• Secure your account

A friendly reminder to our users, please make sure your account is safe. Make sure you update your password and have an active email address to recover or change your password.

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Homecoming Spider-Man Homecoming (2017) General Discussion - - - - - - - - - - - - Part 89

Status
Not open for further replies.
Eh, I understand them probably wanting some MCU connectivity but personally it seems unnecessary.

It feels weird to have what looks to be described as the film's main villain (even though behind the scenes) have a personal vendetta against Tony Stark in a Spider-Man film. That would indirectly also make Vulture and Shocker "spawns" from an Iron Man villain. Anyways, it's only a rumour from a site that's very hit or miss (mostly miss). I hope it's not true.

Perhaps he could be an ex employee of Stark Industries, but have him be mad against everyone instead of Tony, you know?

Also, what will be Vulture's motivation? Will he also be an ex employee like in TSSM, who's angry? That would feel redundant now if Tinkerer has that same motivation.

It makes sense for him to be a former Stark Industries employee. It shows Stark's connection to the plot and a wider connection to the MCU. The personal vendetta against Stark is a little weird, but maybe that part of the rumor isn't true.

It feels weird to have what looks to be described as the film's main villain (even though behind the scenes) have a personal vendetta against Tony Stark in a Spider-Man film. That would indirectly also make Vulture and Shocker "spawns" from an Iron Man villain. Anyways, it's only a rumour from a site that's very hit or miss (mostly miss). I hope it's not true.

Perhaps he could be an ex employee of Stark Industries, but have him be mad against everyone instead of Tony, you know?

Also, what will be Vulture's motivation? Will he also be an ex employee like in TSSM, who's angry? That would feel redundant now if Tinkerer has that same motivation.
^ That's what i'm wondering. If Tinkerer seemingly has Toomes' classic motivation, where does that leave him? Is he just a street guy who happens to be hired by Mason or something?

As I said on the forum before, we don't know if Toomes will be an ex-employee of Oscorp still or not too. And maybe the rumored report is wrong as Tinkerer works for Oscorp and not Stark. Remember we still don't know who Logan-Marshall Green is and personally I would rather see the Osborns and Starks be rivals, but the main villain and secondary villains still have some connection to Peter Parker and his universe versus Tony's. Otherwise, there's going to be too much Iron Man in a Spider-Man film.

^ That's what i'm wondering. If Tinkerer seemingly has Toomes' classic motivation, where does that leave him? Is he just a street guy who happens to be hired by Mason or something?

Maybe they'll have Tombstone acting as the big bad in the HS trilogy (kinda like the 'Big Man' plot in TSSM) and maybe he's got Vulture on a leash (could be he's got his family being watched or something) and because Spidey's been ruining some of his deals he hires Tinkerer as well as Vulture to take down Spidey.

Just a fan theory

It makes sense for him to be a former Stark Industries employee. It shows Stark's connection to the plot and a wider connection to the MCU. The personal vendetta against Stark is a little weird, but maybe that part of the rumor isn't true.

To me, if this rumour is true, this whole thing of things turning bad because of Tony has become a broken record. We saw it in Iron Man 3 and The Avengers 2 already. I personally don't feel the need to see it again even though it makes for a connection to the MCU. It feels worse to have that story in a Spider-Man film. Granted, we don't know yet how they'll connect it to Spider-Man, but so far I'm skeptical of this.

Yeah, I feel that Vulture needs to be more than a bank robber to be interesting. I'm not jumping the gun just yet, but I hope they give Toomes and interesting motivation that goes beyond him wanting to get rich or something.

Here's the thing, though, realistically, everything DOESN'T have to go back to Stark. In fact, it doesn't make sense in a shared universe for everything to be tied to him, and especially with Spider-Man. Vulture could have easily been the connection wit him having invented the flight harness.

Bring back rights to Marvel!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Oh wait... just put a bullet in me please, somebody please!!

To me, if this rumour is true, this whole thing of things turning bad because of Tony has become a broken record. We saw it in Iron Man 3 and The Avengers 2 already. I personally don't feel the need to see it again even though it makes for a connection to the MCU. It feels worse to have that story in a Spider-Man film. Granted, we don't know yet how they'll connect it to Spider-Man, but so far I'm skeptical of this.

Yeah, I feel that Vulture needs to be more than a bank robber to be interesting. I'm not jumping the gun just yet, but I hope they give Toomes and interesting motivation that goes beyond him wanting to get rich or something.

Just as long as it's not, "Oh, I need to rob banks to pay for my kid or wife's operation" or some stupid added on family crisis we've seen over and over again in the "Spider-Man" films.

Just as long as it's not, "Oh, I need to rob banks to pay for my kid or wife's operation" or some stupid added on family crisis we've seen over and over again in the "Spider-Man" films.

Yeah I'd hate that haha!

Here's the thing, though, realistically, everything DOESN'T have to go back to Stark. In fact, it doesn't make sense in a shared universe for everything to be tied to him, and especially with Spider-Man. Vulture could have easily been the connection wit him having invented the flight harness.

I didn't say everything had to go back to Stark. Originally, I wanted Toomes to be the one who invented Falcon's wings and he got screwed over. Maybe Toomes was in the Air Force, but it is what it is. No need to panic over it when we haven't seen any footage yet or even know if the Tinkerer/ Stark rumor is true.

I didn't say everything had to go back to Stark. Originally, I wanted Toomes to be the one who invented Falcon's wings and he got screwed over. Maybe Toomes was in the Air Force, but it is what it is. No need to panic over it when we haven't seen any footage yet or even know if the Tinkerer/ Stark rumor is true.

And that might still be able to be the case here. He got screwed over with the Falcon tech. He wants to make a better suit and get some kind of revenge and thus teams up with The Tinkerer, who wants to prove that it was a bad move to fire him. They team up since their motives go hand in hand with each other.

And that might still be able to be the case here. He got screwed over with the Falcon tech. He wants to make a better suit and get some kind of revenge and thus teams up with The Tinkerer, who wants to prove that it was a bad move to fire him. They team up since their motives go hand in hand with each other.

I like it :up:

Who cares if we haven't seen any footage? How is thatt going to make a differrence? And why not assume it's true? It makes sense and is in line with Marvel force fricking Iron Man into Peter's life. Why not just have the villains spawn from him too.

Hopefully you're right. Like a lot of you, I thought the natural MCU connection was to make Toomes the inventor of the Falcon tech who was screwed over by Osborn, a rival of Stark. Again, similar to episode one of SSM.

I love it when people listen to eh maybe :funny:

Wasn't him, another reporter for their site who seems pretty genuine and trustworthy

Does Mayimbe even write for HH now he's been hired by the Wrap?

Wasn't him, another reporter for their site who seems pretty genuine and trustworthy

Does Mayimbe even write for HH now he's been hired by the Wrap?
Boom.

Buyer's remorse syndrome is kicking in

This to me is the most logical of possible ideas.

You connect the overall already established universe but you still keep this a Spider-Man film versus Iron Man stealing Spider-Man's thunder. I'm sure there will still be a big action set-piece at the end where Iron Man and Spider-Man team up with the eventual Iron Man saying, "You did good, kid. I'm headed out; I've got nothing more to train you. You're an official Avenger and keep protecting New York" or some endearing speech like that.

At least Spidey was th center of that terrible spinoff universe and wasn't anybody's ***** like this version

He isn't anyone's ***** in this universe either. Some people on here just get mortally offended by Spider-Man not being treated like the second coming of Jesus by the rest of the MCU.

At least Spidey was th center of that terrible spinoff universe and wasn't anybody's ***** like this version

I'd rather have Spider-Man admire Tony Stark than having his parents steal Uncle Ben's thunder, for example.

I feel that even though there's a risk of having Tony Stark take up too much space, it's not nearly as bad as how Sony treated the Spider-Man lore in the TASM franchise, if they get most things right.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"