The Amazing Spider-Man Spider-Man(TRB): News and Speculation

Venom'sDad

Enter The Sym
Reaction score
News and Speculation will start to come forth, as we slowly; but surely, approach production of Spider-Man: The Reboot(TRB). News articles and links, speculation and set pics, casting and storyboards, and many other interesting finds.

:) Let the discussions begin....

Let me start by saying...

Logan Lerman is the fan favorite on almost every website ever discussing the reboot so far and Sony you're dumb for not getting him. Way to go on letting us down.:doh:

Jamie Bell doesn't seem to make any sense whatsoever he's 24 years old, and simply, in my mind, and in a lot of people's minds, doesn't seem to feel like Peter Parker at all. Again, way to go Sony.:whatever:

Last edited:
Though he's not what I expected in terms of casting, I'm going to hold my final opinion until the release. This feels like another Heath Ledger/Joker casting and we all know how that went in terms of fans opinions and what the final verdict was. If this ends up being Sony's choice, we should at least give Bell a chance.

Jamie Bell is not going to be spiderman, it's just a rumor

Jamie Bell as Spider-Man?
Michael Fassbender as the villain, possibly the Lizard?

sounds great to me :)

I would so love for the Lizard to be the villian.

If The Lizard is the villain in this flick, you can forget all about that 80M dollar budget.

The Lizard is the Reboot Villan?

Rich Johnston said:
From the same sources that brought you both the Jamie Bell Spider-Man rumour and subsequent dissection of Sony’s policy, plans and back-up plans, comes news on the Spider-Man 4 big villain. So, you know, playing on slightly shaky ground still. But that’s Bleeding Cool for you That came of the back of news from Roger Friedman that Michael Fassbender has been given a choice between playing Magneto and a Spider-Man villain Not as we laughingly suggested yesterday, Elektro. But another of the Sinister Six, Dr Curt Conners, otherwise known as The Lizard. Will he be played by Fassbender? Maybe, maybe not. But I feel sorry for Dylan Baker, who played the character in the Sam Raimi Spider-Man movies and was up for the fourth, without actually getting a shot to go all prosthetic yet. I do hope they look to recent Amazing Spider-Man comics when designing the creature. Chris Bachalo does make him look rather splendid

SOURCE: http://www.bleedingcool.com/2010/06/09/the-lizard-as-big-bad-in-spider-man-4/

That link was already posted here a couple of hours ago. People need to seriously read a thread before they start posting links.

I hope to God we get the lizard. It's been long over due and I for one don't want to see any effin goblins. Let spidey fight a ceature dammit!

So do I. You honestly dont have to have Connors as a High-School teacher to get him introduced to Peter and become the Lizard.

Connors could have been a friend of Peter's dad, Richard. This could set up a believable bond of why Peter wants to save the Lizard.

I say make him an Oscorp scientist,that way Norman Osborn can be easily introduced,and possibly have Connors' Lizard serum play a part in other villain creations.

I hope the lizard is it as it could provide fantastic visuals.But if I'm Dylan Baker I'd be pissed.

So Sony gave Raimi a hard time over Lizard... and so the villian of the new film is... Lizard.

Makes sense to me.

Idiots.

Last edited:
Maybe Raimi didn't want to use him at all. He wanted the Vulture as the villain even after his failed attempt for part three.

So Sony gave Raimi a hard time over Lizard... and so the villian of the new film is... Lizard.

Makes sense to me.

Idiots.

Enlighten me on your thinking process for calling Sony "idiots".

As far as I know, Raimi wanted Doc Ock and Lizard for Spider-Man 2, but then crossed Lizard out, and didn't even plan on using him for film number three, and then not even film number four as he wanted Vulture...and possibly Vulturess/Black Cat/Cat Vulture/Black Vulture/whatever.

It was reported that Raimi wanted to use Lizard for SM4 and Sony was giving him a hard time about it. The Vulture/Vultress thing was reported after the Lizard rumors.

They wanted a villian with a face and werent keen on backing a "monster" villian.

It was reported that Raimi wanted to use Lizard for SM4 and Sony was giving him a hard time about it. The Vulture/Vultress thing was reported after the Lizard rumors.

They wanted a villian with a face and werent keen on backing a "monster" villian.

Why? A dinosaur man would sell more toys than an old guy & a girl in bird suits.

Jamie Bell would make an awesome Spidey (shame he wasn't cast a few years ago but I don't mind). He was awesome in "Chumscrubber"

jamie bell :down

lizard :up:

oh please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please,
please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please,
please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please,
let the villian be lizard

This doesn't make any sense as Grant Curtis even wanted/expressed interest in using Lizard in Spider-Man 4. Never thought the idea came to fruition and was brought in as a suggestion though.

I would see Sony making those regards if Lizard would be too much CGI. But, 'meh'.

Last edited:
What does it matter, Sam Raimi didn't even make Curt Connors a biologist in the movies, he removed the essential element that connects his Connors' character to creating The Lizard. That son-of-a-:doh:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"