• Rings of Power

Fantasy TV is now The Lord of the Rings!

• We're moving

Heroes are moving to the Movies sections!

The Wolverine SPOILER ALERT: Anyone bothered by....

Yup, in the 80s. He'll have bone claws.

Well, it'll be bone claws for a while. I tought it was impossible to have a functional wolverine without his adamantium, and it couldn't last long back in the 90's, and, well, we had a big chunk of Wolvie history adamantium-less.

I wonder if MAYBE, someday, we will get Adamantium Sabretooth...

Is the healing factor back by the end?

I think he'll get a little help from Maneto ;)

I somehow have a feeling that Trask industries will play some sort of roll in Wolverine getting his claws back in DoFP, unless they just go all bone or the timeline is a different one completely.

Why is everyone assuming he will get the adamantium back for DOFP?

infact im trying to work out weither he lost all his adamantium or whether his claws were the only thing not adamantium, magneto seemed to be able to hold him back

infact im trying to work out weither he lost all his adamantium or whether his claws were the only thing not adamantium, magneto seemed to be able to hold him back
Only the claws. They were slashed to open the way to drain his healing, but the rest of the skeleton is laced with the stuff

Go see the movie! :argh:
LOL, anyone that hasn't seen the movie yet should be anywhere near this thread. Seriously, it was the WTH moment of the movie, like the "Jean sacrificed herself" in X2

Yeah but I don't care about spoilers
and the healing factor is a bigger deal than this claw thing to me
it would kinda be a deal breaker, so I'd rather know now than get all pissed off at the end of the movie and walk out of the theater livid

don't you judge me

if you can promise the healing comes back, i can promise i'll go see it like 20 times

LOL, anyone that hasn't seen the movie yet should be anywhere near this thread. Seriously, it was the WTH moment of the movie, like the "Jean sacrificed herself" in X2

And seeing a movie just so I can provide play-by-play recaps to others is just not a service I provide.

don't you judge me
didn't mean to judge anyone, just that I think it is detrimental to the enjoyment of the film.

Go see the movie, you will be more than pleased with the healing factor :D

ok, thanks!
that's all I wanted, not the full blow-by-blow

Not assuming anything just guessing passing time now that DOFP is well on my radar after the wolverine.:woot:

Can someone tell me what explanation they gave for being able to strip the adamantium off the claws??? I mean, everyone knows once adamantium is cooled and set nothing short of 90s magneto can melt it or break it. I'm going tonight but I'd rather know if they did it in a stupid nonsensical way before I get a chance to rage??

Can someone tell me what explanation they gave for being able to strip the adamantium off the claws??? I mean, everyone knows once adamantium is cooled and set nothing short of 90s magneto can melt it or break it. I'm going tonight but I'd rather know if they did it in a stupid nonsensical way before I get a chance to rage??

I don't want to give the whole thing away, but just know: they don't strip the adamantium off of the claws. It's something else that happens.

I don't want to give the whole thing away, but just know: they don't strip the adamantium off of the claws. It's something else that happens.

SAY WHAT NOW???!!! Please tell me they're not cut off and then re-grow! ADAMANTIUM CANNOT BE CUT IN ANY CIRCUMSTANCE that didn't involve severe PIS.......oh Lord have mercy!!! Thor's hand all over!!! I'm going to go slowly insane with these movies.

SAY WHAT NOW???!!! Please tell me they're not cut off and then re-grow! ADAMANTIUM CANNOT BE CUT IN ANY CIRCUMSTANCE that didn't involve severe PIS.......oh Lord have mercy!!! Thor's hand all over!!! I'm going to go slowly insane with these movies.

They do introduce a logic to how it happens. It's not as bad as it seems and might have something to do with your previous post or I could just be making it up... But watch first.

Just got back from seeing it. Solid X men entry!

I actually like the fact that in the post credits scene he still has his bone claws. It makes a nice change.

I would have liked a 'Wolverine' sequel where we get to see him and his 'bodyguard' on adventures. Maybe they'll do one but just have it take place in-between the end of the movie and the two years...

They do introduce a logic to how it happens. It's not as bad as it seems and might have something to do with your previous post or I could just be making it up... But watch first.

i didnt really catch the explanation... what was it? I just kind of put the pieces together myself that one heated up adamantium sword cut cut through his claws (bone laced with adamantium on the outside).

Ugghhhhh......thanks my friend! Though I know if magneto is not involved no matter what logic they use I'm not gonna buy it. Marvel canon trumps fox logic. I'm really tired of these filmmakers making our most indestructible characters weak and vulnerable. Whatever. Can't be as bad as mandarin.

Well they explained in 'Origins' that adamantium can pierce through adamantium, ala the bullet to the head by Stryker.

i didnt really catch the explanation... what was it? I just kind of put the pieces together myself that one heated up adamantium sword cut cut through his claws (bone laced with adamantium on the outside).

Wow. If that's true then the explanation is wolverine : origins bad. Adamantium bullet vs adamantium skull all over again. News flash Fox: primary adamantium cannot damage primary adamantium! And adamantium that is set is immune to any and all heat! Jeez.....barring a supernova I guess.

[blackout]Super-heated adamantium cutting through adamantium.[/blackout]

[blackout]This is also how Wolverine cuts the head off the adamantium mech suit.[/blackout]

[blackout]Super-heated adamantium cutting through adamantium.[/blackout]

[blackout]This is also how Wolverine cuts the head off the adamantium mech suit.[/blackout]

Yep.

[BLACKOUT]He can't defeat the mech suit with his claws, it's weapon that they used that got the job done.[/BLACKOUT]

A possible explanation of Wolverine having the Adamantium is that the Wolverine in DOFP comes from a time line that due to the events before it he didn't end up in Japan.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cap2024
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"