Spiderman claims 'punching a woman in the face for not tipping him' was 'self-defence

It took a moment to realize this was a bumped thread.

This seems like a grey area of legal extortion. You take a picture with them, then they demand money? If they tell you up front it'll cost you, then that would be different.
I think they might be covered under some kind right to street performance.

As far as Marvel, Disney, Sesame Street, Time Warner etc. protecting their characters, not wanting images of them seen panhandling etc.
I think unless they are inside one of their stores or businesses on their property, they can't claim they were trying to pass themselves as the "real thing" ie - officially licensed characters. Here they are just outside in public space.

Last edited:
I'm not sure street performance should be covered for demanding money after you have a picture taken with them. That sounds deceitful to me.

Agreed. The real spiderman would ask for money before taking the picture. This sure is an impostor.

Has there ever been a story where Spider Man (or another hero) goes undercover, but in costume, as one of these Times Square mascots? That would be a funny and interesting single-issue story.

That woman should have known better. If some guy in a skin tight costume puts on a show for you, you give him tips.

Has there ever been a story where Spider Man (or another hero) goes undercover, but in costume, as one of these Times Square mascots? That would be a funny and interesting single-issue story.

Great idea!

That woman should have known better. If some guy in a skin tight costume puts on a show for you, you give him tips.

I once met a dude with a batsuit on time square. We took a picture, and he never asked for any tip, nor did he punch me. But maybe he was the real Batman?

He was an escape mental patient from Arkham Asylum.

two block further i saw a bid dude dressed as the joker and he tried to make me eath a strange fish, before trying to bite me.

That was just a tourist from Florida.

Léo Ho Tep;28047427 said:
I once met a dude with a batsuit on time square. We took a picture, and he never asked for any tip, nor did he punch me. But maybe he was the real Batman?

It was Azrael. He was just thrilled that someone would be seen with him in public, though to be honest he could have used any spare change you could give him.

how dishonest of him! I should know better now! I'm so naive!

THE TWIST: it was a Batman impersonator dressed up as Spider-Man to make Marvel look bad.

what if it was actually norman osborn dressed as spiderman to give spidey an even worse reputation?! How evil!

You guys are all wrong. It was Venom. You can see him in Spider-mans eye

That definitely could be it! I guess it explains a lot!

Maybe he was mad about his portrayal in Spider-Man 3 and wanted to ruin Peter Parkers reputation for ruining his.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"