Spidey_62's random bin of works

Discussion in 'Fan Art' started by Spidey_62, Sep 1, 2014.

1. ComicChick I Work Too Much

really digging the new stuff :up:

2. Spidey_62 This is so not spandex

Thanks!

We just released an unlettered preview for The Spirit of The Shadows #1 today, full issue coming out Wednesday the 27th. Really excited for everybody to get introduced to this story. A good place to stay up to date with all of the news is the Facebook page we just started up for it. If anybody would like to like the page, hey, that'd be swell! https://www.facebook.com/TheSpiritOfTheShadows

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

3. crapcom Registered

Some pretty good the new stuff here

4. Spidey_62 This is so not spandex

Thanks!

The guys over at Superior Spider-Talk have started to unveil the pieces I did for some of their segments on their Amazing Spider-Talk podcast. They've got great content, super fun talk about all things Spider-Man! 2 of the 5 of them are out there in the newest show. https://superiorspidertalk.com/

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

5. Spidey_62 This is so not spandex

[​IMG]

The 1st part of The Spirit of The Shadows is now online, free to read at RadicalRealmComics.com - hope you check it out, it's wiggy!

6. Spidey_62 This is so not spandex

We've already got the first look preview out for Infinite Wonders #3, fun stuff. I enjoy writing solicitations for this series, lol.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

7. Spidey_62 This is so not spandex

The other few pieces I did for Superior Spider-Talk, fun stuff!

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Infinite Wonders #3 is finished. Did that whole book in under a month. 3 weeks of penciling and inking, then a few days of compiling the book. Pretty happy about that since we just put Spirit of The Shadows #1 out less than a month ago. But after this one's out I think I need to actually take a break on my summer break for a bit at least. Eh, we'll see.

8. Spidey_62 This is so not spandex

9. Spidey_62 This is so not spandex

Infinite Wonders #3 is out now! Free to read as always. Please let us know what you thought of the issue anywhere, comments or questions are always welcomed!

[​IMG]

You can read it here.

10. Spidey_62 This is so not spandex

An album cover for a friend at college.

[​IMG]

11. Spidey_62 This is so not spandex

This was from July 4th, ol Mr. Wonder.

[​IMG]

And this is a variant cover I just did for the 1st issue of Infinite Wonders. Because every comic these days has a million variant covers, I thought the least we could do was retroactively make one for the 1st issue lol. Also because I'm cleaning up the 1st 2 and turning them into PDFs for the website. Just wanted a fresh cover for the 1st one that felt more indicative of what the tone of the book's established itself as. Also, when I did that very 1st cover 2 years ago, I had no clue what I was doing. Maybe I still don't, who knows!

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

12. Spidey_62 This is so not spandex

Here's the cover for The Spirit of The Shadows #2. This is the next comic I'm doing, probably will work on the third and final part after that just so we can have this story out there. I really am excited to tell the rest and show what it's all about- cause you ain't seen nothing yet with the 1st issue. All you've seen is one side of the story... now we're gonna get into some crazy mad science stuff and go down some pretty strange roads.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

13. Spidey_62 This is so not spandex

Here's that variant cover with the trade dress all over it:
    [​IMG]

And here's a little pitch piece of sorts for an Infinite Wonders spinoff we've been planning for a while now. Infinite Wonders gets a bit zany at times, but this spinoff thing'll wind up being way more nuts. The Oddballs will probably end up being a series of backup stories in issues of Infinite Wonders, or just short stories.

[​IMG]

Got a few fun commissions I'll post sometime soon as well.

14. MrSharigan Registered

Nice one!!!

15. Spidey_62 This is so not spandex

Woo, thanks!

Here's a poster I did for the newest short film my friend's and I made. We were originally working on another feature film for this summer but that got pushed back to this winter, so we wanted to make something fun and small in the meantime and we all had the itch to do something of a throwback to 50s sci-fi B movies and all the goofy tropes of films of that era. So we did that and it was a real blast to work on, super cheesy and light. You can watch it all here, yay!

[​IMG]

16. ComicChick I Work Too Much

looks great

17. Spidey_62 This is so not spandex

Thanks, it was a fun time!

We've got a 3 page unlettered preview up for Spirit of The Shadows - Part 2: What Makes A Murderer? Out Wednesday!

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

18. Spidey_62 This is so not spandex

Dr. Strange sketch card from the other day.
    [​IMG]

Spirit of the Shadows sketch card from the other day, peering over the town of Teramere.
    [​IMG]

19. Spidey_62 This is so not spandex

[​IMG]

The Spirit of the Shadows part 2 is out now! You can find the first 2 parts of the story free to read right here. Please give it a go if you'd like.
    http://www.radicalrealmcomics.com/the-spirit-of-the-shadows.html

Here's the cover for the 3rd and final part of the story. This one's gonna be quite crazy, the monster goes on the rampage in classic horror movie fashion after all the buildup. I wanted something simplistic but with a lot of emotion for this cover, trying to hint at what to expect.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

20. Spidey_62 This is so not spandex

Here were a few commissions from a while ago. Really cool to have a fan want me to draw Infinite teaming up with Nova! His first unofficial teamup!

[​IMG]

And another one, recreating Amazing Spider-Man #14. That was the 1st appearance of the Green Goblin and the first time Spidey met the Hulk as well, plus it was in a cool cave in New Mexico.

[​IMG]

21. ComicChick I Work Too Much

22. Spidey_62 This is so not spandex

Thanks! ^

Here's an animated GIF of Infinite, did this for a class and it was real fun to try and do. Figure's are done by hand with a flipbook and the background is done by hand as well, if I ever got the chance to make this comic into a cartoon that weird retro kind of aesthetic is what I'd love to do.

[​IMG]

23. Spider-Aziz Gomez Adams and Mulan

I think your handiwork improved notably.
    Keep up the good work. :up:

24. Spidey_62 This is so not spandex

Thank you, Aziz- I appreciate that very much.

Okay, so Wednesday we've got the complete Spirit of the Shadows graphic novel coming out. Daniel & I are really proud of this story and how it's materialized. Really excited to get this out there. It's a monster of a book clocking in at 92 pages complete with extras, all free (which is a really dang good deal, I must say), so I hope ya check it out then. Here's the painted cover I did last week for the book. That felt like a nice way to put a capper on this thing.

[​IMG]

A few unlettered preview pages from the final part of the story.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

25. Spidey_62 This is so not spandex

Some stuff from a month or two ago I didn't post here yet. Did a statuette of the Spirit of the Shadows in October, that was really fun to make. He's about 9 inches tall and has the cloth cape and felt hat. Made from armature wire and clay. Really fun!

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Had a lot of help from my grandma on this one, making this Spirit of the Shadows costume. That will be used for various promotional purposes in the future, we'll see!

[​IMG]

Fun translating the design into different forms like that.

I didn't make these, guys - they're so neat! Characters from the story in a cutesie style, they're out there as t-shirt designs and other stuff.

[​IMG]