No Way Home Spider-Man: No Way Home General News & Discussion Thread (TAG SPOILERS)

I have no inkling to see either Garfield and Maguire get more solo movies. Obviously I don’t speak for all fans, but I find the idea of doing multiple solo Spidey projects with different actors as Spider-Man at the same time they already have MCU Spidey to be a bad idea that they shouldn’t pursue. There’s really no point, imo. The takeaway from the success of NWH shouldn’t be that there should now be a ASM3 or SM4, the takeaway should be that another crossover film with all three Spidey’s reuniting again will once again light the box office on fire. I think its way more likely Tobey and Andrew comes back together in Secret Wars than either of them individually getting their own solo movies again. Heck there’s a better chance of them being in the ITSV sequels than any of them getting to lead their own movies again. Now it’s not impossible that SM4 or ASM3 happens but I think it’s fairly unlikely.

Last edited:
Thats exactly what ive been saying @Detective Conan. Having three separate concurrent Spiderman films run and compete alongside each other is just a disastrous idea all over. Tom Holland is our Spiderman now.

Last edited:
Thats exactly what ive been saying @Detective Conan. Having three separate concurrent Spiderman films run and compete alongside each other is just a disastrous idea all over. Tom Holland is out Spiderman now.
Not to mention that having three separate live action Spider-Man franchises running concurrently would be super EXPENSIVE(Maguire and the others don’t come cheap) and while both Sony and Disney have deep pockets, they aren’t going to slap that much money into doing something that could possibly create brand confusion and oversaturate the brand. So it just isn’t happening. Though to be fair, it’s still
more likely to happen than any sequels to Snyder’s Justice League. :o

Best chance we could get (and even that is still up in the air at this point) is either:

a) Sony starts development a full-blown live-action Spider-Verse movie with those three together beginning to end sometime in the future (yes, like that NFT-promoting 'scooper' claims);

b) Tobey and Andrew pop back up whenever the MCU gets to Secret Wars.

I'm all for the three Spideys teaming up one more time in the future, but it has to be earned and has to be special just like it was in this movie. This isnt a gimmick that I want ran into the ground.

Also adding the keep Avi Arad faaaaaaar away from it option, though that's severely unlikely.

Will we get to see Tom Holland's Peter become a photographer? We saw a very small glimpse of that urge to capture images while recording stuff at the beginning of Homecoming (and a selfie while swinging at the end of Far From Home), but beyond that I don't think we've seen much from that angle of the character.
That's such a classic characteristic of Peter Parker, I really hope we get that in the next one.

Before this movie, Aunt May was nothing more than a sex object that was the subject of bad milf jokes.

But I guess these comments pretty much confirm Uncle Ben is alive in the MCU, that or Peter didn’t give a crap about him dying. :o

Last edited:
Honestly the more they keep elaborating on Peter's origin and how May is his Uncle Ben, it just leads me to believe all the more that Ben does not exist and Peter took up the mantle of Spider-Man under much less interesting circumstances.

From the article:

FKi_9GVXoAITdES

We don’t know anything about Peter from Civil War? I mean technically that’s true since we’re just being introduced to the MCU Peter in Civil War and they don’t show his origin but that line he says to Tony as an answer to why he does this seems to be intended to allude to the death of Uncle Ben. Are you telling me this Peter didn’t have a Ben that died?

That's what I'm pretty much going with at this point, that Ben just doesn't exist in the MCU. Which just makes me wonder what they'll do in Freshman Year to distinguish the spider bite origin so hard from the usual beats.

The way I see, Ben does exist in the MCU and whatever happened in that version made Peter become "Spider-Boy", the very early version pre-Civil War. May's death just added another layer of knowledge for Spider-Boy to become Spider-Man.

That's what I'm pretty much going with at this point, that Ben just doesn't exist in the MCU. Which just makes me wonder what they'll do in Freshman Year to distinguish the spider bite origin so hard from the usual beats.
The best evidence we have of Ben existing in the MCU so far is that blink-you-miss-it shot of his initials on his briefcase in Far From Home. Outside the sacred timeline, MCU Peter’s variant mentions him in that Zombie What if? episode.

So there has been some mention of Ben, just not in the main MCU. It’s jarring when seeing all the multiverse Peter’s talk about their Ben’s, and it MCU Peter(Peter 1) doesn’t even seem to have any reaction. Not to mention

May not being buried next to Ben’s gravesite.
Which makes me think that Ben had never existed, or…this Peter never cared for him. This will mostly likely prove not to be the case whenever they do Freshman Year, but I find the fear not to acknowledge MCU Peter’s Ben weird.

They are doing the cartoon prequel Spider-Man Freshman Year. I can almost guarantee Ben will be in it. If he isn't, I will eat a hat

Man, they really f-ed up his head shape.

Honestly it could be a little while before we get more MCU Spidey films. Holland said that plans for a new trilogy are in "conversations stage", and given his apparent reluctance to do the role for much longer, I wouldn't be surprised if Sony and Marvel are looking at what to do if he decides not to come back at all.

He'll be back. He might take a break from these movies for a while, but there's little to no chance that he won't come back.

Yessss, more Spider-Bros content confirmed! :D

I know fans have got it all planned out that Holland will be Spidey for another 10 years. But i think any future appearances will be made very selective

Tobey's suit didn't look as good as it did in the Raimi films.

That's because it was a CGI cartoon the entire time, other than when he was standing around with no mask on. That was disappointing.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
osayi
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"