"HUNKA HUNKA" - The Absolutely Worst CBM Scenes Ever Done

I know it's redundant at this point to suggest another scene from BVS, but for me the most offensive moment came in the beginning when Lois and co. are in the desert.

I didn't even know that guy was supposedly Jimmy Olsen, frankly I didn't even care. Seeing an innocent gunned down at point blank range like that, and in such visceral fashion, in a SUPERMAN movie... to be honest I couldn't even believe it. It boggles my mind that WB thought that was appropriate. To make matters worse Superman lands right when Lois's life is put in danger, as if the film thinks she's the only person worth saving or caring about.

I know, I know... Superman arriving just in the nick of time to stop the gunman and save the day would have been too 'Superman'. God forbid.

Any who...

Doubled down on the juvenile humor for whatever reason
[YT]werMNrNcO-A[/YT]

That was freakin' hilarious. Sorry Rocket is the freaking most awesome CBM hero ever, if you disagree you are wrong. ;)

That was freakin' hilarious. Sorry Rocket is the freaking most awesome CBM hero ever, if you disagree you are wrong. ;)

Got nothing against Rocket. Fav Guardian in these flicks. Just a literally crappy joke.

Crappy joke? Maybe.
One of the absolute worst CBM scenes ever? Not even close.

I don't have that tolerance level for Gunn's potty humor.

You know the MCU would retcon the alien dragon stuff and tie it into Doctor Strange stuff, kinda like making Lady Death Hela. Right thing to do on both IMO

I know no such thing. Its equally as plausibly, if not much moreso, that they'd say the rings are alien tech, or Asgard-style technomagic.

The entirety of X3
The Martha scene in BVS was just cringeworthy
Clark Kent, a reporter, not knowing who Bruce Wayne was in BVS :whatever:
Peter's emo phase in Spiderman 3
Deadpool in Wolverine
Talia's death in TDKR
Pepper Potts and the extremis mess in Iron Man 3

The list goes on and on!

Why? The Mandarin has nothing to do with Dr Strange in the comics, and doesn't practice magic. Also, while his rings are technically described as magical, he got them from an alien space craft, and otherwise there's zip occult about them in function.

Well he does practice mysticism. Chi-channeling, rituals to enhance some of his tech, that sort of thing. That said, the vibe is more like an Indiana Jones mystic villain or The Hand or Ra's Al Ghul, rather than a Doc Strange type wild reality warper.

Chi-channeling, sure, but I can't recall any cases where he actually used ritual magic. I don't know every Mandarin story, granted, but I'm comfortable saying that, if it has appeared? Its a pretty far outlier in terms of his overall schtick.

I recently watched Double Toasted do their two-part Bad Movie Roast of Captain America (1990). I think every scene in that movie deserves a spot on this list lol. Talk about some straight-up trash.

I recently watched Double Toasted do their two-part Bad Movie Roast of Captain America (1990). I think every scene in that movie deserves a spot on this list lol. Talk about some straight-up trash.
I remember being in high school and renting the VHS of that movie at the grocery store (a sentence my kids will never understand) one night after work. I don’t think that I’ve ever been that disappointed.

I remember being in high school and renting the VHS of that movie at the grocery store (a sentence my kids will never understand) one night after work. I don’t think that I’ve ever been that disappointed.

I saw it when I was like 11 or 12 and, to my shame, I remember liking it at the time. I clearly had no idea what a good Captain America movie was, or what good movies were in general.

Although I do remember trying to watch the Reb Brown “Captain America II” TV movie a little while after that and thinking it was absolute garbage so I guess I had some(?) idea of what bad cinema was.

Baby in a microwave

I haven’t seen the movie yet but I watched Muschietti’s “breakdown” of that scene. Who in their right mind thought that was a good idea. It’s just a ripoff of the (much better) Quicksilver scene from DOFP only awful and with the dancing baby from Ally McBeal. Abysmal.

I haven’t seen the movie yet but I watched Muschietti’s “breakdown” of that scene. Who in their right mind thought that was a good idea. It’s just a ripoff of the (much better) Quicksilver scene from DOFP only awful and with the dancing baby from Ally McBeal. Abysmal.

It was Mushiettis idea. Apparently the original setpiece was a volcano or something

It was Mushiettis idea. Apparently the original setpiece was a volcano or something

Well then, I’m glad he stuck to his guns and gave us the dumbest scene in a superhero movie since Shaq kidnapped a woman in a wheelchair.

ExaltedDiligentEgg-size_restricted.gif

FPXbef5XIAUnh6D.jpg

By far the whole opening museum fight/diamond hockey playing from Batman & Robin, so ridiculous and painful and aggravating and makes the film so terrible right from then, also most of Superman III and Supergirl.

Spider-Man sloppily nearly killing people in Homecoming and Far From Home.

The post-credits scenes from Far From Home.

Any time Routh rehashed Reeve’s lines in Superman Returns. His bland, lifeless delivery was just painful to watch when compared to how great Reeve was.

Not a movie but… (Secret Invasion spoiler ahead)

IMG-1213.jpg

I feel bad for Emilia Clarke. Talented, charismatic actress who could have played any number of awesome Marvel characters and they stuck her with this. And she’s not even bad in the show; I liked her character. But sadly this will be all that people remember.

That was one of the most wonderfully silly scenes I've witnessed. I love the way she flopped onto those life size dolls when she hit the asphalt. It's like they didn't even try to hide the fact it was a pair of dummies wrapped around a stunt woman. Kudos to them for not going with digital body doubles, I suppose.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"