Homecoming Spiderman x Daredevil in the MCU

XtremelyBaneful

xoxxxoooxo
Reaction score
*keep in mind this OP will have spoilers from Daredevil season 2 and possibly other MCU crap*

So, Daredevil is probably my favorite TV show right now, and Spiderman has always been my favorite Marvel superhero.

There's nothing I want to see more than these guys come together some way, some how.

Some ideas I thought of last night [blackout]after smoking a little[/blackout]

1. Spiderman's first solo film

- [blackout]It was revealed in Daredevil season 2 that Sweeney is still alive. Matt turned him over to the cops...that was a flashback, maybe by now he's out.

-He's still a crime boss causing crap, so Spiderman does his thing to try and catch him and somewhere along the way he cross paths with Daredevil. All the while Kingpin is still in jail however, while Spiderman and Daredevil are occupied with Sweeney, Kingpin continues to make moves, maybe even works with Norman Osborn, and finally escapes jail, out into the wild again.[/blackout]

-So Kingpin. In my opinion, Kingpin should be the first villain in the Sony MCU Spiderman series.

-Sevenwebheads had this video explaining the deal a little bit, which makes me wonder if Sony in turn is allowed to use MCU characters in the Spiderman movies. Now, they would obviously want someone like Captain America or Iron Man because they know that'd guarantee a success, but I really think the most intriguing option would be Daredevil.

-There was also this video about I guess, an unofficial Spiderman easter egg in season 1.

-On a side note, Punisher and Spiderman have a history in the comics too right? So maybe for the second film in the series, the MCU supporting character could be him.

-I don't know too too tooooo much about the comics, but I'm pretty sure Spiderman fights the Sinister Six by himself. Once the film is into fruition that could be one of the acts but unless he's got the symbiote suit he may need help; how rad would it be if he had some of the DEFENDERS on his side? I know this comes with the obvious news that was announced recently of the Sinister Six and Venom movies being non-canon to the MCU, but can we already how nonsensical of a movie that is? Sony needs to get them to be MCU canon, otherwise, don't do it.

-In fact...maybe Spiderman 3 could just be the Sinister Six? I can easily tell how that'd be a horrible idea, so maybe after the trilogy we could have a Sinister Six film like the above while the Spiderman films remain predominantly solo.

2. Daredevil season 3 and beyond and/or Defenders

- [blackout]I half expected to hear something about the Daily Bugle in season 2, especially with it being revelealed that there was a Fisk crony working at the Bulletin, I figured it'd have been a lot of bad publicity for the newspaper...so what if the Daily Bugle like, bought the Daily Bulletin? Then in Season 3 we could even have J Jonah Jameson as a supporting character. Afterall in the comics, Urich was working for the Bugle, wasn't he?

-If that easter egg is real, perhaps we could see a flashback scene of Spidey and Urich?[/blackout]

-Charlie Cox talks here about a scene in the comics where Peter Parker dresses up as Daredevil on trial... the interviewer expresses enthusiasm at the idea, and I share it coz I would love to see that too. She also talks about a time where "they lived together for a while" - I'm pretty sure she was referencing the 90s cartoon when Peter Parker was on trial and Matt Murdock asked him to live with him in his penthouse (although in this continuity they weren't aware of each others' alter egos).

-I wouldn't wanna regular see Spiderman come by hanging around all the time and be a main character like the Punisher and Elektra were, but it would be cool to have him as a guest character in an episode like Stick was in season 1 and Claire was in Jessica Jones.

tl;dr

If you wish to see these characters together in the MCU, what are your ideas for doing so? I think it's important to integrate the TV show characters with the film characters in some way shape or form to make this cinematic universe feel organic, and not formulaic and routine.

What do you think?

I think that the way to team them up would be by using either the Maggia, Hammerhead, Silvermane or Tombstone as their link and their villains.

maxresdefault.jpg

I'd have an issue seeing this Fisk even attempt to throw a punch at Spidey. But hey, I'm all for DD + Spidey.

I'd have an issue seeing this Fisk even attempt to throw a punch at Spidey. But hey, I'm all for DD + Spidey.

Depends. Peter can still be hurt by regualr punches. He isnt Superman. If Fisk can catch him offgaurd he could seriously hurt Peter. But if Peter isnt all cocky and is serious and focused. Its game over for Wilson.

Fisk is as strong as Captain America. Both characters in the comics are peak human physical condition, but we've seen cap pull some crazy stuff in the comics, so if they're keeping the transitions consistent, Kingpin could definitely deal some damage to Spidey.

Cap held his own against Loki even though he was clearly outmatched, and was able to go toe to toe with Ultron. Both of whom I'm pretty sure are superhuman.

Fisk is as strong as Captain America. Both characters in the comics are peak human physical condition, but we've seen cap pull some crazy stuff in the comics, so if they're keeping the transitions consistent, Kingpin could definitely deal some damage to Spidey.

Cap held his own against Loki even though he was clearly outmatched, and was able to go toe to toe with Ultron. Both of whom I'm pretty sure are superhuman.
In the comics, yes, because Kingpin is like a hulk and he usually overwhelms people wirh his size and brute strength. But MCU Fisk has been significantly nerfed. I have trouble seeing as to how he'll be able to go toe to toe with Spidey, especially considering that he was beaten by Daredevil who is weaker than Cap in tye MCU, much less Spider-Man (Who seems to be strong enough to rip Cap's out of his hands).

They gotta get creative with the fight.

In the comics, yes, because Kingpin is like a hulk and he usually overwhelms people wirh his size and brute strength. But MCU Fisk has been significantly nerfed.
Kingpin with his brute strength was fighting pretty evenly with Daredevil. It was with his martial art skill that he was able to take the Kingpin down.
I have trouble seeing as to how he'll be able to go toe to toe with Spidey, especially considering that he was beaten by Daredevil who is weaker than Cap in tye MCU, much less Spider-Man (Who seems to be strong enough to rip Cap's out of his hands).

They gotta get creative with the fight.
I'm sure they can do a creative spin with a fight that's happened in the comics.

Wilson likes to fight people when they're weak. That could certainly play into it. Fisk takes cheap shots. Plus in season 2
they show him working out and getting stronger.
They could make it work, but I don't think it'd ever even happen tbh.

Depends. Peter can still be hurt by regualr punches. He isnt Superman. If Fisk can catch him offgaurd he could seriously hurt Peter. But if Peter isnt all cocky and is serious and focused. Its game over for Wilson.

With Spider-Man's spider sense, how would Fisk ever catch him off guard?

I say the best way to have Spidey fight Fisk is taking some cues from his original fight in Amazing Spider-Man #50 (or was it 51?)

The dark tone of Daredevil does not translate well to Spidey, especially in the iteration Marvel wants to do.

The dark tone of Daredevil does not translate well to Spidey, especially in the iteration Marvel wants to do.
if you think tone is what is getting in the way of it that kind of disrupts the narrative of all this taking place in the same universe, don't you think?

Seriously, some people have no imagination. According to what Faraci is saying, it doesn't look like there will be crossovers with Netflix and the films anyway. Early days yet I realize.

Last edited:
if you think tone is what is getting in the way of it that kind of disrupts the narrative of all this taking place in the same universe, don't you think?

Which is why film and tv won't cross over anytime soon.

The Netflix series have slowly been pulling more distance between itself and the film side.

Which is why film and tv won't cross over anytime soon.

The Netflix series have slowly been pulling more distance between itself and the film side.
but that's not a good thing. if they want the MCU as a whole to feel organic, and not formulaic, they need to get passed the fact that the properties appear on different mediums (tv and film) and mesh them together as if that does not matter.

but that's not a good thing. if they want the MCU as a whole to feel organic, and not formulaic, they need to get passed the fact that the properties appear on different mediums (tv and film) and mesh them together as if that does not matter.

They don't need to crossover to make the universe feel organic, they reference it enough to let the audience know it's part of the same continuity. It would definitely be icing on the cake though and make the shared universe more legitimate to some. The crossover wouldn't be difficult either, I have no idea why some people have to make things so difficult and spew nonsense like the tone is incompatible etc. Find a story that works and go from there, that's how this stuff works.

According to Faraci the higher ups at Marvel, which is likely Feige, don't want to get tangled with the TV side of things at the moment. I'm assuming this has to do with Marvel's long term plan on the cinematic side and possibly some residual effects of the Marvel Studios - Marvel Television spilt that occurred a handful of months ago. Either way, according to Faraci, don't expect to see the Defenders (at this point in time) in IW. Like I said, early days yet and things are always in motion.

They don't need to crossover to make the universe feel organic, they reference it enough to let the audience know it's part of the same continuity. It would definitely be icing on the cake though and make the shared universe more legitimate to some. The crossover wouldn't be difficult either, I have no idea why some people have to make things so difficult and spew nonsense like the tone is incompatible etc. Find a story that works and go from there, that's how this stuff works.

According to Faraci the higher ups at Marvel, which is likely Feige, don't want to get tangled with the TV side of things at the moment. I'm assuming this has to do with Marvel's long term plan on the cinematic side and possible some residual effects of the Marvel Studios - Marvel Television spilt that occurred a handful of months ago. Either way, according to Faraci, don't expect to see the Defenders (at this point in time) in IW. Like I said, early days yet and things are always in motion.
it already feels inorganic to me and the first sentence in your second paragraph proves that and makes it worse. if the universe is organic, as it should be like in the comics, then there is no/should be no 4th wall barrier that is either the tv screen or the movie screen. spiderman operates in manhattan, just like daredevil. if they can't appear together in a scene because the screen you're watching it on is different, that breaks the organicity of what makes the MCU a built up franchise in the first place.

it already feels inorganic to me and the first sentence in your second paragraph proves that and makes it worse. if the universe is organic, as it should be like in the comics, then there is no/should be no 4th wall barrier that is either the tv screen or the movie screen. spiderman operates in manhattan, just like daredevil. if they can't appear together in a scene because the screen you're watching it on is different, that breaks the organicity of what makes the MCU a built up franchise in the first place.

If it feels inorganic to you then what can I say? That's your opinion. I don't need to see them together to make it feel so. I'd love to see Spidey and DD interact in a film and to see Vinny D torment Spidey, but if it doesn't happen in the next few years due to plans already in place or internal politics at the studio then that's too bad, there are plenty of other things in the universe to look forward to. It could still happen btw, but I'm just telling you what Faraci tweeted earlier today. At this point in time, there appears to be no plans for a crossover between Netflix and the films.

If it feels inorganic to you then what can I say? That's your opinion. I don't need to see them together to make it feel so. I'd love to see Spidey and DD interact in a film and to see Vinny D torment Spidey, but if it doesn't happen in the next few years due to plans already in place or internal politics at the studio then that's too bad, there are plenty of other things in the universe to look forward to. It could still happen btw, but I'm just telling you what Faraci tweeted earlier today. At this point in time, there appears to be no plans for a crossover between Netflix and the films.
that's exactly it. the MCU has been a successful and ambitious project. they can't keep building it without considering what sacrifices are being made, and why such a thing is possible in the first place (because of the Marvel comics universe).

i have said it many times over i would really hope in time we get to see spidey share scenes with kingpin, punsher, and dd as they are now all part of the same shared film unveriverse and all now. Where it wasnt a option in the past with spidey at sony, and dd guys tied up in fox, and punisher with lionsgates. Now of course we likely wont see it in solo 1 maybe something in infinity wars or post that i would hope. Heck i would even be fine with just a little nods to dd/kingpin/punisher via news ticker reports spidey or someone in solo one is watching the news. Or it being a headline on the wall at the bugle or something. It would be a real missed chanced if those characters never get to share time together.

i have said it many times over i would really hope in time we get to see spidey share scenes with kingpin, punsher, and dd as they are now all part of the same shared film unveriverse and all now. Where it wasnt a option in the past with spidey at sony, and dd guys tied up in fox, and punisher with lionsgates. Now of course we likely wont see it in solo 1 maybe something in infinity wars or post that i would hope. Heck i would even be fine with just a little nods to dd/kingpin/punisher via news ticker reports spidey or someone in solo one is watching the news. Or it being a headline on the wall at the bugle or something. It would be a real missed chanced if those characters never get to share time together.
spidey is still at sony, don't get that mixed up. but daredevil and kingpin in the first film would make sense in my opinion, i explained why in the OP in terms of timeline

Yes he is still sony but technically hr is not cut off from the mcu now as he is a part and solos are a part of the mcu. Like I said I would be pissed if these characters never meet. When they technically could not. Where it wasn't a chance in the past.

If this ever happens nerdgasm

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
osayi
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"