not finding any interviews where they flat out said Spidey's not in it.
I'm fairly certain every single bit of info released about the Venom solo movie they've had in development has said it's not going to have Spider-man and will be separate from what the MCU is doing. Even if I didn't already know that, I'd know that they're not going to add Peter in this. They're dumb, but no one is that dumb.

When was it said Spidey wouldn't be in it?

And if he's not, & it's not even connected to TASM then I'm not interested. I can't imagine Arad turning this into a VINO like Catwoman

They could easily do Venom vs Carnage without Spider-Man

That was a while ago, dude. Last time Spider-Man was connected was 3 years ago with TASM series still in place. If they need him in, he'll be in. Doesn't have to be a big role but he'll be in all things considered.

here's something to consider

do you guys truly believe that Marvel would allow Sony to cast another live action spider-man without taking legal recourse?

I'm not too brushed up on the details of the agreement, but I feel like that is something that Marvel would be vehemently against before agreeing to a deal. Like Marvel would say to sony "We are not agreeing to a deal where you can cast another live action spider-man in a separate universe only to cause further confusion"

The most I could see is a brief flashback of someone in a Spider-man costume going through the motions of a symbiote origin story. No Peter, no Peter supporting cast. No way Marvel would allow another Peter apart from Holland.

here's something to consider

do you guys truly believe that Marvel would allow Sony to cast another live action spider-man without taking legal recourse?

I'm not too brushed up on the details of the agreement, but I feel like that is something that Marvel would be vehemently against before agreeing to a deal.
hmm... IIRC, the movie rights are still with Sony, MS just has the allowance to play with Sony's character for a limited time and Sony still has the last word when it comes to creative dcisions

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
anarchomando1
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"