Spider-Man: No Way Home General News & Discussion Thread (TAG SPOILERS)

Discussion in 'Spider-Man: No Way Home' started by flickchick85, Feb 24, 2021.

1. PBisawsem2B Registered

I feel like publicity was the reason the initial posters were so bad. They knew people would talk about them on Twitter and social media, in turn advertising the film to people who maybe didn't know a new Spidey movie was coming out.

Also, the better posters being released now might be part of a larger strategy to convince reluctant people to go see the film.

#12826 PBisawsem2B, Jan 21, 2022
    Last edited: Jan 21, 2022
  2. FunkMiller Failed Experiment

Finally got round to seeing this, and my main takeaway is that boy did Andrew Garfield get short changed in the crappy movies they had him in. He’s the best thing in this by far.

flickchick85 likes this.
  3. Nardz937 In The Chill Of Night

4. DCnightwing23 Registered

Random thought nugget - Nick Fury is a low-key villain these days. Leaves Earth to avoid dealing with all of the following:

- Civil War
    - Infinity War & Endgame
    - Doesn't defend/protect Peter from the government

Just let all of this happen while we see in a mediocre end credit scene that he's just chilling in space getting chunky af. You mean to tell me he couldn't communicate with the Skulls on Earth to protect Peter? The government clearly knew where he was as mentioned in NWH. This all then leads to the events of NWH and MVOM. When a simple call to help Peter out of a jam would have sufficed. Yeah, you could say "well, people still would've known he was Spider-Man" and? So what, the only reason it's an issue is that people think he's a murderer. The Skrulls pretending to be Fury knew who the true villain was, so why not assist? Crazy.

Fury & Stark are low-key villains imo. Fury conveniently staying out of key conflicts. Stark laughing at the creation of Ultron, which leads to the deaths of hundreds of thousands (around there) and then blaming the Avengers cleaning up his mess, and pushing the accords on them.

#12829 DCnightwing23, Jan 22, 2022
    Last edited: Jan 22, 2022
    Spidey_62 likes this.
  5. Frodo Registered

6. Detective Conan Registered

7. metaphysician Not a Side-Kick

Um, Fury didn't have a chance to do anything re: Infinity War and Endgame. He got Snapped. Also, he's not "chilling" offworld, he's clearly involved in something related to the Skrulls and some kind of space operation. While its plot mandated dumbness that he did nothing for Peter in NWH, its not even like he was the only one, there should have been tons of people over in London, official government and otherwise, who could have given a "What the hell is this nonsense?" phone call.

8. The Caped Knight Shield Avenger

9. kguillou Registered

Too bad this didnt get a China release, this wouldve been a huge hit over there. That wouldve pushed this to 2 billion by now.

SM71 likes this.
  10. Arachnerd The White Portuguese

11. Chip Chipperson the big guy

12. Arachnerd The White Portuguese

Ever since I found out she's selling NFTs, my trust in MTTSH has dwindled severely. :dry:

Remaining skeptical on this one for now, though it's pretty certain that no one would be against this.

13. Venom 1988 formerly Ultimate_Venom

It also seems like she's spouting a lot of random and vague stuff as well. I feel I'm gonna have to take her current scoops with grain of a salt for the time being.

14. DyeLorean will return

I don't think it's a coincidence that both Endgame and No Way Home excluded from the marketing much from the second and third acts and are doing extremely well. Mystery, surprise and anticipation is doing wonders at the box office. I wouldn't be surprised if they continue this trend of holding back a lot of stuff from upcoming movies.

Slick and PBisawsem2B like this.
  15. kguillou Registered

MTTSH’s completely full of crap with these all these latest "scoops." She has no idea what Sony’s planning. I'm sure not even SONY knows where they're going next.

#12840 kguillou, Jan 24, 2022
    Last edited: Jan 24, 2022
  16. The Joker The Clown Prince of Crime

“It was so much fun,” Raimi said. “I love ‘No Way Home’ and the audience I was with went crazy. It was delightful to watch Alfred play his role, and Willem Dafoe, just seeing these guys take it to the next level. And Tobey was awesome as always. The best word I can say is it was refreshing for me.”

Sam Raimi Talks 'Spider-Man: No Way Home' and 'Doctor Strange 2' - Variety

17. SpeterMan3 SpeterTV on YT

18. Drizzle Penguin Silvia

I was hoping that Mysterio would have been in this to not only give MCU Peter one of his own past villains to deal with but also to make the villains a full "Sinister Six" of sorts. There's also some unfinished business with Mysterio. I don't buy that he's actually dead.

19. The Caped Knight Shield Avenger

I feel like Mysterio was meant to be the sixth member of the villains. But given how much Green Goblin and Doctor Octopus were scene stealing in comparison to Electro, Lizard and Sandman. Mysterio might have been lost in the shuffle.

20. Detective Conan Registered

21. SM71 bending unit

I still get chills just reading this scene, let alone watching it in the movie... That whole thing, that whole scene, was just so perfectly done

22. Nardz937 In The Chill Of Night

The screenplay referring to the other Spider-Men as "Webb" and "Raimi" Peter's and yet those directors not even getting a mere special thanks in the credits is bizarre.

23. KillerMcQueen Mortal-ish

They had to save room for Arad's self congratulation.

24. Detective Conan Registered