The Wolverine SPOILER ALERT: Anyone bothered by....

"2 Years Later" for both my screenings.

I loved the way the metal claws looked in this movie, subtle differences but vastly improved believability, so I was disappointed to see them go. That being said, I get why it happened and I definitely felt the dramatic impact.

I loved the way the metal claws looked in this movie, subtle differences but vastly improved believability, so I was disappointed to see them go. That being said, I get why it happened and I definitely felt the dramatic impact.

and hes bound to get them back at some point:cwink:

I love the adamantium claws. It was sad to see them go. Like someone getting a haircut against their will or something, once it's done it's done. I'd like to see them come back, though I did quite like the bone claws at the beginning of the movie in the pit. Having two sets of claws, adamantium and bone, is a smart idea if they're dealing with time travel and timelines.

I love the adamantium claws. It was sad to see them go. Like someone getting a haircut against their will or something, once it's done it's done. I'd like to see them come back, though I did quite like the bone claws at the beginning of the movie in the pit. Having two sets of claws, adamantium and bone, is a smart idea if they're dealing with time travel and timelines.

Keeps things interesting too.

The Scenes there the Silver Samurai destroyed Wolverines Claws caught me off Guard. The was Great in this Movie!

I like that Mangold had the guts to do that (my theatre was shocked). The movie had long-term and genuine consequences for Logan both emotionally and physically. I am still saying that Yukio was in the bathroom and that is why she wasn't there when Erik and Charles appeared.

I like that Mangold had the guts to do that (my theatre was shocked). The movie had long-term and genuine consequences for Logan both emotionally and physically. I am still saying that Yukio was in the bathroom and that is why she wasn't there when Erik and Charles appeared.

Yes its good that TW leaves logan with physical scars to deal with going forward even though his mental health has improved, it still came at a cost.

His bone claws can't go through metal,so now he isn't as powerful as before.So against flesh there good,but not against steel doors,bullet proof vests,chains,can't fight against swords,etc.

He'll simply have to be more tactical. A lot of comic writers forget that Logan is supposed to be extremely intelligent, so he is not just mr. slashy.

His bone claws can't go through metal,so now he isn't as powerful as before.So against flesh there good,but not against steel doors,bullet proof vests,chains,can't fight against swords,etc.

Well his bone claws break easily.

But the good thing about this is we might have an entire film with Wolverine fighting with bone claws.

His bone claws can't go through metal

Neither can his metal claws, if the Shingen fight is any indication. :huh:

Why don't his claws cut through Shingen's swords?

For that matter, why doesn't Shingen's sword break on Logan's adamantium-coated ribcage instead of slicing right through him?

Is Shingen's sword made of adamantium?

I doubt even if the sword was adamantium he'd have had the force of strength to press through his ribcage. More likely the sword was to the side and between the ribs, not directly up against bone.

The losing of the claws surprised me but it made sense and worked with the film and was obviously required for the showdown with Silver Samurai.

I'd like him to get the adamantium back at some point but it shouldn't be so simple as replacing a broken part.

Rules for writers:

When you need to accomplish things like continuity error fixes or impossible objectives....

Time Travel

Wolverine will get his claws back trough time travel.

I hope not. But I think next movie Magneto will put the metal on his claws again to help him kill the Sentials.

Yea I liked the look of these claws. I wish they took the metal claws away in the first wolverine movie, lol. Because fox kids had better claws than those.

Syfy channel original movies had better cgi than the claws in Origins.

Syfy channel original movies had better cgi than the claws in Origins.

I never understood why the claws looked SO bad in Origins. There were three X-Men films before it and the claws in the trilogy looked fine.

And really, there was no need for CGI claws in the bathroom scene in Origins. That entire sequence should've been done with practical claws. No excuse.

I never understood why the claws looked SO bad in Origins. There were three X-Men films before it and the claws in the trilogy looked fine.

And really, there was no need for CGI claws in the bathroom scene in Origins. That entire sequence should've been done with practical claws. No excuse.

Ugh, the claws in the bathroom scene... :doh:

The claws in the OT and TW were mostly real props. The only cgi used was when they were supposed to be close to people's faces or throats. For some stupid reason, the people who made Origins made the claws cgi ALL THE TIME. And it was REALLY ****** cgi.

Does anyone else have the feeling Trask Industries may have something to do with Wolverine's claws being adamantium again?

Maybe they wanna see how a Sentinel does against a powerful mutant and so capture Wolverine, give him his metal claws back and set him upon a sentinel? Something similar happened in the X-Men: Evolution cartoon were the government captured Logan and put him up against a Sentinel to see how it did.

I don't see any reason why they will need to give Wolverine his adamantium claws back in DOFP. As surprising as this sounds, it's his mind they want, not his body...

The whole concept is sending present day Wolverine's mind back to 1973 Wolverine's body, and guess what, that Wolverine still has his adamantium claws!

It will actually be cool to see Wolverine "wake up" after his mind has been sent back and when he pops his claws he can look at them possibly with longing. The idea to show how he has missed having the adamantium claws...

A simple smile could be used to show this, right before he starts taking care of business...

But anyway, the point is that for this movie there is absolutely no reason to give him back his adamantium claws. If they do it it will just be to get the audience to go "yay"!, but will serve no purpose. That would be better served in a future movie.

To me, this movie should have effectively 4 different Wolverines. Hear me out on this...

First you have present day Wolverine. This is the one that is approached by Magneto and Xavier at the air port. Has anyone figured out when this would be in relation to X3?

Next we know we will have the 1973 Wolverine to which the present day Wolvie's mind will be sent. So, what is 1973 Wolverine doing when his mind is swapped out? Is he in Vietnam?

Then we would have a future Wolverine, the one that famously fights a Sentinal in the comics with Kate Pride. But this would be a different Wolverine than the one in the airport (same one, but older). Again, the Trask timeline has the Sentinal Mark 5 released in 2020. This version will likely be the one that takes control of the nation and causes the concentration camps, etc. To me, that scene where an elder Wolverine, wearing the brown leather jacket, takes down a Sentinal is such a visually pleasing scene that they have to have it in the movie.

The fourth would possibly be a brand new present Wolverine after the past is "fixed". This could possibly be an Age of Apocalypse Wolverine...

The different timelines thing can really cause issues for the general audience, depending on how the story is shown. They may try to go simple, which would be Sentinal have taken over, send Wolvie's mind back to 1973, change the past, change the future. So what I mean is not really explain and/or show the GA that these are different realities, which means different Wolverines...

The one place where I'm confused is why start this 3 years after The Wolverine? If this is all based on a dystopian future that hasn't happened yet, then why not start us in 2025 after the Sentinals have taken over? The reason why I feel that the present Wolverine is not from the time where things are really bad (yet) is that if they were Wolverine would not be traveling on a airplane and nothing was shown in The Wolverine to make us think that these robots are going around controlling things...

So this begs a question...

Is the story they are going with simply that they need to change something that did happen in the past to prevent the dystopian future (which has not yet happened, but will in like 10 years), or do they need to prevent something that was changed in the past that created a different dystopian future. I know, confusing, right.

Think about it this way...

616 reality = Normal timeline that does not have sentinals. Is this the one with Wolvie, Xavier and Eirk at the airport?

811 reality = Days of Future past timeline, after something in the past was changed. Are they using this timeline at all, or just using the 616 and saying that normal events would have led to a dystopian future?

295 reality = Age of Apocalypse. Will they end the movie with this being the "fixed" future timeline?

So will they go with different realities, or just one timeline (reality) where stuff changes around the character?

I don't see any reason why they will need to give Wolverine his adamantium claws back in DOFP. As surprising as this sounds, it's his mind they want, not his body...

The whole concept is sending present day Wolverine's mind back to 1973 Wolverine's body, and guess what, that Wolverine still has his adamantium claws!

The bulk of Origins most likely takes place after 1973, so he would not yet have the adamantium.

Does anyone else have the feeling Trask Industries may have something to do with Wolverine's claws being adamantium again?

Maybe they wanna see how a Sentinel does against a powerful mutant and so capture Wolverine, give him his metal claws back and set him upon a sentinel? Something similar happened in the X-Men: Evolution cartoon were the government captured Logan and put him up against a Sentinel to see how it did.

Most certainly, especially with that clip in the credits scene which Logan looks at showing limb replacement and talking about developments in that field.

I took it as a big clue or I could just have read too much into that scene:woot:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"