World Spidey Suits & Suit Creation methods. - Part 1

Veeery nice! :D Cool photos :)
Costume itself reminds me of The Ultimate Spider-Man comicbook series, I like it :)

Hey every1 im new here this is my suit its not that great but i made it for $60, its a seven piece suit its all seperated i used tight fitting clothes for the black & a red jumpsuit for the red & sharpie for the webs , except the mask i ordered it from ebay, but baisicly i call it the Ultimate Ditko suit lol thats what it makes me think of thanks for looking & Spidey1111 that suit is pure awesome how did you put it together?

suit1005_zpsd65e6830.jpg

suit1006_zpsa381f0ac.jpg

suit1003_zps2512e6ec.jpg

Mesha2509_zps53583a13.jpg

Mesha2507.jpg

suit1007_zpsf59a0892.jpg

suit1001_zps07ea3133.jpg

Thanks. I bought a red morph suit and a blue one. I put on the blue one, then the red one on top of it and drew out where all the red would go. Then I cut out the red parts from the red suit and sewed them onto the blue suit. Then I drew all the webs on with sharpie and used a black leather like material for the eyes. I used 2 layers of a really thin white material for the lenses. Fairly simple design.

i did the smae thing for my body pieces except i used tight fitting black for the black areas...maybe next time i should try 2 spandex suits my webs didnt line up so well tho or my sewing al lwell ...yours looks awesome tho man very Spiderman i can see mcfarlane in the eyes too

Really impressed by the work I've seen in this thread.

I'm going to attempt to make an ASM movie costume. I'm getting the very expensive Japanese Blu-Ray box set which has the upper portion of the costume included. I'm going to try to build the rest of the costume around that. Not sure if it's going to work out or not. It's also my first time doing anything like this. Hope it works out. Any tips or places to look for tutorials on costume making?

Really impressed by the work I've seen in this thread.

I'm going to attempt to make an ASM movie costume. I'm getting the very expensive Japanese Blu-Ray box set which has the upper portion of the costume included. I'm going to try to build the rest of the costume around that. Not sure if it's going to work out or not. It's also my first time doing anything like this. Hope it works out. Any tips or places to look for tutorials on costume making?
Wow, cant wait to see that, where did you buyed it ?? Well, for costume making tips and tutorials, go see ParkerPeters, brado and spider alex here on the forum, google "spidey4fun", and check youtube and the rpf. Hope that helps.

Okay here's a small update on the suit progress..

You can see there's no pattern from the waist down, so that's the next thing to do. I'm just waiting for the exact same red puff paint that I used on the rest of the suit to arrive at the arts 'n crafts store near me. (sorry for the bad quality and grain, it's not a great camera)
29oitlg.jpg

Here's the back of the suit. I realised the back spider turned out a little bigger than in the movie but I like it that way.
258s5c2.jpg

Next it's the zipper and the connection between the top and bottom parts of the suit.. I chose to use it after all. It is visible but I don't mind.. after all the pattern it won't show up as much. Plus I'm very satisfied how it turned out - it doesn't constrict the movement at all, since it's right between the waist and the hips so it doesn't stretch or move a lot. And in the middle there are two velcro tapes under the end of the red part.. serves great in case of a bathroom emergency xD
2eoz2mx.jpg

Here's the finished glove and also the 'connection' with the sleeve. Doesn't really connect in any way, I just tried to get the pattern and the webs to match on all sides. And now that I mention it, i could add some velcro or something to seal it somehow, I'll see.
34q3bzm.jpg

And the only thing I'm not very satisfied wih is the neck and mask connection.. but mostly the neck xD It's loose below the chin and shrivels a lot. Makes the spidey look almost chin-less xD So I'll try to work it out somehow... if you guys have any advice on this I'd appreciate it a lot! :)
2rwn538.jpg

That's all for now... I will post updates on the legs etc. once I get a hold of more red puff paint.

Spidey out.
:spidey:

Okay here's a small update on the suit progress..

You can see there's no pattern from the waist down, so that's the next thing to do. I'm just waiting for the exact same red puff paint that I used on the rest of the suit to arrive at the arts 'n crafts store near me. (sorry for the bad quality and grain, it's not a great camera)
29oitlg.jpg

Here's the back of the suit. I realised the back spider turned out a little bigger than in the movie but I like it that way.
258s5c2.jpg

Next it's the zipper and the connection between the top and bottom parts of the suit.. I chose to use it after all. It is visible but I don't mind.. after all the pattern it won't show up as much. Plus I'm very satisfied how it turned out - it doesn't constrict the movement at all, since it's right between the waist and the hips so it doesn't stretch or move a lot. And in the middle there are two velcro tapes under the end of the red part.. serves great in case of a bathroom emergency xD
2eoz2mx.jpg

Here's the finished glove and also the 'connection' with the sleeve. Doesn't really connect in any way, I just tried to get the pattern and the webs to match on all sides. And now that I mention it, i could add some velcro or something to seal it somehow, I'll see.
34q3bzm.jpg

And the only thing I'm not very satisfied wih is the neck and mask connection.. but mostly the neck xD It's loose below the chin and shrivels a lot. Makes the spidey look almost chin-less xD So I'll try to work it out somehow... if you guys have any advice on this I'd appreciate it a lot! :)
2rwn538.jpg

That's all for now... I will post updates on the legs etc. once I get a hold of more red puff paint.

Spidey out.
:spidey:

What if you sewed some elastic to the edge of the neck, and a bit on the edge of the mask? So they tightened when put on? I know virtually nothing about suit creation, I just have a lot of ideas.xD

Not a bad idea, thanks! :)
But first I think I need to shorten the neck lenght on the mask itself... there's too much of it so I guess that's why it gets so loose.

So what's the best retail mask to get and improve upon?

From what i've seen on youtube here's what i've found works

Spider-man Deluxe Adult Halloween Mask

IZqP5.jpg

Amazing Spider-man glasses. Take out the lenses and add it to the mask

RmMQk.jpg

I know exactly what video you're referring to, and I thought that guy did a pretty great job with those. I say give it a shot. The mask came out looking pretty cool.

Another option if I don't want to do the work. Where can I buy a good replica mask?

There's nothing good on ebay.

Spidey Alex: Very impressed with your work on that suit man. Have you visited therpf at all? You should share that beauty there.

Last edited:
My Spidey Suit pattern for SDCC '13 is just about finished. What do you guys think?

Pattern2013_zps38380e6a.jpg

Found an amazing spiderman pattern on ebay with the eyes too here. Also has a 616 style with Romita eyes.

Hey guys,

does anyone know which glasses Peter uses in TASM to create his lenses?

Those glasses don't exist. They were specially made for the movie.

Hey all! Little update on the SDCC 13 costume I am working on. I am courting with dye-sub companies, and most of them want large scale orders, so I might be selling a few after CC this year if anyone is interested.

That is, if they refuse to do just 1 or 2 patterns for me.

The costumes will probably cost about $100-300 for you guys when all is said and done, but they will be dye sublimated cinema quality 7 piece suits.

Hey all! Little update on the SDCC 13 costume I am working on. I am courting with dye-sub companies, and most of them want large scale orders, so I might be selling a few after CC this year if anyone is interested.

That is, if they refuse to do just 1 or 2 patterns for me.

The costumes will probably cost about $100-300 for you guys when all is said and done, but they will be dye sublimated cinema quality 7 piece suits.
Nice Update @ParkerPeters, i'm highly interrested. Btw, i think that a 100$ price tag is more than interresting,it's just amazingly affordable, even more affordable than any other expensive dye-sub suits. Good Job !!!!! :D :spidey:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"