World Spidey Suits & Suit Creation methods. - Part 1

Great work Brad. Has anyone had any dealings with the guy at frontiercostuming.com? I've been thinking of buying a suit from him but he doesn't have any pictures of a suit put together and i don't know how good the quality of the suit is.

Great work spidey2012 and Spidey4fun!:D

:'(
Theres something about this costume I just like better than Raimi's version.
Every New suit has there ups and downs I believe it takes time getting use to a brand new suit expecially when photos are displayed for the first time people start to comment on what they like about it and what they dont like about it what they could do to fix it and make it better or what they should have done to make it better.. personally I didnt feel to comfortable with this new Spidey Suit at first because of the design itself, the Lenses and Frames or even the Silver on the boots just this whole new direction with a different Spidey Design compare to raimi's version of the suit..when they later released the darker version of the suit it actually looked way, way better then the first photos we saw when they were released..I know this is a Spidey thread but it was the same when the Iron man 2 Movie suit with the Triangle in the chest was released, Green Lantern without the CGI people were commenting on how bothered they were with the mask and the outfit itself when the first trailer was released..Now we have people commenting on the the new Catwoman costume for TDKR Where people are saying "where does the catlike costume come into play?" or even the new Superman Man of Steel Costume with the long boots and the huge Diamond S plaque on the chest. I guess they wanted to bring back the old Style version of Superman into this new movie coming out 2013.

Brad great job on the suit I would have never thought it was you as well :woot: The whole time I was thinking they were some proffesional designers and artists from Marvel that came up with that design to promote the movie.

Great Awesome photos from SpideyScott2012 and Avaron for posting some really awesome photos of your suits :woot: feels good to finally have this thread back on track after it was long dead for a while. :woot:

Just received pics of me and the Activision team for the Spider-Man: Edge of Time autograph signing with Peter David, famous comic book writer, and Laura Vandervoort (Supergirl on Smallville), voice of Mary Jane Watson.

KAT_1906.jpg

IMG_4572.jpg

IMG_4571.jpg

IMG_4576.jpg

Last edited:
Hey this is awesome works..

I really would like to see more pics but Brad why is this the only one you will be making?

Part of the reason why I call this a test suit is because there hasn't been enough detailed pictures(unless I've missed some) to draw what I call a near 90% ..

I started working on this months ago drawing and redrawing this pattern I used.

Did you manage to do the webshooters.. And also about the frames are they different than the Raimi versions frames... I can't really tell and would like to see know more on this great effort bud..

Really good to see a full picture of it up in a mannequin.

Your suit is awesome avaron! Can I ask what the eyes and lenses are made of?

Hey this is awesome works..

I really would like to see more pics but Brad why is this the only one you will be making?

Part of the reason why I call this a test suit is because there hasn't been enough detailed pictures(unless I've missed some) to draw what I call a near 90% ..

I started working on this months ago drawing and redrawing this pattern I used.

Did you manage to do the webshooters.. And also about the frames are they different than the Raimi versions frames... I can't really tell and would like to see know more on this great effort bud..

Really good to see a full picture of it up in a mannequin.

Yeah I made some webshooters. CNC milled some, but cant show pics yet as there arent any clear pics of the shooters on the movie suit released yet. They didnt however use them on the suit I made. Probably cause I didnt attach them. I also milled some frames based on the pics they sent me.

Brad.

Your suit is awesome avaron! Can I ask what the eyes and lenses are made of?

Brad can comment on the exact material since he's the one that made it, but basically it is a superfine mesh that you can see through.

I really want one of the new suits! I'll buy a pattern or printed! I don't care I just want one!! lol

Third post in a row here :D
I'm having no luck with finding a pattern.
So i'm going to attempt to create my own.
pattern.png

That's what I have so far, It's just muscle shading is going to be a pain.

That's a good start. You'll need to design a suit pattern so I'd suggest getting a white allover and drawing the webbing lines. Here's what I mean....

DSC01472.jpg

Same thing with the mask. The idea is to have all the seams of the suit in webbing lines as much as possible. Once drawn up, cut it into pieces and you'll have your pattern. From here to need to get the pattern into your drawing program and create the details.

DSC01463.jpg

The Rami suit pattern is a good start but needs to be modified if you want to hide the sewing seams.

Brad.

I'll give that a try, now is drawing it on the white fabric just for finding the pieces like so:
Pattern_outline.jpg

(found this online)
So That's what I need to do, get the different pieces laid out?
What programs do you use to design patterns brad?

Ryan at Frontier Costuming is selling the print only version of the suit (you'd have to sew it up yourself).

Yeah, It's not that big of a deal to sew a suit, Go to a steamstress and ask for zig zag stitch, If you've never sewn one before I wouldn't recommend sewing one yourself.

brick.jpg

Brick pattern, I think thats pretty close to raimi's, what do you think brad?

Urm... you were closer in your first attempt with the hexagonal mesh pattern.

spidey3newart.jpg

It is a brick pattern but looks more hexagonal when stretched on the Rami Spidey Suit.

So i've been messing around with colors and different types of patterns and came up with this.
patternfirst.jpg

Though I'm not sure how to make the picture bigger without distorting it so i can print it.

Here's a HQ picture of the front of the new suit. I thought it be useful for people who want to know the pattern and so.

Looks like Spidey wanted to go play some Soccer lol

I'm planning on making a Spidey suit for Halloween this year. My current plan is to buy a red zentai suit (probably one of the shinier, more metallic-looking ones) and a blue bodysuit and glue/sew them together. I'll probably do the webs with 3D fabric paint, and I don't know how I'll make the eyes.

But I would love to make something like this suit, with a texture that looks more athletic and functional. I welcome and invite any possible feedback and/or suggestions.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ohkeelay
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"