Age of Ultron SPOILERS INSIDE What you didn't like about Avengers: Age of Ultron - Flaws/Critiques

speno94

Civilian
Reaction score
Hi everyone, like I did in the Guardians of the Galaxy Forum, I wanted to create this thread for Avengers: Age of Ultron.

I was just wondering what minor/major flaws you had with the film (if any) and what elements they could have improved on and what you would liked to have seen, but didn't see etc. You could put them in bullet points:

- What you would of liked to have seen in the film, but didn't get

- Major/minor flaws

- What they could have improved on

- Killing off Baron Strucker
- Killing off Quicksilver
- Ultron pulling off so many quips while trying to be Winter Soldier serious, it just didn't work for me, butn i did like how "human" they made Ultron, perhaps his quips being part of his flaws just didn't get hit me right.
- Hulk being the coward in the relationship, be a man! Get the girl! :b

- Bruce and Natasha love story
- Hawkeye family backstory
- Thors pointless mission
- Lack of Vision screen time
- How easily Ultron was defeated

Ultron as the centerpiece villain. His motivations and actions were a little muddled, wasn't imposing enough with James Spader's voice slightly wasted. The Ultron bots action beats felt similar to TA1's Chitauri. Stark's character development seemed off in the way that it didn't seem to follow from IM3, i.e. he's back in his suit. Thor's development, or lack thereof, was neither here nor there either.

Ultron as the centerpiece villain. His motivations and actions were a little muddled, wasn't imposing enough with James Spader's voice slightly wasted. The Ultron bots action beats felt similar to TA1's Chitauri. Stark's character development seemed off in the way that it didn't seem to follow from IM3, i.e. he's back in his suit. Thor's development, or lack thereof, was neither here nor there either.

So much truth. I feel the same.

In another less entertaining and deftly handled movie it would have been huge problems for me, but here it just felt as wasted opportunities more than anything.

Yeah don't get me wrong, I enjoyed the movie.

I'll copy the cons from my review

-A lot of the humor didn't land. Very cheesy, and some jokes went on for way too long.
-Ultron is good in terms of voice performance and CGI, but he doesn't feel threatening at all. They tried to make him deep with his talk about human evolution, but it's just nonsensical. Another weak villain in the MCU.
-Too much stuff going on at the same time. I was extremely confused at certain points during the climax, because I didn't know what the Avengers were trying to accomplish exactly.
-Convenient and cliché plot devices. "oh, Ultron escaped through the internet and is going through every database on earth to find nuclear launch codes!" We've seen this a thousand times before, and it's so lame that I'm indifferent to Ultron's actions. Also, at one point Thor runs off with his professor body to bathe in a pool, and when he comes back to the team he shares some kind of epiphany that isn't shown or explained.

I'm wondering what was cut from the movie because some of what they left in seemed pointless. Selvig was completely unnecessary and Dr Cho commenting about the party "Will Thor be there?" and then ..... nothing .....why bother? Black Widow also had some godawful lines to Banner in that party scene. Less seductress and more ""Oops, forgot to take my medication!"

The whole water thing with Selvig had me scratching my head. Maybe it was explained in a Thor movie and it slipped my mind?

Just skimming some comments here.

So is this becoming a case of having too many characters to juggle? Because we still have Doctor Strange, Spider-Man, Black Panther, and Captain Marvel to throw into the mix yet.

-The Hulk and Black Widow romantic subplot felt like it came out of nowhere for me.
-Falcon not appearing in the final battle (or did I miss him?)
-Towards the end Ultron didn't feel like the threat he was supposed to be.
-Quicksilver dying. This really made me sad. I can't see him and Wanda being apart. They have such a good dynamic. I just hope he can be returned in later MCU movies. :(

But overall, I enjoyed the movie a lot. Gonna watch it a couple of times in the next two weeks. :)

Ultrons story was messy. Also, it was never explained why Stark returned. At the end of IM3 it was made out like he retired. No explanation here for that.

Ultrons story was messy. Also, it was never explained why Stark returned. At the end of IM3 it was made out like he retired. No explanation here for that.
He never retired; he just didn't feel he needed all the suits he had made to be a hero. That didn't exactly preclude him from still building a suit or two to help out the Avengers.

- Quicksilver death. Didn't feel emotional.
- Thor side story
- The last Vision vs Ultron scene. (just like that?)
- Dr. Cho. Bland.

yeah, Thor's side story was kinda pointless.

My flaws are more nit picks which didnt ruin the movie for me and still dont bother me that much.

-The black widow/hulk romance felt a little forced and strange.
- Baron Strucker dying.
- Hardly no Falcon Screen time.
- Thor going off on his own mission/ Quest.
- Ultron got new body quite fast,but meh.

How did Ultimate Ultron look?

First long tracking shot had awful CGI.

The Hulk Widow romance, the Thor mission and Ultron's jokes and lack of threat keep to seem coming up. Oh and the deaths. :csad:

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
osayi
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"