Comics The SUPERIOR Spider-Man - Part 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Too bad it wasn't the answer we got.

Bottom line - the marriage was doomed behind the scenes from the start. The higher ups that knew Stan Lee was marrying them in the comic strip and wanted uniformity. No one, including the EiC at the time Jim Shooter, wanted it. But they got it forced down on them. Lo and behold the marriage worked and the naysayers all got their crack at breaking them up before one guy got his way.

MJ's "death" during Mackie's run was always intended to be undone.
They had a backdoor built into it from the beginning... Unlike a lot of other stories...

MJ's "death" during Mackie's run was always intended to be undone.
They had a backdoor built into it from the beginning... Unlike a lot of other stories...

Wasn't one of the door's shown literally busting off before or during the plane explosion? Am I remembering correctly?

Wasn't one of the door's shown literally busting off before or during the plane explosion? Am I remembering correctly?

One of the doors was seen falling off before the explosion on the next page.

The actual explanation was the stalker had disguised himself as an old man, then drugged her with a lollipop before she got on the plane, pretended to be her uncle and got her off the plane because she appeared sick.

People always say that, and it's a terribly stupid thing to say. How do you know anything would've been better? Stories are always dependent on both idea and execution. Just because you like the idea of MJ dying over the deal with Mephisto doesn't mean it would've been better. It would've had just as much chance to be worse than OMD than it did better.

Ohhhhh boy. Sure in the infinite realm of story possibilities, there might have been one that would have been worse than OMD. But I have a hard time imagining one as stupid and harmful to the character as that one, don't you?

No. I can think of plenty of things that would've been equally or even more offensive than OMD. You just need a better imagination. :o

Ohhhhh boy. Sure in the infinite realm of story possibilities, there might have been one that would have been worse than OMD. But I have a hard time imagining one as stupid and harmful to the character as that one, don't you?

Peter could have used a little girl as a shield to save his own life...oh wait...

ya know what! They should get JMS back and have him write exactly what he was originally going to to finish off his run but put it under the title of What If: One More Day

Hmmmm......I think it's time for a new thread.

THREAD MANAGER, I COMMAND THEE!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
osayi
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"