The Amazing Spider-Man Spider-Man(TRB): News and Speculation

Meh, I don't like that guy. He's just not Spider-Man for me. Oh, and he's only seen the movies? Then that's a big no-no for me!

He's not my 1st, 2nd, 3rd, or 4th choice , but if he gets it then , it's his. Just have to wait and see how he does and hope he was chosen because he was the best actor for the part and not because he was the cheapest.

New Producer Matt Tolmach, joins the rebooted Spiderman franchise; front of the Hype's home page. Great thing about this article, imo, is plans to make Ghostbusters 3 and Total Recall(either a reboot or sequel). Love those franchises.

I was just looking through the crew list on IMDB (relax, the crew lists on there are usually reliable) and saw that Aaron Sims is listed as character designer! Awesome! He worked on designs for "The Incredible Hulk" in case some of you are wondering who he is.

Here's his site:

http://www.aaron-sims.com/

BUMP

Ok, so I decided to go hunting for things on the reboot yesterday, and I found some interesting stuff.

I found TWO auditions; one that's for Billy Connors, and the other may or not have been for this film, but has a strong chance that it was. First, the film is being codenamed "Untitled Teen Action/Adventure Film" as the Hollywood Reporter article on the actors being looked for to play "J Jonah Jameson" states. These two auditions have the same name in the title, and they both mention Sony Pictures.

First up is the Billy Connors audition (skip to 1:44 for the actual reading):
http://vimeo.com/16131715

And here's another one from a while back (My guess is that this guy was up for Spider-Man. Skip to 1:07):
[YT]dp61Jwuhy4Y[/YT]

Now, in the second video, they don't call him Peter Parker, probably just to keep it top secret. But, as you can see, he's telling wise cracks while getting beat up by the bully. Very Spidey like.

So, do you guys think the dialogue they used in their auditions were from the actual script, or do you think they were just sample dialogue that Sony sent them? Discuss.

Last edited:
The first vid makes it pretty obvious that Lizard is indeed the villain! :D :up:

Nice finds!

That 1st vid reminds me that dealing with child actors (and their parents) has to be one of the most dreaded things in the industry.

2nd vid - I'm not sure what to make of the dialogue there. If it IS from the actual film, then is it suggesting that Gwen and Peter meet for the first time in the film? So they didn't meet 'til he was a HS senior (maybe junior)? Not sure how I'd feel about that. I always thought they'd been friends for a while before the story began. But I realize there have been different versions of Gwen so maybe this would be accurate too. Still, I'm kinda hoping both were just sample dialogue from Sony.

Last edited:
Nice find.

Just a small correction, these are not auditions but rather demo-reels they made to submit to Sony along with their resumes, etc.

As you can see, they were not at Sony's studio, so they were not auditions. Most likely, they were given basic guidance on what to do in their demo-reels but I don't think the dialogues were significant to the movie.

Kym Barrett, is listed in IMDB as the new Costume Designer for the Spider-Man reboot. She was Costume Designer for the Matrix movies. I wonder what will be her take on Spidey's costume, compared to James Acheson's.

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0057199/

Last edited:
My God...I think I hate children. Hope that loud brat doesn't get the part (someone shoot his annoying dad). Not to mention, he's a really bad child actor.

And it looks like Sony removed the second video, it doesn't work.

I didn't like the first video. Maybe the kid could be better under a director, but meh for now.

That kid was terrible...I couldnt cast children...they get on my nerves...but that kid I know for a fact is weak.

Something is probably wrong with me all i could think of when watching the kid was kicking him through that window .

yuck...that kid sucked :dry:

only good part of the video was that it almost, 100%, confirms the Lizard.

Why is it so hard for them to give this movie a title?

Just call it "The Amazing Spider-Man".

My guess is..."The Amazing Spider-Man" is the title of some of Marvel's (not Sony's) Spider-Man products that's already on shelves. To call the film "The Amazing Spider-Man" would boost sales on Marvel's "The Amazing Spider-Man" products that wouldn't be apart of the (Marvel/Sony Spider-Man Merchandising, LLC) royalties.

That's why the film will never be called "The Amazing Spider-Man," unless Marvel has the rights and release it from Disney...or Marvel cuts Sony in on everything that bares the name "The Amazing Spider-Man" including the comics. In other words, Sony could be cut out of millions, if not, 10s of millions in licensing.

Names matter in this biz and no one likes to be cut out of money. I'm guessing again, but the name I think they're going to go with is The Spider-Man. Spelled like this:

___ THE___
SPIDER-MAN

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"