• Secure your account

A friendly reminder to our users, please make sure your account is safe. Make sure you update your password and have an active email address to recover or change your password.

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Spike Lee To Direct 'Oldboy' remake

I didn't hate this movie like I thought I would, but that change they made to the ending made me regret watching it. That just pissed me off.

I thought Brolin was good. But Olsen was terrible
I thought Brolin had his moments but Olsen was just "eh" but the role was thankless so what are you gonna do? I'm obsessed with Sharlto Copley so I loved seeing him ham it the **** up. It's not a good performance but he is just so damn magnetic and interesting. He always gives it his all.

I thought the change to the ending/reveal of the villain's motive was way too over the top. It's the case of the writer wanting to outdo the original's shock reveal and it came off as just silly.

The Sharlto Copley flashbacks in the end are INSANE! It's like a Todd Solondz film or something.

I don't think that's what he meant by "the olsen twins". :cwink:

Troy_and_abed_handshake.gif

I thought Brolin had his moments but Olsen was just "eh" but the role was thankless so what are you gonna do? I'm obsessed with Sharlto Copley so I loved seeing him ham it the **** up. It's not a good performance but he is just so damn magnetic and interesting. He always gives it his all.

I thought the change to the ending/reveal of the villain's motive was way too over the top. It's the case of the writer wanting to outdo the original's shock reveal and it came off as just silly.

The change to the ending that really pissed me off was
having Brolin pay SLJ to incarcerate him again for the rest of his life. I was like, SERIOUSLY? Hey, I've got an idea if you'd like to redeem yourself, a**hole. How about you give those diamonds to your daughter so she can start a new life, and then tip off the cops that a bunch of sick f***s are holding God knows how many people prisoner in a warehouse across town. Nah, screw that... just PAY those scumbags a bunch of money so they lock you up again. What a stupid f***ing ending.

I think that ranks up there with Midnight Meat Train and Boxing Helena as one of the stupidest movie endings of all time.

Sharlto Copley a riot in this movie, when he stared saying "****e" I tried so hard not to laugh. Didn't wanna disturb since the theater was packed.

I thought Copley was pretty good in it. He had the creepiest voice I've ever heard. It just made my skin crawl when he talked.

I thought Brolin was good. But Olsen was terrible

Always rather baffled at some of the stuff that people call terrible.

Based on the material, I don't think anybody could've played that part better.

Brolin, Copley and Olsen were all very good in this.
Copley was a highly entertaining villain.

Not sure why people hate this movie so much, I liked both versions quite a bit.

The change to the ending that really pissed me off was
having Brolin pay SLJ to incarcerate him again for the rest of his life. I was like, SERIOUSLY? Hey, I've got an idea if you'd like to redeem yourself, a**hole. How about you give those diamonds to your daughter so she can start a new life, and then tip off the cops that a bunch of sick f***s are holding God knows how many people prisoner in a warehouse across town. Nah, screw that... just PAY those scumbags a bunch of money so they lock you up again. What a stupid f***ing ending.

I liked the idea of him feeling he deserved to be locked up again with his only sense of joy being to see his daughter happy, but yeah, being willing to pay those guys knowing what absolutely awful people they were doesn't really work.

I really loved Copley tricking him into thinking someone else was his daughter only to have her revealed as an actress though.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stevezorz
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"