No Way Home Spider-Man: No Way Home General News & Discussion Thread (TAG SPOILERS)

Okay, can someone explain on why this wasn't used as the official theatrical poster?

I feel like publicity was the reason the initial posters were so bad. They knew people would talk about them on Twitter and social media, in turn advertising the film to people who maybe didn't know a new Spidey movie was coming out.

Also, the better posters being released now might be part of a larger strategy to convince reluctant people to go see the film.

Last edited:
Finally got round to seeing this, and my main takeaway is that boy did Andrew Garfield get short changed in the crappy movies they had him in. He’s the best thing in this by far.

Random thought nugget - Nick Fury is a low-key villain these days. Leaves Earth to avoid dealing with all of the following:

- Civil War
- Infinity War & Endgame
- Doesn't defend/protect Peter from the government

Just let all of this happen while we see in a mediocre end credit scene that he's just chilling in space getting chunky af. You mean to tell me he couldn't communicate with the Skulls on Earth to protect Peter? The government clearly knew where he was as mentioned in NWH. This all then leads to the events of NWH and MVOM. When a simple call to help Peter out of a jam would have sufficed. Yeah, you could say "well, people still would've known he was Spider-Man" and? So what, the only reason it's an issue is that people think he's a murderer. The Skrulls pretending to be Fury knew who the true villain was, so why not assist? Crazy.

Fury & Stark are low-key villains imo. Fury conveniently staying out of key conflicts. Stark laughing at the creation of Ultron, which leads to the deaths of hundreds of thousands (around there) and then blaming the Avengers cleaning up his mess, and pushing the accords on them.

Last edited:
Still going...
giphy.gif

https://comicbookmovie.com/spider-m...spot-at-the-north-american-box-office-a191396

Random thought nugget - Nick Fury is a low-key villain these days. Leaves Earth to avoid dealing with all of the following:

- Civil War
- Infinity War & Endgame
- Doesn't defend/protect Peter from the government

Just let all of this happen while we see in a mediocre end credit scene that he's just chilling in space getting chunky af. You mean to tell me he couldn't communicate with the Skulls on Earth to protect Peter? The government clearly knew where he was as mentioned in NWH. This all then leads to the events of NWH and MVOM. When a simple call to help Peter out of a jam would have sufficed. Yeah, you could say "well, people still would've known he was Spider-Man" and? So what, the only reason it's an issue is that people think he's a murderer. The Skrulls pretending to be Fury knew who the true villain was, so why not assist? Crazy.

Fury & Stark are low-key villains imo. Fury conveniently staying out of key conflicts. Stark laughing at the creation of Ultron, which leads to the deaths of hundreds of thousands (around there) and then blaming the Avengers cleaning up his mess, and pushing the accords on them.

Um, Fury didn't have a chance to do anything re: Infinity War and Endgame. He got Snapped. Also, he's not "chilling" offworld, he's clearly involved in something related to the Skrulls and some kind of space operation. While its plot mandated dumbness that he did nothing for Peter in NWH, its not even like he was the only one, there should have been tons of people over in London, official government and otherwise, who could have given a "What the hell is this nonsense?" phone call.

Too bad this didnt get a China release, this wouldve been a huge hit over there. That wouldve pushed this to 2 billion by now.

Ever since I found out she's selling NFTs, my trust in MTTSH has dwindled severely. :dry:

Remaining skeptical on this one for now, though it's pretty certain that no one would be against this.

It also seems like she's spouting a lot of random and vague stuff as well. I feel I'm gonna have to take her current scoops with grain of a salt for the time being.

I don't think it's a coincidence that both Endgame and No Way Home excluded from the marketing much from the second and third acts and are doing extremely well. Mystery, surprise and anticipation is doing wonders at the box office. I wouldn't be surprised if they continue this trend of holding back a lot of stuff from upcoming movies.

Ever since I found out she's selling NFTs, my trust in MTTSH has dwindled severely. :dry:

Remaining skeptical on this one for now, though it's pretty certain that no one would be against this.

MTTSH’s completely full of crap with these all these latest "scoops." She has no idea what Sony’s planning. I'm sure not even SONY knows where they're going next.

Last edited:
“It was so much fun,” Raimi said. “I love ‘No Way Home’ and the audience I was with went crazy. It was delightful to watch Alfred play his role, and Willem Dafoe, just seeing these guys take it to the next level. And Tobey was awesome as always. The best word I can say is it was refreshing for me.”

Sam Raimi Talks 'Spider-Man: No Way Home' and 'Doctor Strange 2' - Variety

I was hoping that Mysterio would have been in this to not only give MCU Peter one of his own past villains to deal with but also to make the villains a full "Sinister Six" of sorts. There's also some unfinished business with Mysterio. I don't buy that he's actually dead.

I feel like Mysterio was meant to be the sixth member of the villains. But given how much Green Goblin and Doctor Octopus were scene stealing in comparison to Electro, Lizard and Sandman. Mysterio might have been lost in the shuffle.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"