Civil War What you didn't like about Captain America: Civil War - Flaws/Critiques

Status
Not open for further replies.

speno94

Civilian
Reaction score
I was just wondering what minor/major flaws you had with the film (if any) and what elements they could have improved on and what you would liked to have seen, but didn't see etc. You could put them in bullet points:

- What you would of liked to have seen in the film, but didn't get

- Major/minor flaws

- What they could have improved on

- Crossbones getting murdered, I mean c'mon!

That's my only gripe.

- Crossbones getting murdered, I mean c'mon!

That's my only gripe.

Yeah, Crossbones probably suffers the most in terms of screen time (as well as Martin Freeman’s Everett Ross) and despite Crossbones being integral to the plot [BLACKOUT]he wears a suicide vest which ends up causing the tragedy which leads to the introduction of the Sokovia Accords[/BLACKOUT] killing him off after a single fight scene with Captain America feels like a bit of a waste.

While Crossbones would never have been lead villain material, it's hard to escape the feeling that much more could have been done with Brock Rumlow, especially since in the comics, it’s HIM that assassinates Cap.

Although in the Civil War comic, the super villain Nitro causes himself to explode killing many people leading to the registration act and in the Civil War film, [BLACKOUT]Crossbones explodes himself[/BLACKOUT] so he is basically the Nitro of the film and the character to start the accords.

that no one dies

its the ONE things that separates this movie from absolute perfection for me

But you had the black guy sacrifise his good condition! ;)

that doesn't really count

hell, THAT GUY could have easily been killed off ... I dojnt see him being very important on the next movies

Yeah the Iron Man supporting cast has really been just killed off. Robert Downey Junior will do 2 more Avenger movies and Spider-Man movie, and whatever movie he gets paid big $$$$ for.

Didn't remember the score like I did with Winter Soldier. I'll see the film again, the Winter Soldier theme and Taking a Stand were amazing, still listen to them thanks to Apple Music.

Can't believe they killed Thanos so soon.

damion-poitier-thanos-avengers.jpg

Didn't remember the score like I did with Winter Soldier. I'll see the film again, the Winter Soldier theme and Taking a Stand were amazing, still listen to them thanks to Apple Music.

The score was lacking big time. Very disappointed after how high my hopes were after Trailer #1.

Didn't like that Spider-Man was CGI. He looked so fake.

With the way the Russo Bros teased Cap 3 having a 'controversial ending', I was pretty disappointed with the end

Sounds like this movie basically negates the whole point of Iron Man Three, what with Tony giving up building so many suits and making time for Pepper. AoU did that as well to a degree.

As Stan Lee said, comics are about the illusion of change.

Iron Man and Batman had the same role in their movies. They're both burned out and act as the villains.

I have to blame myself to at least some extent as I went in thinking that Steve Rogers maybe WAS going to die, but I knew they weren't going to do it, but even though I obviously don't want Cap to die, I almost wish they did as it would have REALLY shook up the MCU and would have been the 'controversial/emotional' ending the Russo's talked about.

How emotional would it have been if Cap surrended just like in the comic after the end fight with Tony, then as Cap is taken into custody, he gets shot by Crossbones if they kept him alive. I knew the filmmakers weren't going to do this, but this ending would have matched the Winter Soldier Hydra/SHIELD ending in terms of really shaking up the MCU.

Yeah, I'm just really surprised in general that NO-ONE died in this movie. (Apart from Peggy, but that doesn't really count.)

I'm not downing the movie, cos it is AWESOME! and IS probably my best MCU film. The Empire Strikes Back of the MCU.

This thread makes me smile. In other forums they need positivity threads because of all the negativity. We need this thread because no one is pointing out flaws in most of the other threads.

I didnt like that Civil War opens so late for the US.

This thread makes me smile. In other forums they need positivity threads because of all the negativity. We need this thread because no one is pointing out flaws in most of the other threads.

I'm pretty sure Baron Zemo and Crossbones threads will be overly negative.

With the way the Russo Bros teased Cap 3 having a 'controversial ending', I was pretty disappointed with the end

I said the same thing a couple days ago. It didn't end quite as divisively as advertised. I felt the letter to Tony should have been saved for Infinity War. By Cap extending that olive branch one scene after their big fight, for me it kind of unwinds what the entire movie was working for.

Sounds like this movie basically negates the whole point of Iron Man Three, what with Tony giving up building so many suits and making time for Pepper. AoU did that as well to a degree.

As Stan Lee said, comics are about the illusion of change.

This kind of thing tends to happen with different directors taking over these films. In order to remedy it, we conveniently got one comment from Tony about how he pledged to give up the suits, but joining Ross's treaty is a "happier medium".

I didnt like that Civil War opens so late for the US.

There are most definitely issues with the film. It's not perfect, but the highs are so high that it distracts people from problems I feel exist.

Last edited:
I'm pretty sure Baron Zemo and Crossbones threads will be overly negative.
Still, I think the point is that the discussion here is already a lot more level-headed and far less toxic. That counts for a lot, IMO.

i'd wager that has more to do with Americans having to wait 1 week to see this movie.

Still, I think the point is that the discussion here is already a lot more level-headed and far less toxic. That counts for a lot, IMO.

I liked Bruhl as Zemo. He sold the hell out of the small role he was given. He was a lot like the Red Skull - great actor/character that needed waaaaaay more screen time.

Have not even seen the movie yet and I'm pretty sure my biggest complaint will be not seeing enough sweaty ab screen time. lol

Tony already went back to the suits and Avengers by AOU. It comes down to he could not stop being an Avenger, even after AOU and Pepper was showing in IM3 even as Tony was suffering from PSTD and you'd think she'd be at her most sympathetic that she was having a really difficult time with his hero-ing. Add to it her kidnapping, near death and extremis and you could see her point. Toss in Sokovia and Ultron and well... That it would result in a break or separation is sad but not surprising.

I thought Bruhl was great as Zemo - a performance filled with quiet menace and intelligence as well as sadness. It's great they kept him alive because there are also very much seeds for him becoming more like his comic counterpart when he decides maybe he needs his own group of super powered individuals to truly defeat the Avengers.

Biggest issue for me is the airport fight. Despite knowing the teams ahead of the film it was still very easy to get lost and forget who was on which side. I found myself having to say 'ok he's team Cap, she's team Iron Man'. That's the one the weakness of the film.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija
Back