• Rings of Power

Fantasy TV is now The Lord of the Rings!

• We're moving

Heroes are moving to the Movies sections!

The Wolverine SPOILER ALERT: Anyone bothered by....

Why would it need to be in DOFP? It could have been saved for a future film. It would fit that story because Magneto is the staple X-Men villain. He and Wolverine have a history together now. Most importantly Magneto has the ability to make it happen and it would be believable.

Wolverine lost his claws in this film as part of some ridiculous scheme to drill into his bones and suck out his healing powers via a giant robot. This is the adamantium bullet all over again except this time since fanboys decided they would love this movie before it was released, this terrible plot device has been given a pass.

It bothered me more especially when Mariko distracted the mecha from cutting only to be cut later...
I really hope he gets his adamantium back on cuz DOFP will seem odd for me if Wolvie fights Sentinal with bone claws.
And I don't think him getting adamantium back will change the value of the movie. I mean he gets his "purpose" back right? Why not claws?
Also any reaction from GA regarding claw removal?

Last edited:
No one I've spoken to outside the fanboy/girl community has brought up an issue with it. Last time I saw it (this morning) some people in the audience cheered when the bone claws came out. the whole "why didn't they saaaaave it" stuff is just a fan gripe because of comics knowledge. The scene served a purpose in THIS movie and at the end of the day that's what matters.

No one I've spoken to outside the fanboy/girl community has brought up an issue with it. Last time I saw it (this morning) some people in the audience cheered when the bone claws came out. the whole "why didn't they saaaaave it" stuff is just a fan gripe because of comics knowledge. The scene served a purpose in THIS movie and at the end of the day that's what matters.

I personally don't like bone claws at all, it has nothing to do with that storyline with Mags for me. watched with couple of friends, who are not into comics at all but are crazy CBM fans and they didn't like it either. May i ask what was the purpose of that scene in THIS movie? I may be missing something here.

I like bone claws, it gives us something to think about, cause those claws can be damaged and broken off too.

Maybe he was given bone claws so the next time he gets his real ones, its Apocalypse doing it lol.

May i ask what was the purpose of that scene in THIS movie?

It was the classic underdog uppercut moment. When you think he's down and out he pulls out a hay-maker. That's what served the scene.

For example, if the bone claws came out immediately after his metal ones were cut off it wouldn't have had any impact.

I was never a fan of the bone claws in the comics, but the movies are different. How would you explain Weapon X putting those claws onto him another way if he didn't already have claws built into him? His body would have rejected them.

Personally I give far more leeway to crazy inexplicable s**t in the comics because, well, they're comics. Film is a more fluid visual medium so when things are presented in relative terms they should have plausible explanations within the confines of the story.

It was the classic underdog uppercut moment. When you think he's down and out he pulls out a hay-maker. That's what served the scene.

For example, if the bone claws came out immediately after his metal ones were cut off it wouldn't have had any impact.

I was never a fan of the bone claws in the comics, but the movies are different. How would you explain Weapon X putting those claws onto him another way if he didn't already have claws built into him? His body would have rejected them.

Poni_Boy, you think he'll get them back with a lil help from Magneto in DOFP?

Seems like it could happen :D

I have no idea. But it's good to know that if the story calls for it, he can plausibly get them back without it feeling like a forced aspect. that's how it would have felt if Mariko out of no where was like "oh, let me find a scientist that could maybe weld them back on before the movie is over"

After First Class and now TW I have faith that stuff isn't going to happen in these movies without explanation. And I'm very excited at the possibility of being surprised with more outside the box ideas

Personally I give far more leeway to crazy inexplicable s**t in the comics because, well, they're comics. Film is a more fluid visual medium so when things are presented in relative terms they should have plausible explanations within the confines of the story.

Yes of course the "hay-maker" finish as you describe is the only redeemable moment of the third act for me. I thought the bone claws had something to do with being thematic and stuff. I have nothing against bone claws, its just i prefer adamantium and didn't like him loosing it. But yes since he does loose his claws, I couldn't agree more regarding the bone claw finish. probably the only actual berserk badass moment in the series and made me less riled up about him losing his adamantium claws. I have nothing against the lore of bone claws, its just I prefer Adamantium, being indestructible and all.

I have no idea. But it's good to know that if the story calls for it, he can plausibly get them back without it feeling like a forced aspect. that's how it would have felt if Mariko out of no where was like "oh, let me find a scientist that could maybe weld them back on before the movie is over"

After First Class and now TW I have faith that stuff isn't going to happen in these movies without explanation. And I'm very excited at the possibility of being surprised with more outside the box ideas

It would be awesome if they return his adamantium claws in the same fashion he got his healing back in TW.

Last edited:
Nope i was okay with it. Maybe he will get the metal claws back in the next movie

Last edited:
I was hoping he had the adamantium back in the mid credit scene. I'm bothered by it but I'm sure it will get sorted out later. ....hopefully.

Speaking of which, did he just lose the adamantium on his bone claws or his whole body? Because if all the metal is gone from his body, then Magneto shouldn't have any control over Logan like in the mid credits scene.

I didn't like him losing the claws either, but they needed a way to get to the marrow in his bones the easiest way to do it was cutting off the claws, in the comics the SS is a mutant and charge his blade to cut through anything, in the movie they just made it tech instead.

Speaking of which, did he just lose the adamantium on his bone claws or his whole body? Because if all the metal is gone from his body, then Magneto shouldn't have any control over Logan like in the mid credits scene.

he could still use the iron in the blood, according to comics any way, but it was just the claws not all the metal.

I really don't have a problem with what happens in the movie as far as the claws go.

I actually had more of a problem with him not having his healing factor for most of the movie.
In the comics I never liked that they removed the adamantium from his bones but I did think him having bones claws the whole time and not knowing it was awesome.

What do you guys think about them not having Wolverine have a reaction to having bone claws?
I didn't even think about it while watching the movie so I don't think it was needed.

By the way when is Kayla mentioned in the movie? I had seen it mentioned that she's referenced and was waiting for it but still missed it.

I actually had more of a problem with him not having his healing factor for most of the movie.

This is actually one of of my favorite things with the movie. It really made Wolverine really vulnerable.

I don't mind. I thought it was an interesting development

What do you guys think about them not having Wolverine have a reaction to having bone claws?

Don't see a reason why he would. He remembers his time in WW2, he's dreaming about it during the movie and remembering it while awake so they aren't something he wasn't aware of in the movie-verse.

After seeing it twice now I really like that he's gone back to the bone claws. Its like after the end of his film he has come full circle and found redemption, he's let go of Jean, moved on from his past, cleansed his soul and he can go and do whatever he wants again as the ending alludes to, he is reborn brand new (ok yes he still has the rest of his adimantium skeleton I know)

I do prefer his metal claws, but its a great starting point for DoFP as its a new start for him and lets be honest its not going to be too difficult to come up with an idea to get them back. I'm sure we can all think of some.

The one thing I'm confused about is that Yashida wanted to transfer his healing power onto himself so his plan was to drain all the adamentium from his body? What does adamentium have to do with Wolverine's healing factor? I think I missed something there...

Magneto could easily re-bond some adamantium to Wolverine's claws again, and it'll most likely happen in DoFP.

The one thing I'm confused about is that Yashida wanted to transfer his healing power onto himself so his plan was to drain all the adamentium from his body? What does adamentium have to do with Wolverine's healing factor? I think I missed something there...

I was a little confused there too and I wasn't sure if he did. I just assumed he was draining his life force or something and that his bone claws only cane through because he'd chopped the adamantium at their edges in his hands . But he clearly didn't take all his adamantium cause Magneto was able to stop Wolverine from striking him.

Magneto could easily re-bond some adamantium to Wolverine's claws again, and it'll most likely happen in DoFP.

I just hope if he does get his adamantium claws back that they explain it. It can even be a throwaway sentence aslong as they don't ignore it.

Last edited:
I was definitely bothered by it. Its not something I'd consider a flaw on the movie's part, more of a personal pet peeve. To me taking away the metal claws is like taking away Superman's strength or Cap's shield, its just a huge part of what makes the character special to me. I felt it would have been more appropriate to end the film with Logan coming out of this low point in his life stronger than ever, but he actually feels weaker now. I know it happened in the comics once, but I didn't like it there either.

I was a bit annoyed by it as well. He needs his adamantium claws back somehow.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cap2024
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"