Justice League *SPOILER THREAD* Zack Snyder's Justice League

Either Gal has a limited range when it comes to facial expressions or Zack enjoys reusing her shots for several scenes. :o

Photo-001.jpg

Photo-002.jpg

Photo-003.jpg

Photo-004.jpg
She wasn't part of reshoots and we have already seen Zack re-using Henry's MoS footage (and BvS shots), so I think Zack did use some shots in more than one scene. The CGI background can be changed as originally, they wold he shooting against a green screen.

Interestingly, Zack got Ezra Miller to shoot new Knightmare scenes by giving instructions over phone to crew shooting Fantastic beasts.

Just finished waching this. Yeah it's better than Whedons cut but that ain't saying much. It's more or less the same film. There's no reason why this was 4 hours. (took me 2 days to get through it) You could have had a solid 2.5 to 3 HR cut of a movie. Its too long, excessive slo mo and its just dreary, depressing.

Also I'm not sure what exactly Whedon to reshoot (apart from Superman. I felt his version was better written than Snyders imo). He could have Salvaged Snyders cut.

Just finished waching this. Yeah it's better than Whedons cut but that ain't saying much. It's more or less the same film. There's no reason why this was 4 hours. (took me 2 days to get through it) You could have had a solid 2.5 to 3 HR cut of a movie. Its too long, excessive slo mo and its just dreary, depressing.

Also I'm not sure what exactly Whedon to reshoot (apart from Superman. I felt his version was better written than Snyders imo). He could have Salvaged Snyders cut.
More or less the same film? More more or more less? Get outta here

More or less the same film? More more or more less? Get outta here

I watched The whedon Cut before the Snyder cut and I stand by it what I said. The only character that got the short end of the stick was cyborg in the Wheldon Cut. Not sure again why he needed reshoots but I get why certain scenes needed to be trimmed down. I wasn't impressed by either cuts tbh.

We live in a post Avengers World, there's nothing in the Wheldon nor Snyder cut that happened that I haven't seen before. It all felt to me like been there done that. The only scene I chuckled was when Superman dodged Barry and ran into Aquaman.

I'll say this tho, Stephen wolf in the Snyder cut is wayyyyyyyy better THAN whedons. He had an actual motive than the paint by the numbers VILLAIN whedon wrote.

That being said. I have no desire to ever sit through 4 hours of Snyders cut again. That was rough.

I watched The whedon Cut before the Snyder cut and I stand by it what I said. The only character that got the short end of the stick was cyborg in the Wheldon Cut. Not sure again why he needed reshoots but I get why certain scenes needed to be trimmed down. I wasn't impressed by either cuts tbh.

We live in a post Avengers World, there's nothing in the Wheldon nor Snyder cut that happened that I haven't seen before. It all felt to me like been there done that. The only scene I chuckled was when Superman dodged Barry and ran into Aquaman.

I'll say this tho, Stephen wolf in the Snyder cut is wayyyyyyyy better THAN whedons. He had an actual motive than the paint by the numbers VILLAIN whedon wrote.

That being said. I have no desire to ever sit through 4 hours of Snyders cut again. That was rough.
It’s literally 75% or more not the same film.

Zack Snyder's Justice League (2021) and Justice League (2017) are the same film in a similar way Dwayne Johnson and I are the same person.
We're both bipedal mammals, made of mostly the same elements and molecules, DNA is 99% the same etc.
However on closer inspection a few key differences become apparent. Dwayne Johnsone is much larger, more powerful and far more appealing, by most standards he is a far superior version, as is ZSJL.

I understand what TeeKay is saying. The skeletons of both cuts are the same. This version is simply a finished workprint version before focus group testing.

But yes, Steppenwolf does work better as a villain here. Removing all of the mentions and connections to Darkseid makes his presence and character arc pointless.

But there are a lot of pointless scenes and extra subplots here that don't really go anywhere and don't really add to the character texture. It just feels heavily padded.

Superman feels like even less of a character in this version.

Last edited:
So how come Wonder Woman has absolutely no objection this time round to bringing back Superman? She doesn't have any of the same issues supposedly related to Steve Trevor coming back. I didn't mind that scene in the Whedon cut and gave both Diana and Bruce more scenes of interaction.

And why does Aquaman now have problems about that?

I wouldn't mind a combined Snyder/ Whedon cut putting back some of the scenes that worked with the theatrical version or providing more interaction.

I would've also preferred a traditional red and blue Superman with the team at the end. Superman still seems like a completely wooden character. I simply would've preferred a film where Superman was involved for the whole thing and mixing with the rest instead of this relatively minor role or plot device.

I understand what TeeKay is saying. The skeletons of both cuts are the same. This version is simply a finished workprint version before focus group testing.

But yes, Steppenwolf does work better as a villain here. Removing all of the mentions and connections to Darkseid makes his presence and character arc pointless.

But there are a lot of pointless scenes and extra subplots here that don't really go anywhere and don't really add to the character texture. It just feels heavily padded.

Superman feels like even less of a character in this version.

Agreed. The knightmare scene, Martian Manhunter scenes and those women singing after Aquaman left were just pointless. This could definitely be a 2.5 hr film. Not sure what warranted a 4 HR cut.

So how come Wonder Woman has absolutely no objection this time round to bringing back Superman? She doesn't have any of the same issues supposedly related to Steve Trevor coming back. I didn't mind that scene in the Whedon cut and gave both Diana and Bruce more scenes of interaction.

And why does Aquaman now have problems about that?

I wouldn't mind a combined Snyder/ Whedon cut putting back some of the scenes that worked with the theatrical version or providing more interaction.

I would've also preferred a traditional red and blue Superman with the team at the end. Superman still seems like a completely wooden character. I simply would've preferred a film where Superman was involved for the whole thing and mixing with the rest instead of this relatively minor role or plot device.

I think the conflict that Whedon brought into the team (Yes its very Avengers like) on whether to bring back Supes, Aquaman sitting on the lasso and Diana massaging Bruce were good scenes in the Whedon Cut. Heck I know I'm the minority but superman was way better written by Whedon than Terrio and Snyder.

I really do like this scene tho

Agreed. The knightmare scene, Martian Manhunter scenes and those women singing after Aquaman left were just pointless. This could definitely be a 2.5 hr film. Not sure what warranted a 4 HR cut.

I think the conflict that Whedon brought into the team (Yes its very Avengers like) on whether to bring back Supes, Aquaman sitting on the lasso and Diana massaging Bruce were good scenes in the Whedon Cut. Heck I know I'm the minority but superman was way better written by Whedon than Terrio and Snyder.

I really do like this scene tho

I agree that Superman was better written almost by virtue of being more of a character. Apart from his CGI mouth, he was more heroic and traditional, and all of that was gone.

But somehow after seeing a CGI Cavill mouth, now I can't help seeing that in all of his scenes and having to look carefully to see if it is really his own mouth. I think I'm starting to see a CGI-removed moustache now where there is none and his face always looks weird.

Aquaman flirting with Diana is out of character, as he hardly knows her. Diana fighting with Bruce over Steve Trevor as if he died recently is also hilarious, after 100 years she should have overcome her grief, that was the whole point of Wonder Woman 1984 film, that Diana manages to move ahead and not be held back to her past.

And even in comics, Justice League is not known to have fights / disputes with in the team, like Avengers. These characters naturally compliment each other. Whedon did try to add Avengers dynamic in the team, and maybe general audiences liked that but for DC fans it looked odd, these characters didn't resemble characters we saw in MoS, WW movie and Aquaman movie. Arthur Curry was a loner not a flirt.

Last edited:
Bruce fought with the League a lot...plenty of story archs about it. (Tower of Babel being a great one) The Justice League fought quite a bit especially Post-Crisis. It was never to the level the Avengers did though.

Most of the time in Avengers comics (post 1990) there's is some squabble going on within two / three factions of Avengers.

They get along when there's some common threat and they quietly go their ways after defeating the enemy, only to fight with each other as soon as they see each other, maybe I'm exaggerating but most of the Avengers comics I read were like that.

Sounds about right. I am not a Marvel guy though so my knowledge comes from my days working at the comic shop and my buddy who used to be a Marvel Zombie before he met me.

JLA/Avengers is a must read BTW if you need something to show off all the incarnations of both teams.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"