The Wolverine SPOILER ALERT: Anyone bothered by....

I was being sarcastic. Yes, I know about Magneto ripping out the adamantium. :cwink:

It wasn't Magneto, but there's an arc in Wolverine and the X-Men where a some alien weapon melted the adamantium, and the broke Wolverine's legs, turned them backwards, and let the metal freeze back up that way.

The dumbest I can think of recently was in the Wolverine MAX series, when he lost both legs in a plane crash and they somehow regenerated with the adamantium.

Just curious - did he ever manipulate adamantium in the comics? As in reshape it? Does anyone know? (But even if he didn't, we now know that Marvel Studios has no hesitation to stay faithful to the comics - so I suppose Magneto can fix Wolverine up in the next movie regardless).

Oh yes, he did indeed:

2420099-rip.jpg

Not concerned about Wolvie's claws at all
he'll get 'em back when he needs em
you got the Magneto option, or bad place, Wolvie could just find a lab experimenting with weapon X tech and stick the claws in some molten adamantium.
that could be kinda cool actually, kind of a hybrid bone/metal claw

come to think of it, how did they get his claws so smooth and shiny if they couldn't mold or sharpen them once bonded??
they just came out perfect the first time he popped em

Last edited:
How are those rumors of young Stryker being in the film looking? He might have something to do with it.

But with Wolverine, it can't be explained with just 1 sentence. Like they have to show it in DOFP. And do they have time for that? Especially Wolverine is the one who is going to time travel.

Prof X went to another body and Magneto got his powers back in the last two scenes of X3.

Right. I'd be pissed if they just open up DOFP and he's got his adamantium claws back. I'm expecting a kick-ash scene where he gets the claws back and the audience applauds. Magneto will probably help him out there.

I actually don't see old (current timeline) Wolverine being in the movie that much. It's pretty obvious where they are going, especially after that post credits scene...

In the present (at the time where Logan was approached by Magneto - with power back - and Xavier - in the body of his twin comatose brother - ugh!!!), Trask industries is working with the Government to create a machine (Mastermold or the Sentinals - or both) that will target all mutants. They have come to the conclusion (or know from contact with someone from the future - maybe Xavier) what this will lead to. They have come up with a way to send present Wolverine's mind back in time into the body of his 1973 self.

They go through the process and Wolvie present is now controlling his past self. He has to fix whatever thing they have concluded will cause this future problem. He'll work with the First Class versions of Xavier and Beast to fix whatever it is they need to fix. Maybe whatever it is will be caused by Magneto and the evil mutants (Mystique et al) or they will get them to help. They'll fix the problems and Wolverine will go back to the present.

Maybe he'll find that things are not fixed and instead they are worse and the world has been taken over by a Mutant names Apolcalypse. Maybe they'll just have it that he returns and eveything is cool now. We'll see (I like my first idea better).

But the point is that it won't matter if present Wolverine has bone or adamantium claws, so likely it won't be part of the story.

It is possible though that a future Wolverine will be shown with Sentinals attacking and him popping his adamantium claws, leading to the logical conclusion that somehow, at some point, he'll get them back...

Wrong!!!

Actually, Magneto did!

In X-Men #25, back in 1993, Wolverine almost killed Magneto. Magneto, in a rage caused by Wolverine almost killing him, used his powers to tear the adamantium off of Wolverine's skeletin and out of his body through his pours.

Yes, it's safe to say that that hurt Wolverine... a lot!

Magneto didn't transmute/disassemble adamantium in this instance. He simply moved it from point A to point B. It was still an adamantium skeleton when he was done with it, regardless of Wolverine's pain.

Sorry - and that's "pores," not "pours."

Imagine if Bryan gives us his own version of the Weapon X experiment in DoFP!

Magneto didn't transmute/disassemble adamantium in this instance. He simply moved it from point A to point B. It was still an adamantium skeleton when he was done with it, regardless of Wolverine's pain.

no, he completely liquified the adamantium and sucked it out through the pores
it wasn't like magneto pulled hollow, bone-shaped pieces of adamantium out of wolverine's butt

will it matter in dofp when he gets sent to the 70's he will still have bone claws

You got me on the spelling of pores.

Actually, I researched it yesterday and Magneto pulled the adamantium out of his wounds, not his pores.

Anyway, of you look at the picture of what Magneto did to Wolverine he didn't remove his skeleton, he removed just the adamantium. In the picture it looked more like he liquified it out of him. Think that's the best way to say it...

So yes, he moved it from point A to point B, but it really comes down to your definition of "transmute" or "dissassemble". How could he pull the actual skeleton out through Wolverine's wounds? How would Wolverine be able to move if his skeleton was removed?

No, he liquified the adamantium and pulled it out of Wolverine and to me that is "transmuting".

Transmute: To change from one form or state into another.

2420099-rip.jpg

But my argument was how someone stated that no one has ever messed with Wolverine's adamantium, which was just flat out wrong!

But my argument was how someone stated that no one has ever messed with Wolverine's adamantium, which was just flat out wrong!

And I was only saying that because I was being sarcastic. Hence the ":dry:" after the comment.

Sheesh... :doh:

My big question with the timeline is this: Wolverine doesn't remember anything from before the adamantium. So he shouldn't remember Yashida or any of that stuff at Nagasaki, right? But he does. So...what's the deal?

(I thought the movie was awesome, by the way.)

Wolverine remembers bits and pieces from his past (both in the comics and movies) but they're fragmented and confusing to him. In X2, he kept having flashbacks to Weapon X and remembered Stryker's name, but didn't know what it all meant. In the comics, he can remember fighting alongside Captain America in WWII, but not his real name (until recently).

My big question with the timeline is this: Wolverine doesn't remember anything from before the adamantium. So he shouldn't remember Yashida or any of that stuff at Nagasaki, right? But he does. So...what's the deal?

(I thought the movie was awesome, by the way.)

Well in the X-Men Trilogy he was regaining some of his memories... for instances he remembers Stryker when he meets him, but cant remember all the details. Plus the film starts with him having a dream about what happened in Nagasaki, so that was kinda their shortcut to say "look he remembers this event that is quite significant to the plot"!

Wrong!!!

Actually, Magneto did!

In X-Men #25, back in 1993, Wolverine almost killed Magneto. Magneto, in a rage caused by Wolverine almost killing him, used his powers to tear the adamantium off of Wolverine's skeletin and out of his body through his pours.

Yes, it's safe to say that that hurt Wolverine... a lot!

Wolverine ended up in a coma and his healing factor was overloaded.

When he finally was healed he felt useless and tried to see if he could still compete by taking part in a Danger Room sequence in the highest setting. I believe the program had a sentinal. He got whooped! He popped his claws and for the first time we saw that they were bone and not implanted knives. His bone claws were broken during the fight, leading to this:

3865_4_0079.jpg

He ended up quiting the X-Men and I believe he was off the team for the next 6 years.

He ended up getting the adamantium back when Apocalypse brainwashed him into becoming his Horseman Death and re-bonded his skeletin.

So, it is very factual that Magneto does indeed have the ability to manipulate adamantium, but...

The problem with the movie was how easily Wolverine's adamantium claws were cut. And the whole heating thing doesn't work. It's like saying this...

If I took a hot piece of steel and swung it at a piece of steel of a similar size, what would happen? Likely the hot steel would break or bend before the non-heated steel.

Same for adamantium, except as Striker once said, once adamantium is cooled it can not be heated again. This was a huge hole in the story. General audience won't see that, or care, but us fan boys will.

Also, when and how exactly did Viper put that Matrix robotic fishy thing into Wolverine so it could wrap around his heart? Were we supposed to believe that that greenish smoke from the bowl knocked out a guy whose healing factor makes it so no poison affects him?

Just to nitpick, That issue is actually where Wolvie fights Cyber....who breaks Wolverine's bone claws for the first time. :) Incidentally, Apocalypse rips the adamantium off Cyber to bond it back on Wolverine when he made him Death.

Last edited:
Well in the X-Men Trilogy he was regaining some of his memories... for instances he remembers Stryker when he meets him, but cant remember all the details. Plus the film starts with him having a dream about what happened in Nagasaki, so that was kinda their shortcut to say "look he remembers this event that is quite significant to the plot"!

Yeah and he remembered abit more later and he was kind if shocked when he re-discovered where it had happened later.

And he leaves town mostly because he started an ugly fight at a bar and noticed the cops were on their way there when he was in the car with Yukio. Skipping town was a good idea, even if I doubted then he remembered exactly who Yashida was.

Imagine if Bryan gives us his own version of the Weapon X experiment in DoFP!
could be interesting, while he's back in the 70'd he could find young Stryker and have him use the weapon x project to recover his claws again

I was being sarcastic. Yes, I know about Magneto ripping out the adamantium. :cwink:

It wasn't Magneto, but there's an arc in Wolverine and the X-Men where a some alien weapon melted the adamantium, and the broke Wolverine's legs, turned them backwards, and let the metal freeze back up that way.

The dumbest I can think of recently was in the Wolverine MAX series, when he lost both legs in a plane crash and they somehow regenerated with the adamantium.
Do we know for sure that his entire skeleton was bonded with adamantium in the MAX books? I was under the impression that he just had the claws. Gotta re-read.

Taking his claws marred an otherwise excellent film for me. I can't describe how much I hate the bone claws. That being said its a great movie otherwise and deserves to do well but there was almost no one in the theater. Man of Steel ( which I completely adored) and Pacific Rim had far more people going into see them today than brand new Wolverine. I went to see it despite horrible word of mouth but my eldest kids both huge geeks gave it a skip.

I don't if its his claws being lost or him knowing nothing about japan or him being depowered throughout the movie ( which bothered me less than I thought it would) but among my geeky friends and associates it might as well be Origins 2. No interest.

could be interesting, while he's back in the 70'd he could find young Stryker and have him use the weapon x project to recover his claws again

so many things wrong with that.....

1.He despises stryker
2.Why would he allow the guy who took his memories and turned him into a monster to do it again?
3.that would cause further timeline issues, unless X 1 is set in 1988

Right. I'd be pissed if they just open up DOFP and he's got his adamantium claws back. I'm expecting a kick-ash scene where he gets the claws back and the audience applauds. Magneto will probably help him out there.

Yeah seriously. He needs the bone claws at the start. Show Magneto give him some more adamantium. This will call back to X2 and his "the only other man I know who can manipulate adamantium" thing.

Because we need his metal claws against Sentinels and also the iconic scene where he gets vaporized and all that remains is the adamantium skeleton...

Plus I thought it would be cool that he would go from his future self with metal claws back to his 70s self with bone claws...

so many things wrong with that.....

1.He despises stryker
2.Why would he allow the guy who took his memories and turned him into a monster to do it again?
3.that would cause further timeline issues, unless X 1 is set in 1988

first of all, wasn't being serious

but, how does it change when the OT took place? it doesn't have to take place exactly 15 years ago, from the first movie

Just to nitpick, That issue is actually where Wolvie fights Cyber....who breaks Wolverine's bone claws for the first time. :) Incidentally, Apocalypse rips the adamantium off Cyber to bond it back on Wolverine when he made him Death.

Actually that was Genesis that used Cyber's adamantium. :cwink:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"