The Amazing Spider-Man Spider-Man(TRB): News and Speculation

Wait so Marvel owns "The Amazing" part to it? I didn't know that. If so it's a shame, because that would be the perfect title.

No one owns the name "The Amazing" it's generic, but Marvel do own "The Amazing Spider-Man" spelled with "Spider-Man." And it's on countless merchandising, and Sony knows it, which has nothing to do with Sony's Spidey films.

See, Sony would get no money from this toy should the sales increase because kids thought of the film upon seeing it and buying it.

Electro.jpg

Last edited:
oh crap...your right.

ergh...the next best title would be...oh crap. its probably "The Spectacular Spider-man" That was Sony's cartoon...

Nope, the "Spectacular" name means failed animated series to Sony. I do remember it being a short lived comic book, which didn't have tons of products named after it, so it really didn't matter.

©KAW;19275784 said:
No one owns the name "The Amazing" it's generic, but Marvel do own "The Amazing Spider-Man" spelled with "Spider-Man." And it's on countless merchandising, and Sony knows it, which has nothing to do with Sony's Spidey films.

See, Sony would get no money from this toy should the sales increase because kids thought of the film upon seeing it and buying it.

Electro.jpg

So The Amazing Spiderman? :awesome:

The Amazing Spider-Man was actually the original title for Spider-Man 2 before the studio dropped it and decided to go the numerical route.

That was the original plan for the Raimi sequel titles. Going with the adjective route.

Sony knew they would lose out on millions, they better had changed it. Although Marvel would have loved it.

I never knew that was the reason.

If so, what a damn shame. I have no ****ing idea what they can call this then.

©KAW;19275907 said:
Nope, the "Spectacular" name means failed animated series to Sony. I do remember it being a short lived comic book, which didn't have tons of products named after it, so it really didn't matter.

I actually think the show would still be on the air if it wasn't for the Disney purchase. Disney/Marvel somehow got the rights back to Spidey TV shows when the purchase happened.

Nope. It's the Reboot's fault TSSM was canned

what? where did you hear THAT?

When Disney bought Marvel, Disney forced Sony to choose between TV or movies (since they were developing both the Spider-man TV show and the Spider-man movies) Sony picked the movies because, naturally, they make more money. Thus, Disney was forced to can TSSM

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"