Spidey_62's random bin of works

Discussion in 'Fan Art' started by Spidey_62, Sep 1, 2014.

1. Spidey_62 This is so not spandex

The full Spirit of the Shadows graphic novel is online now, FREE to read. 92 pages. That's a hell of a deal for no money, please give it a read. More than 2 years in the making and it's finally all here. I worked on this because it was a story I believed people should see and not sit shelved forever.

Right here! Direct link!!! http://nebula.wsimg.com/a676a3b63ecc9fa628361918867218e6?AccessKeyId=C9A170694BC7779F2141&disposition=0&alloworigin=1

[​IMG]

Here's something Star Wars, getting ready for The Force Awakens. Captain Phasma.

[​IMG]

Spider-Aziz likes this.
  2. Spidey_62 This is so not spandex

Rey, Finn, & BB-8.

[​IMG]

#77 Spidey_62, Dec 11, 2015
    Last edited: Dec 12, 2015
    Spider-Aziz likes this.
  3. Spidey_62 This is so not spandex

Kylo Ren. Only a few days away now til The Force Awakens!

[​IMG]

Spider-Aziz likes this.
  4. Mee 2 E's are better than 1

I love Kylo and the foreground snow and little trees there. I dunno if the more painterly background is jiving with it though. I think you could have stuck with that cartoon/comic look for the background as well.

Spider-Aziz likes this.
  5. Spidey_62 This is so not spandex

Thanks, yeah I know what you mean. I wanted to make there be kind of a cartoon look to that one, with the figure being outlined. Not sure if it works but it was fun to draw, I did some more TFA drawings since then trying different things in each of em. I'll post them on here sometime.

Here's some film stuff from the past winter break. We filmed the long-gestating Selling Silence to ring in the new year! Will be coming out this summer, it's a real quirky one. 6 different genres, 6 different segments, all dealing with a day when sound goes out in the world.

Here's the romcom segment:
    [​IMG]
    The kids segment:
    [​IMG]
    The western segment:
    [​IMG]
    The crime segment:
    [​IMG]
    The drama segment:
    [​IMG]
    The comedy segment:
    [​IMG]

Aside from my other duties, I got to play the mime in the comedy segment (the one in the chair)- it was a treat getting to be a mime for a day. Everybody should do it, too! Lol.

Spider-Aziz likes this.
  6. Spidey_62 This is so not spandex

St. Vincent - one of my favorite artists, check her music out.
    [​IMG]

"No one understands you like I do" George Lucas laments with Jar Jar Binks.
    [​IMG]
    Deadpool admiring his booty.
    [​IMG]
    The Creation of Tommy- tribute to The Room. :woot:
    [​IMG]

Spider-Aziz likes this.
  7. Spidey_62 This is so not spandex

So I've barely posted in this thread all year, but I may as well resurrect it as I have a ton I could stuff it with so I may as well start off with a few pics.

A few months ago we released a new Infinite Wonders story, to coincide with the release of the newest short film we did. Really was proud of this story, my pal Dan even colored it and I think it's our best looking book yet. We even got to include 2 extra stories by contributors, that was fun! I'll be honest and say I was a bit bummed when the response was just about nonexistent for this one, so I've kinda put the comic book work on the backburner.

My 2015 was pretty much dominated with doing comics in the midst of life and it kinda knocked me around- we put out 5 full 21-27 page comic books that year. This year the only actual book I did was this one and it was 10 pages... But at the same time I'm happy to say I'm proud of the other stuff I've been able to try this year so far.

[​IMG]

You can read that here: http://nebula.wsimg.com/f76a5efc8dad1f0e727a8274ff57ff8e?AccessKeyId=C9A170694BC7779F2141&disposition=0&alloworigin=1

Here's a homage to the cover to Tomb of Dracula #1 with the Spirit of the Shadows instead, this was a lotta fun to do. There have been a few random people actually wanting more Spirit of the Shadows after the story wrapped up at the end of last year, so I was trying to do these things as something both for fun and to give something new to the people that like that story. But it was also just some stuff to put out while we were keeping a fun secret about something we were working on in regards to Spirit. More on that a few images down the line.
    [​IMG]
    Another homage, to the cover of Eerie Comics #1.
    [​IMG]

Pink Lemonade!! That's something I've been working on this year, trying out the comic strip format and developing something with that. Probably going to hold off on releasing any strips until 2017 but I'm real excited about this.

[​IMG]

Silver Surfer & Dawn, love the current Silver Surfer run- just totally pleasant comic books. Recommend em to anybody.

[​IMG]

Something done on the 3rd anniversary of one of our short films, Red Song.

[​IMG]

a Spider-Snark comic strip for Superior Spider-Talk that was just released today, more will be on the way in the coming weeks. This one I jam-packed with all kinds of secrets and fun stuff.
    [​IMG]

That other Spirit thing I was talking about we finally announced not too long ago! The whole summer my pal Dan & I were working closely on bringing the Spirit of the Shadows world to life as a super nutty short film we're putting out right before Halloween next month. Really proud of how the short is turning out. We wouldn't have done it if we weren't confident we could do it right. But next month, LOST IN THE SHADOWS, it'll be a fun, super weird ride!!

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

#82 Spidey_62, Sep 4, 2016
    Last edited: Sep 4, 2016
    Spider-Aziz likes this.
  8. ComicChick I Work Too Much

great update!

Spider-Aziz likes this.
  9. Spidey_62 This is so not spandex

Thanks, ComicChick!

Lost in the Shadows was finally released yesterday, just in time for Halloween! I'd be really grateful if you gave it a watch, it was 100% just a passion project for us and we hope people enjoy visiting this world as much as we had fun making it come to life.

Link here:
    [YT]jYq0J9vY8Gg[/YT]

Poster:
    [​IMG]
    A still:
    [​IMG]
    A behind the scenes image:
    [​IMG]

And an Inktober drawing for the day of the release (you can find more Inktober drawings on my Instagram, link in my sig):
    [​IMG]

Spider-Aziz likes this.
  10. Spidey_62 This is so not spandex

Some more random pieces:

Spawn, of all things. I actually would love to draw a Spawn story one day, I'd just like to bring a different approach to it.
    [​IMG]
    Luke vs Vader on Cloud City.
    [​IMG]
    A few TFA things from earlier in the year... Rey.
    [​IMG]
    Poe and BB-8.
    [​IMG]

Civil War thing when the movie came out:
    [​IMG]

All 31 drawings for Inktober.
    [​IMG]

Doctor Strange drawing from today actually, because it's Steve Ditko's birthday!
    [​IMG]

A mini Spirit of the Shadows, standing in the brushes of the Teramere town we built for Lost in the Shadows. There were 2 different sized mini guys that were in scale with the town and different sized interior props, and the shadow for the one little guy was used in one shot as a cool practical effect. You can watch the short online, link in my sig, and in the previous post!
    [​IMG]

Spider-Aziz likes this.
  11. Spidey_62 This is so not spandex

Just another update. Some storyboards for Lost in the Shadows, we stuck really closely to all of it. That was a cool experience, seeing it translated to film. Link to the film in my sig as per usual!
    [​IMG]

Some sketches from a few months ago that were done for backers on a project.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

1 specific panel from the Infinite Wonders Somewhat Silent Special that I found especially fun. (link for that comic somewhere on this page and in my signature too)

[​IMG]

Some sneak peeks at some Pink Lemonade. This project is something pretty personal as I'm pulling a lot from my feelings but presenting it in an abstracted way through this character and how she experiences things. I dunno, hope people will enjoy it whenever I start releasing the strips. Not til next year.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Spider-Aziz likes this.
  12. ComicChick I Work Too Much

your style and color palettes are always enjoyable

Spider-Aziz likes this.
  13. velocity Registered

I like the way you use colors, Great Art!

Spider-Aziz likes this.
  14. Spidey_62 This is so not spandex

Thank you guys, happy you like the colors! I really like using watercolors and mixing them with a bit of acrylics. That's how I'm coloring all the Pink Lemonade strips, it's very laborious but I think the handmade quality really is worth it here.

I wanted to update this with a few things, here was something for Valentine's day this year. Pink Lemonade and her bike, she loves her bike a lot.
    [​IMG]

The Spider-Family from Amazing Spider-Man: Renew Your Vows. That series is excellent, the most Spider-Man that a Spider-Man comic has felt in ages.
    [​IMG]

Spawn for Image Comics' 25th anniversary.
    [​IMG]

Peek at something with some digital colors.
    [​IMG]

Spider-Gwen sketch colored with some plain ol crayons.
    [​IMG]

And another peek inside at a Pink Lemonade strip, thinking I will start slowly releasing some of these in April. I've been holding this one close to the vest longer than I have with anything else but I think it'd be good to start letting this out, but I've gotta do it right, though.
    [​IMG]

#89 Spidey_62, Feb 15, 2017
    Last edited: Feb 15, 2017
    Spider-Aziz likes this.
  15. ComicChick I Work Too Much

Nice update dude :up:

Spider-Aziz likes this.
  16. Spidey_62 This is so not spandex

Thank you, here's just another update. I'm almost done coloring one last Pink Lemonade strip before leaving it off there for now so I can move onto something else. I feel like this specific place is a good spot to switch gears and finally start putting the project online to let people see what I have. But as that trickles out I'm going back to Infinite Wonders for issue #4 finally!

Cover for Infinite Wonders #4 here. If you've read the other issues we've done then you know you can expect a fun time. :yay:
    [​IMG]

Inks:
    [​IMG]

Charcoal drawing feat. Pink Lemonade.
    [​IMG]

Charcoal drawing feat. the Spirit of the Shadows.
    [​IMG]

The newest Spectacular Spider-Snark strip I drew for the Superior Spider-Talk website, a salute to Hostess fruit pie comic book ads of the 70s.
    [​IMG]

Another sneak peek inside at a Pink Lemonade strip.
    [​IMG]

Spider-Aziz likes this.
  17. Spidey_62 This is so not spandex

18. Spidey_62 This is so not spandex

19. Spidey_62 This is so not spandex

Pink Lemonade #1-14 for your reading pleasure (or pain).

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

20. ObserveCreative Registered

Spidey__62, Wow, really impressive what one artist can do with a minimal and yet very effective approach to his art. I admire the fact that you can work, almost effortlessly, around your own, creator-owned visuals (vibrant, alive, colorful) while having enough time to play around with various intellectual properties (some of your Lucas/Spidey images are priceless, you made me chuckle with your Superior Otto parody of the old Twinkies ads, because they do capture the essence without placing too much emphasis on having way too many characters within one drawing). In other words, congrats and keep up the good work!

21. Spidey_62 This is so not spandex

Thanks, really appreciate it! Glad that stuff works for ya.

Here are a few pieces I haven't posted here yet. Tribute to the 1st Sam Raimi Spider-Man movie for its 15th anniversary earlier this year.
    [​IMG]

Venom.
    [​IMG]

Ant-Man sketch cover commission.
    [​IMG]

Two Pink Lemonade pinups from a month or two ago.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Sneak peeks inside Infinite Wonders #4, more than halfway done with this issue. Also have been writing more Pink Lemonade strips, so that's been nice to make some more progress on as well.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

22. ObserveCreative Registered

Very nice! Who knows, maybe one day you will be able to patent Pink Lemonade (just like Lucas patented Star Wars) and turn it into a spectacular and original animated property.

23. Spidey_62 This is so not spandex

[​IMG]

The all-new issue of Infinite Wonders is out now!

Please do give it a read, it's 34 pages of colorful pop art superheroics, all free. At RadicalRealmComics.com

I've been working on Infinite Wonders for 4 years now, whenever I'm not working on other projects I've always come back to this series. This new one's our best issue yet.

24. Spidey_62 This is so not spandex

Here's some cool news to bump this thread. The new Pink Lemonade series is getting a wide release this October from It's Alive! Press.

[​IMG]

Special preview copies will be available next month at HeroesCon in Charlotte directly from me! If you're going to HeroesCon next month, get yourself some early Pink Lemonade! Otherwise, pre-order and make sure you get a copy this October!

Also check out this early review from ComicsGrinder!

Spider-Aziz likes this.
  25. Spider-Aziz Gomez Adams and Mulan

This post is made of invisible images.