• We experienced a brief downtime due to a Xenforo server configuration update. This was an attempt to limit bot traffic. They have rolled back and the site is now operating normally. Apologies for the inconvinience.

Homecoming Spider-Man Homecoming (2017) General Discussion - - - - - - - - - - - - Part 89

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well spidey being my second favorite hero I'm ok with the MCU connections but I get why others aren't digging it. But this is Marvel Studios we're talking about they get their heroes but their villains could use some work. So that's what I'm more worried about. I think some of us should clam down and wait and see.

Tinkerer isn't even the main villain

I don't see how him having a connection to Stark is a problem

If anything it makes it less likely we'll be getting the mentor thing and more likely Stark will get drawn into the plot in a more natural way

Let's chill until we get more details

Tinkerer isn't even the main villain

I don't see how him having a connection to Stark is a problem

If anything it makes it less likely we'll be getting the mentor thing and more likely Stark will get drawn into the plot in a more natural way

Let's chill until we get more details
It's a problem because it's forced. Adrian creating Falcon's wings would've been way more natural and less contrived, it fit like a puzzle

But no, they had make the plot related to Stark in some way. :whatever: :whatever:

We'll see.

This is EXACTLY what I was referring to when I said some people have knee-jerk reactions to the extreme over every bit of information released. Like you can disagree with the creative choices and have civilized conversations about them rather than overreacting like a 5 year old :whatever:

It's a problem because it's forced. Adrian creating Falcon's wings would've been way more natural and less contrived, it fit like a puzzle

But no, they had make the plot related to Stark in some way. :whatever: :whatever:

We'll see.

What happened to your avatar?

We'll see.

I mean you were getting Stark either way. I'd say it's better to have him fit the plot in terms of one of the side villains having a connection to him, rather than him being behind the main villain or showing up solely to mentor Peter and audition for the Avengers or whatever that rumour was.

Feige is a huge Spidey fan; but more importantly, RDJ is a huge Spidey fan too, and he's spoken nothing but highly of Tom. He's not going to sabotage the movie.

And hey - it was probably Sony who wanted an Avenger in there anyway, to ensure the monies. So there's where the fingers should be pointing. :oldrazz:

kevin-feige.jpg

It's gonna be funny if it turns out this was just another stupid rumor.

I don't know what the point of your reply was seeing as I was countering the point that Holland's Spidey is nothing like Peter Parker, and was thus pointing out that he does have Peter's characteristics. At no point did I compare him to Toby or Andrew

The point of my reply was to oppose the seeming general consensus that Holland was the definitive Spider-Man, when both previous live action film versions had those same Spider-Man characteristics to varying degrees. The thing that upsets me so much about Spider-Man in Civil War is he seems forced and unnatural. He almost seems like a "fanboy focus group" version of Spider-Man. It was like ok he has to be a science genius so let's have him create his Web fluid. He has to be funny and talkative during battle but we can't have his personality be redundant to Robert Downey jr so we will have other characters comment on him "not shutting up" even though he's not talking during the fight anymore than any of the other Avengers. He has to mention with great power comes great responsibility, so let's have him say a line that essentially means that same thing only worded differently. He has to be extremely strong so let's do an homage to one of the most emotionally powerful and iconic images in Spider-Man history but instead of putting that into an emotionally gripping storyline where Aunt May is in danger and Spider-Man has to push himself past his physical limits to beyond his breaking point, we will just shoehorn it into a glorified sparring session between two groups of heroes where some heavy object falls onto Spider-Man and he supports it. Underwhelming and disappointing,, and that isn't even mentioning how Parker was made into Stark's easily manipulated lap dog sidekick.

She did invite him back to her place for drinks once in an email.

From what I remember it was literally along the lines of

"yes good to here from u yes y no come back my place and have dinner..... we talk more den"

Someone please find it

The point of my reply was to oppose the seeming general consensus that Holland was the definitive Spider-Man, when both previous live action film versions had those same Spider-Man characteristics to varying degrees. The thing that upsets me so much about Spider-Man in Civil War is he seems forced and unnatural. He almost seems like a "fanboy focus group" version of Spider-Man. It was like ok he has to be a science genius so let's have him create his Web fluid. He has to be funny and talkative during battle but we can't have his personality be redundant to Robert Downey jr so we will have other characters comment on him "not shutting up" even though he's not talking during the fight anymore than any of the other Avengers. He has to mention with great power comes great responsibility, so let's have him say a line that essentially means that same thing only worded differently. He has to be extremely strong so let's do an homage to one of the most emotionally powerful and iconic images in Spider-Man history but instead of putting that into an emotionally gripping storyline where Aunt May is in danger and Spider-Man has to push himself past his physical limits to beyond his breaking point, we will just shoehorn it into a glorified sparring session between two groups of heroes where some heavy object falls onto Spider-Man and he supports it. Underwhelming and disappointing,, and that isn't even mentioning how Parker was made into Stark's easily manipulated lap dog sidekick.
:up: :applaud You're the man. Damn, Feige talks a good game but everything they've don is the opposite of what he promised and there seems to be a lack of understanding of the core of the character. You summed it up perfectly.

Last edited:
At least now I can separate the people that are being fairly concerned over things from the people who are just stirring the pot to stir it/ wanting it to bomb without even seeing a second of footage. The people who are assuming things that we aren't even sure of yet will be the people I laugh at after I leave the theatre...

At least now I can separate the people that are being fairly concerned over things from the people who are just stirring the pot to stir it/ wanting it to bomb without even seeing a second of footage. The people who are assuming things that we aren't even sure of yet will be the people I laugh at after I leave the theatre...
You just contradicted yourself in your own post. If we're assuming things we, in no way, can assume is a sure thing, how can you assume that we'll all be proven wrong to the point where you walk out of the theater laughing?

Your posts are a joy to read.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"