"HUNKA HUNKA" - The Absolutely Worst CBM Scenes Ever Done

I debated offering my daughter $10 if we could leave the theater after this moment, and there were many more painful ones to come.

Q7CNdz7.gif

Yeah I don't get it. It's not a Letoker or EisenLuthor scenario where, this is what we got for ten years deal with it. Iron Man 4 will have the real Mandarin, and he'll be better for it after Doctor Strange.

Why? The Mandarin has nothing to do with Dr Strange in the comics, and doesn't practice magic. Also, while his rings are technically described as magical, he got them from an alien space craft, and otherwise there's zip occult about them in function.

Why? The Mandarin has nothing to do with Dr Strange in the comics, and doesn't practice magic. Also, while his rings are technically described as magical, he got them from an alien space craft, and otherwise there's zip occult about them in function.

You know the MCU would retcon the alien dragon stuff and tie it into Doctor Strange stuff, kinda like making Lady Death Hela. Right thing to do on both IMO

You know the MCU would retcon the alien dragon stuff and tie it into Doctor Strange stuff, kinda like making Lady Death Hela. Right thing to do on both IMO

What do you mean would? Isn't "All hail the King" canon?

Wonder Woman's entrance was one of the only three cool parts of BvS.

How about the scene where the World's Greatest Detective needs to be reminded of his secret identity? Lego Batdouche could have been called "Solobat Grundy."

Any who...

Doubled down on the juvenile humor for whatever reason
[YT]werMNrNcO-A[/YT]

"For whatever reason".

A good portion of the humor in Vol. 2 didn't work for me, but my audience lapped it up.

I swear sometimes there are people in audiences who are paid to laugh.

They literally laugh at every little joke, even ones that are shown in trailers a million times.

There's also the artificial inflation of Drax laughing which I wasn't at all expecting to be that overused.

I like the part where no one in my midnight screening clapped and its just like a 5 second close up of Wonder Woman staring constipated at the screen.

I went opening night and it was one of the weirdest theater experiences I've had. Firstly, I bursted out laughing when little Bruce was lifted up by the bats which gave me a lot of stares cuz I was the only one who found it ridiculous I'm guessing. Secondly, you could tell 5 to 10 people in the packed house were loving every second of the film, clapping, cheering, whisperings of "that's WW!". But the rest of the theater everyone was silent throughout; they were bored, confused, and generally just checked out. It was quite the hilarious disconnect that kind of embodies the movie's reception in a nutshell.

I went opening night and it was one of the weirdest theater experiences I've had. Firstly, I bursted out laughing when little Bruce was lifted up by the bats which gave me a lot of stares cuz I was the only one who found it ridiculous I'm guessing. Secondly, you could tell 5 to 10 people in the packed house were loving every second of the film, clapping, cheering, whisperings of "that's WW!". But the rest of the theater everyone was silent throughout; they were bored, confused, and generally just checked out. It was quite the hilarious disconnect that kind of embodies the movie's reception in a nutshell.

I remember actually saying out loud, "What the f***?" when little Bruce got lifted up by the bats. I don't remember much about the crowd in my theater but I do remember a little kid crying at the end of the movie, I'm guessing because Superman died. Back in the run-up to BvS, there were rumors that Superman was going to die in the film and I said that ending the film on a downer would be a bad move. I know they were attempting to do the whole Gandalf thing--kill off a key character in a powerful and emotional way even though it's totally obvious he's coming back--but to pull that off you have to do it just right (like they did in Fellowship of the Ring and the Balrog scene). BvS didn't do that.

I remember actually saying out loud, "What the f***?" when little Bruce got lifted up by the bats. I don't remember much about the crowd in my theater but I do remember a little kid crying at the end of the movie, I'm guessing because Superman died. Back in the run-up to BvS, there were rumors that Superman was going to die in the film and I said that ending the film on a downer would be a bad move. I know they were attempting to do the whole Gandalf thing--kill off a key character in a powerful and emotional way even though it's totally obvious he's coming back--but to pull that off you have to do it just right (like they did in Fellowship of the Ring and the Balrog scene). BvS didn't do that.

Glad I wasn't alone! I was bored halfway through and knew the movie had major backlash so I was looking around and trying to gauge the vibe as attentively as possible.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Otewe2001
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"