No Way Home Spider-Man: No Way Home General News & Discussion Thread (TAG SPOILERS)

Man hearing Garfield talk so passionately about his interactions with Tom and Tobey only gets me more excited about seeing the BTS stuff whenever this movie officially comes out.

I really hope Sony goes all out for those special features, because this movie has made more than money to justify it and I believe they could make even more money if they give the fans what they really want to see.

I just need to see all three them sitting together and talking and I can die a happy man lol.

Seeing as the writers said Tobey and Andrew was originally supposed to be brought in by a Marvel character(I assume not Doctor Strange or else they would’ve said so) maybe it was Chavez?

Last edited:
I finally was able to see this last night. I understand all Avi Arad's done for Marvel even up to Phase 1 of the MCU annd maybe this has already been covered but what was with the personalized shoutout during the credits?

I'm really glad Andrew Garfield was able to close his 'personal' arc, so to speak, regarding his experience acting as Spider-Man. You could always hear how he didn't fully enjoy his time working on those films, and I'm sure No Way Home closed some of those wounds. At least that's what it looks like when you hear him talking about it now.

This doesn't make sense to me. If they bring in Spider-Gwen to meet Andrew's SM they risk ruining Andrew's entire character arc.
Not at all. Especially if they can find a way to squeeze Garfield into Morbius. Morbius is a culmination of all the Spidey content (Raimi, Webb, Venom content) so they could easily write in that the events of No Way Home altered the universe he goes back to (a completely human Connors was returned too) so I could easily see Stone back as Spider-Gwen and have it be emotional for both of them, they both lost their Gwen/Peter. It would work for sure. In fact, I actually believe Sony delayed Morbius again intentionally, to get Garfield in there. That's my little conspiracy theory though.

Not at all. Especially if they can find a way to squeeze Garfield into Morbius. Morbius is a culmination of all the Spidey content (Raimi, Webb, Venom content) so they could easily write in that the events of No Way Home altered the universe he goes back to (a completely human Connors was returned too) so I could easily see Stone back as Spider-Gwen and have it be emotional for both of them, they both lost their Gwen/Peter. It would work for sure. In fact, I actually believe Sony delayed Morbius again intentionally, to get Garfield in there. That's my little conspiracy theory though.

For me, bringing Gwen back would be like if Uncle Ben was brought back to life.

Gwen needs to stay dead IMO.

For me, bringing Gwen back would be like if Uncle Ben was brought back to life.

Gwen needs to stay dead IMO.
I would agree with you if they ever established MJ. In hindsight, I'm very glad they cut Woodley out of the movie. One of the best things about those Webb movies was Gwen & Peter. The best one-screen couple in any superhero movie, ever. And you have the opportunity to make those two heroes now? You go for it, without a doubt.

I would agree with you if they ever established MJ. In hindsight, I'm very glad they cut Woodley out of the movie. One of the best things about those Webb movies was Gwen & Peter. The best one-screen couple in any superhero movie, ever. And you have the opportunity to make those two heroes now? You go for it, without a doubt.

Not too late to introduce MJ (NOT Woodley's) in a potential TASM3.

I can't wrap my mind around having Andrew's Peter meet Spider-Gwen. I can't. It undermines the death of Gwen completely and makes it meaningless. Moreover Spidey is inherently lonely and struggles to balance his regular world and his superhero world. Adding Spider-Gwen to the mix would make Andrew's Peter's life far easier as he would have a constant superhero lover by his side to confide in. Also introducing Gwen would remove the opportunity for Andrew's Peter to become a better person and heal by learning to live with his past mistakes that led to Gwen's demise. Bringing back Gwen would undermine both Gwen's and Peter's arc IMO.

Last edited:
I think they may play on the differences between the 3 spider-men now. rather than assuming they all need to go the same direction. Thats my guess.

I think the MCU started this by creating a new alternative MJ. differentiating it from the other 2.

So Gwen being the main love interest of TASM era. and Mary Jane Watson was Raimi Spider-man love interest.

MTTSH is one of the few legit scoopers who reported on accurate NWH leaks. Her record isn't spotless, but I'd say it's about right 90% of the time.

I'm certainly up for a proper Tobey comeback.

I'll believe it when I see it. The movie just came out. I am sure conversations happened, but I also doubt anything official has happened. Outside maybe voicing for Across the Spiderverse

Not too late to introduce MJ (NOT Woodley's) in a potential TASM3.

I can't wrap my mind around having Andrew's Peter meet Spider-Gwen. I can't. It undermines the death of Gwen completely and makes it meaningless. Moreover Spidey is inherently lonely and struggles to balance his regular world and his superhero world. Adding Spider-Gwen to the mix would make Andrew's Peter's life far easier as he would have a constant superhero lover by his side to confide in. Also introducing Gwen would remove the opportunity for Andrew's Peter to become a better person and heal by learning to live with his past mistakes that led to Gwen's demise. Bringing back Gwen would undermine both Gwen's and Peter's arc IMO.
You do understand that Spider-Gwen, and the Gwen Stacy that Peter fails to save are two different characters, and not the same Gwen Stacy, right? Spider-Gwen showing up doesn't make his Gwen any less dead, it doesn't change what happened or remove his trauma, if anything it would re-open the wound and allow for new ways to explore it. He would have to accept that this other Gwen is not the same person he knew, he would not have any history with her, and their dynamic would be very different.

Last edited:
I don't really have an interest in seeing Spider-Gwen and Andrew's Spider-Man getting together, but them meeting would be interesting. Just to see some character interactions.

I would be interested in seeing his Peter meeting his own version of MJ, which this movie seemed to be setting up based on his conversation with Tobey. Think there's a lot of interesting things you can do with that kind of thing.

Wonder if Sony/Disney ever found who was leaking all this stuff. Especially the pics that were sent to Campea. Boy, in retrospect, Campea must've felt crummy for leaking those.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
osayi
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"